Share | 

Hello Kitty

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Hello Kitty   Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:52 pm

I'd like to start by saying that I don't have the knee jerk hate for Avril that, uh, everyone else seems to. Sk8ter Boi was good. Complicated was good. I'm With You wasn't terrible. Frankly, much like Taylor Swift, her ability to play instruments and kind of write her own music makes her better than 90% of popshits in my mind. Particularly Katy Perry. Fuck Katy Perry.

Roar is the worst song I've ever heard.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The only thing worse than the song is the goddamn video. The song is ear rape, which, after hearing Nirvana's Lithium played ad nauseum on the radio, I've gotten used to. The video adds eye rape to the equation and I can't take having that many holes being violated at once. I guess part of me is just jealous that I'll never be able to make a living spouting incoherent gibberish while dressed and made up like a Punk/Goth Japanese Clown. The rest of me is trying to find the earplugs I used to great effect in my Accounting Information Systems class. It's hard to even critique the song because after the first five seconds my brain has shut down so it doesn't melt.

But those first five seconds are a doozy. The video starts off with Avril acting "quirky," for lack of a better word that won't offend retards, and "singing" in a pitch so high I'm surprised human ears can hear it, "Mina sako arigato, kawaii!" According to YouTube comments, this means "You rock, thank you, CUTE!" It will also be scribbled on the padded walls of my cell if I ever managed to listen to more than half the song, resulting in a complete psychotic break.

It goes on about a fat kid and Smarties and she keeps stuttering which was kind elegant when Lady Gaga did it but somehow seems tacky and asinine in this instance. Really, the entire things seems almost like a fuck you to J-Pop. Like when the video debuted Avril was sitting on a throne of skulls, looking into a black crystal ball like goddamn Queen Beryl, going "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU JAPAN THIS IS FOR PEARL HARBOR!!1!"

Off Topic: I brought up Taylor Swift earlier. Two questions:
1.) If you had to listen to either TSwift's music or Avril's music for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
2.) If you had to fuck one of TSwift or Avril, and could only fuck one of TSwift or Avril, which would you fuck?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Hello Kitty   Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:55 am

I think my favorite part is how all the dancers look dead inside exactly how you'll feel after watching this entire video and just staring into Avril's eyes

also my answer for both is neither cuz they both got a bad case of crazy eyes

tho Avril's your fucking chance, Mikey, I hear she fucks Chad Kroeger willingly
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: Hello Kitty   Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:46 pm

A few years ago I was in a branch of claire's, which is a chain of accessory shops full of gaudy day-glo stuff like bracelets, chains, gloves, webbed sleeves etc. While looking at the colourful suspenders and black-and-red ties which came with pre-installed safety pins for that carefully manufactured punk look, I suddenly realised that I was too old to buy and wear anything from that shop. That's how I feel about this video. Avril, you are too old (and too white) to pull this off. It's sort of pathetic, and I don't mean that in a snarly, spitty derogatory sense. I actually felt sorry for her, watching this. It doesn't look good on you, honey. Stop. Just...stop.
Back to top Go down
Kari Izumi
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Hello Kitty   Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:05 am

Because I'm not jiggy with what kids are into these days, I only just saw this vid a few weeks ago.

Holy fucking ballsacks, I don't think I hate Justin Beiber like I do this song. I mean, I was stationed an hour away from Tokyo for three years and this look that Avril is imitating is a thing kids do on the goddamn weekend because they wear uniforms to school the rest of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello Kitty   Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:49 pm

It's like something out of Mills College Anime Club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Kitty   

Back to top Go down

Hello Kitty
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1