Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not

Go down 
+7
theweirdkind
Sakurelf
Mikey Go WOOGA
A_Note_Chaotic
Chaltab
Lady Anne
King Bee
11 posters
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

"Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not Empty
PostSubject: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah, the Taco Bell dog died.

Quote :
She charmed millions without ever saying a word — and managed to make fast-food tacos adorable. Gidget, the Chihuahua best known for her Taco Bell ad campaign (and her famous overdubbed tagline, "Yo quiero Taco Bell"), died from a stroke on Tuesday night at age 15.

"She made so many people happy," says Gidget's trainer, Sue Chipperton. PEOPLE met both Gidget and Sue at a Hollywood animals photo shoot in February, where the pup was a consummate pro and delighted the crew with her playful nature.

"When she's on a set, she comes alive," Chipperton said at the time. But when the mostly retired canine actor wasn't joining her trainer on shoots, the 15-year-old was happy to just kick back. "She goes on hikes with me and she loves the sun," said Chipperton, who added that Gidget was happy to sleep "for 23 hours and 45 minutes a day. She'll lay outside when it's 105 degrees! I like to joke that it's like looking after a plant."

In addition to her gig as spokesdog for Taco Bell, Gidget appeared in a commercial for the '90s edition of Trivial Pursuit and played Bruiser's mom in Legally Blonde 2 (Moonie, the dog who played Bruiser, was her best friend and sometime roommate at Chipperton's house).

Other than a few other small cameos, Gidget's working life didn't continue much beyond her Taco Bell legacy. But she left quite an impression. "One time, I kid you not, she actually pushed her stand-in out of the way because he was still there when she arrived on set," Chipperton recalled with a laugh. "Gidget always knew where the camera was."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Poor doggie. She lived a long life, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Nitpick Mode Activated!

Form of--Spanish Grammar correction!

Quiero means I want.
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 5:22 pm

This makes me sad. "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not 309696
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Chaltab wrote:
Nitpick Mode Activated!

Form of--Spanish Grammar correction!

Quiero means I want.

WRONG FORM!

King Bee's Spanish was correct. His English grammar was in no way correct. Razz It should have been "Not anymore you don't."

Because really, there are no Taco Bells in heaven. There's food that doesn't make you shit liquid fire in heaven.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 7:39 pm

I guess the celebrity and demi-celebrity death wave isn't just limited to humans. Good job, 2009. You're well on your way to topping 2008.
Now, if you need me, I'll be protecting Morgan Freeman from all harm.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Sakurself wrote:
I guess the celebrity and demi-celebrity death wave isn't just limited to humans. Good job, 2009. You're well on your way to topping 2008.
I think 2009 already topped 2008.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Sakurself wrote:

2009 had MJ, and the proceeding MJ wank, but 2008 had sheer numbers. By the end of the year, though, I have no doubt half of Hollywood will be dead.

EDIT: Let's not forget, 2008 had Heath Ledger wank up the wazoo. He may not have had a concert for his death, but he did win an Oscar posthumously.

Last edited by Sakurelf on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm

^
And nothing of value would have been lost.

Except Billy Mays. :unskilled78:
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:48 pm

^Wow, I was going to mention Billy Mays.

WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO WHEN I THINK LIKE MIKEY? :unskilled78:
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 pm

^
I find it both sad and funny that they're still playing his commercials all over the place.

I think that Jupiter Jack one came out after his death, which is particularly badass. "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not 611762 He's like a Tupac of spokesmen. Every so often, they're going to release another posthumous advertisement from him, and before long he's going to be selling a product that brings you back from the dead.

ZOMBILLY
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Via con dios, Senorita Chihuahua. No
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:07 am

Sakurelf wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Sakurself wrote:

2009 had MJ, and the proceeding MJ wank, but 2008 had sheer numbers. By the end of the year, though, I have no doubt half of Hollywood will be dead.

EDIT: Let's not forget, 2008 had Heath Ledger wank up the wazoo. He may not have had a concert for his death, but he did win an Oscar posthumously.
Plus, didn't the dog from Frasier die in 2008? Or was that 2007? Anyway, that dog was totally awesome.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
I find it both sad and funny that they're still playing his commercials all over the place.
Ugh, bad idea. You don't want your product associated with 'that guy who died'.
When Marcello Tusco died, the Moretti beer suspended their commercials and made a new campaign (he's still on the labels as a tribute, tho)

2008 redeemed itself by offing Georg Haider, tho. Who'll be the villain this year?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:21 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
When Marcello Tusco died, the Moretti beer suspended their commercials and made a new campaign (he's still on the labels as a tribute, tho)

2008 redeemed itself by offing Georg Haider, tho. Who'll be the villain this year?
Perez Hilton. Please.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
The Unoriginal wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^

Perez Hilton. Please.

Paris Hilton. Please.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
The Unoriginal wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^

Perez Hilton. Please.

Paris Hilton. Please.
That works, too.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:11 pm

Why not both?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 10:32 pm

Fifteen is a long life for a chihuahua. I had one named Pepper who lived fifteen years, then one day she just crawled into an old purse and died. Didn't look like she suffocated or anything. Just curled up, went to sleep and died. Made burying her easier.
I never liked Taco Bell, but I always thought the little chihuahua was cute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not   "Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not Empty

Back to top Go down

"Yo quiero Taco Bell" Not anymore you're not
Page 1 of 1