Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?

Go down 
+9
Mr. Comic Book
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sparrow
Layla
Nihilist
King Bee
KitsuneGrewUp
Twelve Thirteen
the asylum
13 posters
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? Empty
PostSubject: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2022 9:25 pm

I'm still here, the wife and I survived Covid. I'm working 80-90 hours a week now though because life is endless suffering until we're finally granted the sweet relief of death.

Yes, I'm married now. I'm just as surprised as you all are.
Back to top Go down
Twelve Thirteen

Twelve Thirteen

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 2:36 am

congratulations on being normal nowadays

Nihilist likes this post

Back to top Go down
KitsuneGrewUp

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 4:40 am

I moved to a different state, moved back. Discovered my pan and poly side, which. Wow, if you remember me, that is sure a jolly surprise, goodness me. Life is on hold while I deal with some medical issues. Never stopped being a dickhead. I'm still in contact with a couple of people from here, which is nice!
Back to top Go down
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 6:30 am

Moved to a different state, got lots of pets, lost my grandmother, and currently passed my road test and currently waiting to receive my temporary driver's license.
Back to top Go down
Nihilist
Serial Troll
Serial Troll
Nihilist

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 7:26 am

I work from home for a large worldwide company and get to shit on the phone while hearing customers rant 😂

I have a USB extension cord on my headset. QA never found out that I was muting and shitting.
Back to top Go down
Layla
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Layla

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Got laid off from my job that I loved.
Had to move back home.
Dad died in October 2017.
Mom died in January 2021.
Have been drifting through a series of sucktastic jobs, just started a new one last week.
At least I can work from for now.
Currently waiting for the gloriously incompetent morons handling my parents' estate to get their shit together and pay my sibling and I the money we are owed from selling the house.
Yay.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySun Apr 17, 2022 4:10 pm

Stopped doing security last month to work retail and it's shockingly both better pay and a healthier environment

Moved into a much better area after the city offered to buy us out and tear down our old house to make attempts to gentrify / improve the area we used to live in.

Dad died in 2019 and still trying to settle his estate/clear out his stuff because COVID delayed stuff

Still married to Wolf
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 1:00 pm

I found out that I am autistic, have ADHD, OCD, and PTSD, which explains so much of how I ended up here as a 16 year old.

I tried regular jobs, but they wrecked my health, so I went and got tested. Found out the mental things, plus a bunch more stuff that I had been ignoring while a poor college student and gotten way, way worse. I have rickets that deformed my legs and make being on my feet for longer than an hour excruciating. Long story short, I ended up in vocational rehab (helping disabled people get jobs or start businesses) and they helped me publish my first Elvish textbook. That rose my profile considerably, and now I know (and chat with regularly) the people who work on publishing Tolkien's notes after Christopher Tolkien passed away. And found out that they're as gay as I am.

My spouse finally came out as female, and her parents hit the roof. Apparently me being pansexual seduced their perfect boy into being a woman to please me, not that their child was afraid to tell them what they felt because they were so openly bigotted, and I knew first because she could trust me to not reject her. So, yeah, that's been rough. Like, panic attack lasting a solid week rough.

I'm now a career Elvish linguist. I go to conventions to sell Elvish textbooks then get told by people who can't tell their Mae Govannens from their Na Veduis that I don't say the word "Sindarin" correctly. Basically a lot of sexist, ageist crap because I am not an old white dude. Or they think the booth-babe is a fat 30-something lesbian for kicks and giggles, who knows. I still make bank selling Elvish textbooks, and the people who matter know I am a top expert on Tolkien's languages. I've even been in contact with the Tolkien Estate - they don't let me have commercial translation services, but they like my Elvish textbooks.

And I have a cat now.

That's it. That's my life now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Mr. Comic Book
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mr. Comic Book

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptyMon Apr 18, 2022 5:13 pm

Currently working at GM for the second time (my first spin was 2008-2009, just in time to be laid off thanks to the recession), been there for 5 years now.

Survived what should have been a fatal car accident nine years ago this month, still have permanent damage in my left shoulder and leg.

My dad survived two bouts of cancer, my mother recently survived a minor stroke.

Had the miserable experience of trying to save my family's two dogs from an attacking pit bull, ended up losing one of them. The fact that my neighbors treated the whole incident as a spectator sport and did nothing to help just made it worse.

Became an uncle to a four year-old niece who visits with her mom about once a year or so.

All my siblings are married; I'm still at home taking care of my parents as needed.

In other words, not much changed for me, outside of some really ugly situations.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 5:08 am

Lost My Job, Got a worse job, then a much better job (Run my own shop now)
Created my own community, it is both amazing and stressful.
I am/was always Poly? That one kinda blindsided me.
Out on my own now finally, running panels, drinking events, games clubs and desperately trying to not catch COVID again.

Still see/follow some of the old faces on the Tumblr, cause I made one some 10 years ago and can't be bothered to leave.

Somath Cegem literally everywhere still so if you see me say hey Smile
Back to top Go down
KitsuneGrewUp

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySat Apr 23, 2022 10:41 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:

...Pffff. Yeah, surprise surprise. I love you
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 1:07 am

KitsuneGrewUp wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:

...Pffff. Yeah, surprise surprise. I love you

Okay first of all how dare you?

Second of all, fair, very fair.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 7:59 pm

Finally realized I'm both queer and poly. Still married, since he is thankfully also poly. Have now been married 20 years???? Time has no meaning anymore.

The short story I got published back before I dropped off the radar made it to hardcover, so that was awesome.

Work as a research project analyst, which is sometimes very cool and mostly very very annoying. Have a follow up interview to work in city government this Tuesday, which will hopefully mean MO MONEY.

Accidentally got a cat, then semi-purposefully got a second cat.

EDIT: Also, I almost died like 3 times, so there was that.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptySat Apr 30, 2022 12:41 am

Oh well, what the hell.

I stopped working for insane idiots. Went into retail/service/census jobs while pursuing a degree program that wasn't very good, and ultimately wasted my GI Bill on it. It's a long story.

Fortunately, after years of haggling, the government has agreed to give me some "sorry we broke you" walking around money. And low-cost healthcare. Neat.

Unsurprisingly, the shine wore off Rothbardian libertarianism in 2016. Abruptly. Because logging in as a guy who actually meant the whole "I want the married gays to protect their marijuana farms with legal machine guns" on Nov 9 2016, it was like this.

So uh. Congrats everybody, you turned a 2-tour Afghanistan vet who enjoyed being favorably compared to Ron Swanson into an unhinged anarcho-leftist lunatic. As ever, feel free to ask about what resources I consider best to put holes in proud boys, threepers, police or whatever local brand of fascist you may be contending with.

oh yeah we lost the war. Except we didn't because we never surrendered lmao. just a prank bro

Physically, I'm right back where I started with this place. Helluva thing, that.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 1:40 pm

I stopped smoking dope (mostly). I write code for a living. The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? 927788 Sitting on my ass at home and typing for money is fun. I like my job. I dated someone from here years ago. I'm still an asshole, in case you were wondering. The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? 777742
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?   The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now? Empty

Back to top Go down

The cast of WGW- Where Are They Now?
Page 1 of 1