Why God, Why?


 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 So, this whole "gamergate" thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
1604127

avatar

Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So this is the whole story about the events of the controversy known as "GamerGate". Here is a truncated version of the events.

* A woman named Zoe Quinn, a game developer, cheats on her boyfriend with a couple of people in the videogame journalism industry. Those people she slept with give her positive write-ups on their websites.

* The internet finds out, complains. Things wind down, but then!

* For whatever reason, gaming websites pull this shit all at once. Not only is it absolutely ridiculous that WEBSITES CATERING TOWARDS GAMERS are making articles about how GAMERS ARE BAD PEOPLE, but it's an obvious case of collusion. Now the complaining is coming back. Adam Baldwin coins the term "gamergate", which sticks.

* The gaming websites fight back! They say that "gamers" are all misogynistic white men, you know, like caamib. #notyourshield comes up. It is used by minorities who support gamergate and feel that it's wrong for SJWs to claim that minorities are automatically on their side. Journalists dismiss hashtag as jamming movement created by sockpuppets of misogynistic white men, who aren't really minorities. Shots fired!

* Zoe Quinn comes up with IRC chat which appears to prove that gamers are conducting a massive harassment campaign against her. It is later proven that, while the IRC chat is real, it was done by trolls and shitposters to try to ruin gamergate, and wasn't actually made by gamers.

* It is discovered that there's a huge list of games journalists who are, in fact, colluding with each other. There is no attempt made to deny this. The journalists claim it's no big deal that "people in the industry (gasp) KNOW EACH OTHER", despite the fact that they are posting articles that all say the same thing at the same time.

* 4chan begins mass censorship of gamergate posts. In the wake of this and the celebrity nude leak scandal, tons of people migrate over to new website, 8chan.

* An edit war goes on on Wikipedia as people struggle to get the gamergate page to support their side. Jimmy Wales himself comments on it.

* C.H. Summers, a feminist lecturer, makes a video about gamergate, refuting some arguments made by another gaming person, Anita Sarkeesian. There is a shitstorm.

* Reddit comes up with Operation Disrespectful Nod, a plan to remove advertisers from Gamasutra, one of the primary sources of the corruption. It is ongoing. They succeed in removing a handful of sponsors, most notably Intel.

* People are doxxed, get death and rape threats, you know, internet stuff.

* People making Borderlands: The Pre Sequel claim that gamers are worse than ISIS. Randy Pitchfork, head of the studio that makes this game, backs them up.

A short list of the sites that are most heavily affilated with opposing GamerGate: Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, Rock Paper Shotgun, and Cracked.

Really, this whole thing is an absurd clusterfuck. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-03
Age : 35
Location : TRILOBITE!

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Yeah, here's what actually happened, dipshit.

Eron Gjoni wrote a big screed reeeeeeeing about what a slutty bitch his ex was, and of course he would have absolutely no reason to lie about that, would he? Too bad for his ex that she made a game that 4chan didn't like and which got good reviews. She got death threats and is still getting death threats, she was doxxed, her father got obscene phone calls, and she had to leave her house. You know, "the usual internet stuff". 4chan decides to give the whole thing a veneer of legitimacy by claiming it's to do with corruption in gaming journalism, because one of the people Gjoni's ex supposedly slept with mentioned her in an article before they got together. Adam Baldwin, that bastion of rational thought and level-headedness, comes up with the Gamergate hashtag.

The trogs who pull shit like this had all the excuse they needed to go after other women they didn't like. Anita Sarkeesian, WHO MAKES VIDEOS ABOUT GAMES, almost like a fucking JOURNALIST or something, is also forced to flee her house (over "the usual internet stuff"). OH MY GOD gaming websites saw fit to comment on this one event when the news broke!!! CLEARLY this is collusion and evidence of something other than, you know, COMMON HUMAN DECENCY and utter disgust that a small minority of shitfucks are STILL DOING THIS SHIT IN THE NAME OF GAMING.

4chan absolutely DOES create the #NotYourShield tag (this is called astroturfing) and posts their version of events on things like knowyourmeme.org. Zoe Quinn does lurk on IRC and posts evidence of Gamergate's real agenda. It's dismissed by morons who have already bought into the lie that Gamergate is all about ethics in journalism and didn't actually start as a harassment campaign.

After being hassled by commenters about addressing Gamergate, Cracked investigates, and runs a bunch of articles, including one by Zoe Quinn. The comments are flooded with people calling Quinn a cunt and a whore. ETHICS IN JOURNALISM EVERYBODY, NOT MISOGYNY

The Gamergate line on Quinn is that she is to be referred to as "Literally Who?" This later changes to "Bitch doxxed herself for attention, nobody even harassed her".

"Moderate" gamergaters handwring about the people making rape and death threats and literally DRIVING WOMEN OUT OF THEIR HOMES by whining "we're not all like that" and "but you called us ISIS ablooablooabloo". Meanwhile Anita Sarkeesian is forced to cancel an appearance at USU because someone threatened to bomb and shoot up the place if she spoke. Because feminists have ruined his life.

You know, the usual internet stuff.

In conclusion, fuck Gamergate. It silences women with rape and death threats, and I hope its supporters get killed by a hammer-wielding maniac. Fuck "NOT ALL GAMERS". One bad apple spoils the bunch, and they all belong on the compost heap.

Links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
1604127

avatar

Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:13 pm

We don't condone harassment, you idiot! We found the person who was making threats against Anita Sarkeesian and got him punished! This isn't a hate movement.

I'd like to point out that this isn't about Zoe Quinn anymore, either. "Quinnspiracy", the hashtag used to talk about Zoe Quinn, hasn't been supported by gamergate for months.

Journalists control the narrative. You'd have to see it from the perspective of actual people to understand it.

Also, the bit about notyourshield...are you saying that minorities don't exist? The IRC chatlogs were falsified. Here is proof.


Last edited by 1604127 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-03
Age : 35
Location : TRILOBITE!

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:16 pm

Is it hard to type with 4chan's ass in your mouth?
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeah, Gamers, you get all bent out of shape every time someone accuses you and your ilk of being misogynistic yet you decide the best way to refute accusations of misogyny is with massive displays of misogyny. To say you're not helping your own case would be an understatement.
Back to top Go down
1604127

avatar

Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Cyberwulf, I can understand why you feel this way. I was against gamergate too! I just ask that you read this and try to understand me, too.

I am a black male with Asbergers.

Here is Leigh Alexander, calling my race "hood men" and claiming she is harassed by the existence of black men (bottom left here) She is against gamergate.

Here is Brianna Wu, one of these poor twagic heroines who was doxxed by those big bad evil white misogynists, calling a woman with Autism Spectrum Disorder a "gross fucking aspie". (link here)

This doesn't just make me uncomfortable, it makes me furious! If I have to live in a world where these people are at the forefront of social justice, I'd rather shoot myself.
Back to top Go down
1604127

avatar

Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Sorry, double post.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-14
Age : 32
Location : O Canada

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:27 pm

regarding the whole mra vs sjw thing:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Having an actual, meaningful discussion about women in games (or any other moderately serious subject for that matter) on the internet is all but impossible. No, the cheeto-stained anon isn't actually going to rape or violently sodomize Ms. Sarkeesian, nor will the hambeast on Tumblr castrate her baby boy for the crime of being male. But they will recline in their sweat-drenched chairs and gurgle up, "Huehuehuehue i trolld u!"

regarding the whole corruption in games journalism:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, big-name review sites are crooked. We've known this since before the idea of talking about games on the internet was even thought of.

This is no watershed event, or anything remotely important. This too will be left and forgotten once the next blown up shitstorm lands, the vicious cycle begins anew, and nothing changes.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : under the sink

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:03 pm

1604127 wrote:
Cyberwulf, I can understand why you feel this way. I was against gamergate too! I just ask that you read this and try to understand me, too.

I am a black male with Asbergers.

Here is Leigh Alexander, calling my race "hood men" and claiming she is harassed by the existence of black men (bottom left here) She is against gamergate.

Here is Brianna Wu, one of these poor twagic heroines who was doxxed by those big bad evil white misogynists, calling a woman with Autism Spectrum Disorder a "gross fucking aspie". (link here)

This doesn't just make me uncomfortable, it makes me furious! If I have to live in a world where these people are at the forefront of social justice, I'd rather shoot myself.

- more than a handful of early queer activists (mostly of the gay cis!male variety) were pederasty advocates
- Margaret Sanger was a eugenicist
- The Black Panther Party had a notable culture of virulent homophobia and misogyny
- Norma McCorvey (Jane Roe) is now a pro-life activist

note that none of this in any way makes the causes these people are associated with any less legit
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-03
Age : 35
Location : TRILOBITE!

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:22 am

1604127 wrote:
Cyberwulf, I can understand why you feel this way. I was against gamergate too! I just ask that you read this and try to understand me, too.

I am a black male with Asbergers.

Here is Leigh Alexander, calling my race "hood men" and claiming she is harassed by the existence of black men (bottom left here) She is against gamergate.
Pretty sure she's harassed by STREET HARASSMENT. It's important to read the whole thing, dipshit.

Quote :
Here is Brianna Wu, one of these poor twagic heroines who was doxxed by those big bad evil white misogynists
So you're saying she wasn't doxxed, or that that's an appropriate response to this tweet?

Quote :
, calling a woman with Autism Spectrum Disorder a "gross fucking aspie". (link here)

See, this is why I'm convinced that someone on the gamergate side will have to die before you pieces of shit will ever stop. You honestly think that threatening to rape a woman with a blunt object and posting her address is an appropriate response to a display of ableism (as if that tweet wasn't dug up after she made fun of Gamergate on twitter). Nice work calling her on using a picture of an autistic child when 4chan mocked up sixty pages of that same picture mocking the original meme. Oh but I guess it's okay when they do it because everyone knows they're scum, right?

Quote :
This doesn't just make me uncomfortable, it makes me furious! If I have to live in a world where these people are at the forefront of social justice, I'd rather shoot myself.

Aww, you're uncomfortable and furious? I'M SCARED AND FURIOUS. Are black men with Aspergers being doxxed and threatened and chased off the internet? SO FAR THREE WOMEN HAVE FLED THEIR HOMES, TWO HAVE QUIT GAMING JOURNALISM, AND ONE HAS BEEN LITERALLY PREVENTED FROM SPEAKING BY A TERRORIST THREAT. Because of YOUR MOVEMENT. That's the world you live in. That's what you support. Hope you can sleep at night.

And as for #NotYourShield, I'm saying it was started on 4chan. I'm not saying it didn't sucker in members of minority groups. I'm saying you should be suspicious about where it started. I'm saying you should bear in mind that the angry white men whose hate movement you're shielding will eventually turn on you too.

And now I'm done. Because fuck you. You have no sense of proportion or even human decency. This is not the way to solve a problem you have with someone. There aren't "two sides" when one side is HOUNDING PEOPLE FROM THEIR HOMES and then accusing them of making it up for attention. That's a bully and a victim. Maybe it makes you feel like a big man to be with the bullies for a change, huh?
Back to top Go down
1604127

avatar

Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:41 am

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I was only attempting to start a rational discussion, but if you'd rather support ableism and racism over people who play video games, that is your choice.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : under the sink

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:43 am

1604127 wrote:
I was only attempting to start a rational discussion.

oh fuck you and your dismissive faux hand-wringing

16 wrote:
but if you'd rather support ableism and racism over people who play video games, that is your choice

omg are you being deliberately obtuse or something?

seriously this isn't about that and you know it stop with the disingenuous bullshit

oh and #notyourshield is a stupid defense on the level of "but I have black friends"

tell me, are you or any of your #gamergate buddies being individually targeted with threats and driven out of your homes?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-03
Age : 35
Location : TRILOBITE!

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:39 am

Oh look, I lied.

1604127 wrote:
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I was only attempting to start a rational discussion, but if you'd rather support ableism and racism over people who play video games, that is your choice.

Man.

What the fuck am I supposed to say to this?

Let's start with "rational discussion". I addressed all of your points (except "the IRC chatlogs were doctored" which I'll address now: I don't believe you're black and have Aspergers. See how that works?). I provided links. You choose not to argue about them. Why? Is that because I used nasty words? Is baby cwying about being called a piece of shit? I thought rape and death threats were "the usual Internet stuff", 1604127. Certainly you seem to think they're appropriate to lob at a woman who called someone a "gross fucking aspie". Should I expect you to describe how you're going to rape me in graphic detail now?

Now let's talk about "supporting ableism and racism over people who play video games". Your little movement started on 4chan. You know, where they use the term "nigger" like it's going out of style and regularly advise people to go back to their hugbox - you know, the real machine invented to help autistic people calm down? Oh, I know, I know, you've moved beyond 4chan. Well let's go back to how you think it's totally fine to threaten a woman with rape by a blunt instrument and doxx her because she once called someone a "gross fucking aspie". Let's marry that to your latest assertion that anyone who isn't on board with that is a racist and hates disabled people. But you know, "SJWs" are the ones who constantly overreact to every little thing, like the lack of female protagonists in games, or having abuse screamed at them on XBox live.

Let's finish up with how you're tutting at me for being emotional ("I'm sorry you feel that way") and irrational ("I was only attempting to start a rational discussion"). Remember earlier when you said you were against harassment? You haven't said one word about the terrorist threats against Utah State University if they let Anita Sarkeesian speak, even though the text of the threat is straight out of caamib's demented ramblings. You think it's fine that Brianna Wu had to leave her house when someone threatened to rape her with a blunt instrument and then posted her address. It's impossible to have a rational discussion with someone who thinks rape, death and bomb threats are acceptable responses to women talking critically about videogames or gamergate.

The thing I hate most of all about your shittastic movement is how you insist on spinning everything. Already people are accusing Sarkeesian of threatening herself for attention. You claim that nobody from Gamergate was involved as long as nobody uses the Gamergate hashtag - oh no, it's just pure coincidence that Brianna Wu wasn't threatened until she made fun of Gamergate, and this damning, ableist tweet of hers only came to light afterwards. You're bullies. Gaming websites tightened up their ethics requirements and that wasn't enough for you. No, you want everyone who criticises games on social issues to shut the fuck up or else you'll rape them to death. And you're so stupid you think that Gamergate actually cares about racism and ableism, that the mob wouldn't turn in an instant on a black or disabled journalist who displeased them.

In the world that Gamergate wants to build, if an all-white gaming company put out a game called Thug Life, in which you play a white person's caricature of a "gangsta", whose dialogue reflects how a white suburban kid thinks black urban men sound, and in which you spend lots of time beating up black women and pushing wheelchair users down stairs, you couldn't criticise ANY of the racist, sexist, ableist aspects of that game. Not even when the white boys who love it start blacking up to cosplay as the protagonist. Because then you'd be a fucking social justice warrior and should be raped before you DESTROY GAMES FOREVAH.

But if you're happy to keep drinking that 4chan piss, good luck to you. I'm onto your fucking spin. You won't draw me into a "rational discussion" until you disavow the harassment and threats to the women I've listed, and to Phil Fish, who was doxxed for the terrible crime of defending Zoe Quinn. Then maybe we'll talk more.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 34
Location : The Forest

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:48 am

Man, as a gamer I don't want to be associated with alla those loonies.

And gaming journos have been agreeably corrupt for years. It's part of their charm!
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-07-18
Location : Wild Gray Yonder

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 am

You have sinned, you have sinned, you have gravely sinned. Beg forgiveness, in the name of the Mario, and of the Sonic, and of the Crash Bandicoot. Amen.

Knorg wrote:
Man, as a gamer I don't want to be associated with alla those loonies.

Too late!
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-05
Location : Where the lonely people come from

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:20 pm

Jeez, there's no need to throw a shit fit over somebody having an opinion.
Back to top Go down
1604127

avatar

Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:35 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
until you disavow the harassment and threats to the women I've listed, and to Phil Fish, who was doxxed for the terrible crime of defending Zoe Quinn. Then maybe we'll talk more.

I disavow these things. And I think you are under the impression that, because of a few vocal fringe people, all gamers are bullies. Well, going by that logic, all these quote-on-quote social justice warriors are bullies. I am saying all these three women who are here got harassed in extreme ways. So are gamergate people! Look at this stuff!

Gamergate supporter sent mysterious syringe from anti-gamergater

Gamergate supporters threatened and forced to leave his home just like Wu

Prominent gamergater gets doxxed

Where's the news report on this? Nowhere, because none of these people are women. I'd say the primary difference between gamergate and anti-gamergate is that anti-gamergate propagates abuse.

And as for your comment about not believing what I say about myself, what the fuck is your problem? Do I have to talk like yo thug lyfe kill whites nigga for you to think that I am an african american? Maybe that says something about you.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : under the sink

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:43 pm

1604127 wrote:
I disavow these things.

fuck you

16 wrote:
And I think you are under the impression that, because of a few vocal fringe people, all gamers are bullies.

fuck you

16 wrote:
Where's the news report on this? Nowhere, because none of these people are women.

you really don't get it do you?

16 wrote:
And as for your comment about not believing what I say about myself, what the fuck is your problem? Do I have to talk like yo thug lyfe kill whites nigga for you to think that I am an african american? Maybe that says something about you.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd fuck you



thx 4 playing pls try again later
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2013-05-05
Location : Where the lonely people come from

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Why are you being such a bitch about this, Doobie?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
avatar

Join date : 2009-10-23
Location : under the sink

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:16 pm

because for the most part he's either naive or disingenuous and if he can't understand why himself wulf will surely explain it and it will go wooshing right over his head anyway

it aint about opinion its about someone absolutely not getting it when its practically giving him a lap-dance

what's your excuse?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-03
Age : 35
Location : TRILOBITE!

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 pm

ViewSonic wrote:
Jeez, there's no need to throw a shit fit over somebody having an opinion.
someone tell the gamergate crowd that plz

1604127 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
until you disavow the harassment and threats to the women I've listed, and to Phil Fish, who was doxxed for the terrible crime of defending Zoe Quinn. Then maybe we'll talk more.

I disavow these things.
What things? You can't even list them. You're only saying it now because I shamed you into it.

Quote :
And I think you are under the impression that, because of a few vocal fringe people, all gamers are bullies.
Hey, Mr. #NotYourShield - stop conflating "gamers" with "Gamergate supporters". And enough Gamergate supporters ARE bullies. Enough of you do this shit, enough of you are gleeful about this shit, that I feel comfortable calling all of you bullies.


Quote :
Well, going by that logic, all these quote-on-quote social justice warriors are bullies.
You know that "social justice warrior" is just "political correctness gone mad" updated for 2014, right?

Quote :
I am saying all these three women
Six.

Six women. And a man.

You can't even keep count.

You don't even know what disavow means, do you? You're just using it because that's the word I used.

Quote :
So are gamergate people! Look at this stuff!

Gamergate supporter sent mysterious syringe from anti-gamergater
Aaah, Milo Yiannopoulos, the man who prior to Gamergate hated gamers and stereotyped them all as teens and manchildren with yellow-stained underwear hunched over game controllers in their parents' basements. Who writes for Breitbart and said that Anita Sarkeesian hadn't spoken to the police about being harassed, which was a lie. Yes, surely an anti-gamergater sent him that. No-one else could possibly have a problem with him, and he surely wouldn't lie about it. Perhaps we'll apply 4chan logic, and accuse him of doing it himself for attention.

Quote :
Gamergate supporters threatened and forced to leave his home just like Wu

Prominent gamergater gets doxxed
Yes, this is also wrong. Even if it's mudslingers whinging about people throwing dirtclods back at them. (Assuming of course 4chan trolls didn't send the threats to make the other side look bad.) No-one should be forced to leave their home over internet bullshit.

Quote :
I'd say the primary difference between gamergate and anti-gamergate is that anti-gamergate propagates abuse.
BAAAAAAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

Your shitty movement began as a harassment campaign. People associated with gamergate continue to hassle and threaten women, while the rest of you mock the victims ("one of these poor twagic heroines who was doxxed by those big bad evil white misogynists") and make noises about how anti-harassment you are, yet fail to condemn any actual harassment. Now you're crying because the people you're bullying are fighting back?

Quote :
And as for your comment about not believing what I say about myself, what the fuck is your problem? Do I have to talk like yo thug lyfe kill whites nigga for you to think that I am an african american? Maybe that says something about you.
That's the second time you've accused me of racism just because I don't believe you or agree with you. How very Social Justice Warrior of you. Try that shit next time your 4chan buddies say something nasty to you and see how far you get.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-06
Age : 34
Location : The Forest

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:28 pm

Penguin wrote:
You have sinned, you have sinned, you have gravely sinned. Beg forgiveness, in the name of the Mario, and of the Sonic, and of the Crash Bandicoot. Amen.

Knorg wrote:
Man, as a gamer I don't want to be associated with alla those loonies.

Too late!

All I need is some sort of avatar related to a socially conscious work of art game instead of... of... wait, never mind.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2011-01-11

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:28 am

Let me start by saying that I don't rate Anita Sarkesian's work. I think she talks a lot of crap, I've seen videos debunking some of her claims, and I don't understand how she became so famous all of a sudden just for talking crap.

However, this reaction (and I'm invoking a TL;DR here to assume that it's all accurate) is simply deplorable! Death threats, rape threats, just for making a few blogs?? What the hell is wrong with these people? Nothing can justify this, whomever it is directed against. I admit that I don't know all the details (I don't Tweet so when I see a hashtag I generally act as though it's not there), but it sounds like a few thugs are going to great lengths to take something personally that does not concern them in any way, and it only serves to further prove her points, and to give other male gamers a bad name!

Honestly, I don't understand why people are so against girls getting involved in gaming, like they want it to be, and remain, one big boys' club. Wouldn't it be better if there were lots of girls out there who could share our interests? Yet whenever a girl declares herself, she is often either insulted, threatened, or hit on (I've seen all of these things happen). It's no wonder girls don't like to declare themselves to gamers when the gaming community is full of such arseholes, who can only find strength by hiding behind a screen and typing obscenities that nobody can hold them accountable for.

Gaming is not, never was, and never will be, an exclusively manly pursuit. People should stop trying to pretend that it is. Anyway that's my £0.02.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10
Age : 31
Location : Your Pancreas

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Cunovendus wrote:
However, this reaction (and I'm invoking a TL;DR here to assume that it's all accurate) is simply deplorable! Death threats, rape threats, just for making a few blogs?? What the hell is wrong with these people? Nothing can justify this, whomever it is directed against. I admit that I don't know all the details (I don't Tweet so when I see a hashtag I generally act as though it's not there), but it sounds like a few thugs are going to great lengths to take something personally that does not concern them in any way, and it only serves to further prove her points, and to give other male gamers a bad name!

Death and rape threats have been the reflex reaction to Anita Sarkeesian since well before "GamerGate" was a thing.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
avatar

Join date : 2009-07-18
Location : Wild Gray Yonder

PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:
However, this reaction (and I'm invoking a TL;DR here to assume that it's all accurate) is simply deplorable! Death threats, rape threats, just for making a few blogs?? What the hell is wrong with these people? Nothing can justify this, whomever it is directed against. I admit that I don't know all the details (I don't Tweet so when I see a hashtag I generally act as though it's not there), but it sounds like a few thugs are going to great lengths to take something personally that does not concern them in any way, and it only serves to further prove her points, and to give other male gamers a bad name!

Death and rape threats have been the reflex reaction to Anita Sarkeesian since well before "GamerGate" was a thing.

See also: Anita Sarkeesian: The Monster Gamers Created almost a whole two years before all this.

The gaming community has gone bugnuts. Apparently whether or not to purchase Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is now a political choice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So, this whole "gamergate" thing   

Back to top Go down
 
So, this whole "gamergate" thing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Next best thing to a time machine...if you're from Boston anyway
» Were-"Thing in the Woods"-ism
» another glass id...quite a solid little thing
» Name one thing you like about the above person
» Name one thing you Don't like about the above person

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: