HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:55 pm

I guess some people will just file lawsuits over anything nowadays.

But, apparently, some woman has the balls to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You know that 2013 block-buster, that if you over-think it long enough, has a plot with more holes in it than Dick Cheney's hunting buddies? Yeah, that movie.

I wish I was making this up.

Quote :
An author named Isabella TaniKumi has filed a $250 million suit against the Walt Disney Company saying that Frozen was not actually based on the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale, The Snow Queen, but her 2010 autobiography about growing up in Peru.

Yes, this woman claims Frozen stole her life story.

Does Peru even have snow-covered peaks on which to sing about freedom and conjuring ice palaces?

Quote :
There have been discrepancies in the details, with some outlets saying the plagiarized book is eBook Yearnings of the Heart (the only title listed under Isabella’s name on Amazon) and others say it is Living My Truth under a pseudonym, L. Amy Gonzalez.
So either she's making it up as she goes along, or this just one giant ploy to grab more attention in book sales because her life story clearly is just magical.

Quote :
According to the suit, Frozen copied the story, characters, and plot from her autobiography. Let’s reflect briefly on the essential story, characters, and plot of Frozen:

A talking snowman.
A sister with magic powers.
A town cursed with eternal winter.
Singing trolls.
Singing trolls I'm willing to believe. The internet is lousy with 'em. I'm fairly certain a town cursed with eternal winter could easily be fuck-anywhere in Alaska. A talking snowman, that's a little harder; for all we know, she could be talking about Soulja Boi.

Now, her book in question, "Yearnings of the Heart" (I'd be surprised that was ripped off a Studio Ghibli film), this is its summary:
Quote :
This is a compelling, introspective account of the life of Isabella TaniKumi, who takes her readers on a journey through various phases of her remarkable life- from her family’s survival during the devastating earthquake of 1970 in Huaraz, Peru, to the trials of overcoming heartbreaks of her youth. Conquering personal insecurities led to exploring the reaches of her intellect while facing the tragic, and untimely death of her beloved sister, Laura...Forging many enduring friendships most notably with Julie, who rescued her from the depths of grief. Tanikumi also interweaves a dialogue with her long lost love Eduardo. This novel tacitily and expressly addresses Eduardo as a salient recipient of her reflections. Ultimately, Tanikumi is able to share her gratitude and joy as well as her insatiable thirst for life.

Last edited by TheIan on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Weird Al makes for a better place than listing frivolous lawsuits. Hell, Weird Al just makes everything better, period.)
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:22 pm

If she's successful, I'm suing over Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Knorgmaerelda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:10 am

I bet King is going to sue for the presence of candy in Wreck-It Ralph.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:10 am

1604127 wrote:
I bet King is going to sue for the presence of candy in Wreck-It Ralph.

With Burger King suing THEM later for the use of the word "King".
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Will you dumbasses stop invoking the McDonald's Hot Coffee lawsuit as an example of a frivolous lawsuit already? Fucking Christ, do some goddamn research.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:12 am

And before anyone tries to switch it with the thing about the telephone booth or the ladder 'slipping in poop'... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:27 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Will you dumbasses stop invoking the McDonald's Hot Coffee lawsuit as an example of a frivolous lawsuit already? Fucking Christ, do some goddamn research.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cyberwulf is right. The lawsuits from people who blew themselves up against the companies that made the entirely properly functioning, gratuitously warning labeled gas tanks the aforementioned idiots used to blow themselves up is a better example.
Back to top Go down
Nin

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 am

TheIan wrote:
Quote :
An author named Isabella TaniKumi has filed a $250 million suit against the Walt Disney Company saying that Frozen was not actually based on the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tale, The Snow Queen, but her 2010 autobiography about growing up in Peru.

Yes, this woman claims Frozen stole her life story.

Does Peru even have snow-covered peaks on which to sing about freedom and conjuring ice palaces?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes, but you'll also notice how many non-white people are in this photo, so there's no fucking way this lady's claim is any kind of real.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:34 pm

So when will this lady demonstrate her ice powers before a judge and jury?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"   

Back to top Go down

"BAAWW DISNEY STOLE MY LIFE STORY WITH THEIR MOVIE!"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1