Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies

Go down 
+10
Summercorn
PendragonGirl
TheHedonist
Reidmar
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
the asylum
KelinciHutan
Knorg
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies Empty
PostSubject: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 7:31 am

...did it just get 1777 in here? scratch 
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:27 am

As an American citizen, I am very sorry for our president. He embarrasses me. At the very least, he doesn't have to be so rude about his decisions about Syria. I didn't vote for him, but I'm still embarrassed. This isn't the first time he's been really rude to Britain, either, and it's baffled me every time. Clinton and Carter and FDR were all BFFs with the UK. What gives?

As to Syria itself, I have no idea whether getting involved is the right move or not. I do think Congress should be involved in making that call, though. At least in the sense of being asked for an opinion, even if they don't have actual authority in the decision.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:33 am

america starting another war

how unsurprising
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 am

Violence is as American as apple pie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:07 pm

the asylum wrote:
america starting another war

how unsurprising
Yes, Syria was such a peaceful nation before we considered intervening.

Regardless, intervention is asinine. From my understanding, the rebels are half Al Qaeda anyway. If one group of people who want to kill us is shooting up another group of people who want to kill us, why the hell would we stop them? At least with Iraq and Afghanistan, they tried to make a case that invading was in our best interests as a nation. There is no case for that in Syria, there was hardly a case for that in Libya.

John Kerry tried to make the case that we'd look silly if we don't do something about the chemical attacks (which we have no idea, that they're telling us about, anyway, who actually perpetrated) after Obama shot his stupid fucking mouth off about them being a Red Line.

Our only interests in relation to either Syria or Egypt are Israel and the Suez Canal. Keep an eye on both of them, keep the military presence we have in the region in any event there, and if either of them so much as look sideways at either Israel or the Suez Canal, make the rubble bounce and leave. But as long as our enemies are simply shooting each other, don't fucking waste money and manpower stopping them.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:29 pm

We don't give a shit about the Suez Canal. Europe does, though... although it's become less important for them in recent years.

And whoever controls it in Egypt is going to make damn sure they keep it open. First, for the money. Second, because if they try to close it they will be taken out by a domestic group who wants that money and will reopen it. We don't need the oil from that region; Libya was mostly about making sure our European allies could keep getting it.

Really, the only reason we have to care about the region is Israel because if we don't baby Jesus will fling a shitty diaper at the US or something.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Penguin wrote:
We don't give a shit about the Suez Canal. Europe does, though... although it's become less important for them in recent years.

And whoever controls it in Egypt is going to make damn sure they keep it open. First, for the money. Second, because if they try to close it they will be taken out by a domestic group who wants that money and will reopen it. We don't need the oil from that region; Libya was mostly about making sure our European allies could keep getting it.

Really, the only reason we have to care about the region is Israel because if we don't baby Jesus will fling a shitty diaper at the US or something.
Pretty much this, The U.S honestly, I don't think we even need to give two fucks about Israel, cause, what the fuck do they have there that we need?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 11:40 pm

Reidmar wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Pretty much this, The U.S honestly, I don't think we even need to give two fucks about Israel, cause, what the fuck do they have there that we need?
Something else to keep the terrorist's attention?

Like a scratching post so your cat doesn't destroy the couch. Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies 588739 
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:09 am

I'll just leave this here.
Back to top Go down
PendragonGirl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
PendragonGirl

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:59 am

The Borowitz Report is satire, tho?
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 7:24 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
As an American citizen, I am very sorry for our president. He embarrasses me. At the very least, he doesn't have to be so rude about his decisions about Syria. I didn't vote for him, but I'm still embarrassed. This isn't the first time he's been really rude to Britain, either, and it's baffled me every time. Clinton and Carter and FDR were all BFFs with the UK. What gives?
From Wiki, about Obama's dad. wrote:

Before working as a cook for missionaries and local herbalist in Nairobi, Barack Obama's father Onyango had traveled widely, enlisting in the British colonial forces and visiting Europe, India, and Zanzibar. There, Onyango converted from Roman Catholicism to Islam and took the name Hussein. In 1949, after becoming more politically active, Onyango was jailed by the British for six months due to his working for the Kenyan independence movement. According to Sarah Onyango Obama, her husband Hussein Onyango was subjected to beatings and abuse; it resulted in permanent physical disabilities and his loathing of the British.."
We have a lot of dreadful, shameful things in our Colonial past. Let's face it, if your dad was arrested, beaten and abused, you'd have an inbuilt dislike too, however you tried to hide it.

But it's just America being America, on the whole. When we went to war at the US' bidding and the French wouldn't, we were the Special Relationship, and French fries had to be Freedom fries. Now it's the French who wanna go warparty, and the British Parliament who said no, so we're cowards and it's the French who are 'America's oldest ally.'
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 9:35 am

Summercorn wrote:
When we went to war at the US' bidding
I suppose you had to find some way to cast yourself as the victim here.
Back to top Go down
PendragonGirl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
PendragonGirl

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:06 am

America is the biggest bully in the international playground. And honestly? If Obama embarasses you then Dubya must make you want to crawl into a hole and never show your face again.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 am

PendragonGirl wrote:
America is the biggest bully in the international playground.
Can't really think of a country better qualified for the role. Razz 

Quote :
And honestly?  If Obama embarasses you then Dubya must make you want to crawl into a hole and never show your face again.
Obama just drove home how gullible people are for campaign promises. Can you believe people actually thought he'd end the wars* and close the prison at Gitmo?

*Oh sure, OIF ended during his first term... exactly on Dubya's timetable.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 11:59 am

I think this is just talk. Obama is just putting on a strong voice for the press. If the USA really does fall out with us over this, despite the many times we have supported them in their illegal wars in the face of mass opposition from the rest of the world, then we should probably think more carefully about who our allies really are.

I personally don't think the USA are our friends anymore. I think we just like to believe that there's a "special relationship" because it makes us look cooler if we hang with the big boys, but that friendship seems to go one way only. We're like the kid who sucks up to the popular kid at school, and does whatever he asks, while the popular kid secretly mocks him behind his back and doesn't even acknowledge their friendship in public.

Perhaps this is the first step in getting rid of that embarrassing "51st State" label that we seem to have earned in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Cunovendus wrote:
I think this is just talk. Obama is just putting on a strong voice for the press.
You haven't been paying attention lately, have you? We've formed a nice little circle around Syria with Russia and NATO all holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

Quote :
If the USA really does fall out with us over this, despite the many times we have supported them in their illegal wars in the face of mass opposition from the rest of the world, then we should probably think more carefully about who our allies really are.
Well, we've just established you don't have a clue about international law or war.

Quote :
I personally don't think the USA are our friends anymore.
We're not. We never were. We're allies. Close allies on good terms, but not friends. Nations don't have friends.

Quote :
I think we just like to believe that there's a "special relationship" because it makes us look cooler if we hang with the big boys, but that friendship seems to go one way only.
Odyssey Dawn. You're fucking welcome.

Quote :
We're like the kid who sucks up to the popular kid at school, and does whatever he asks, while the popular kid secretly mocks him behind his back and doesn't even acknowledge their friendship in public.
"Oh woe is us. We went along with the unpopular bully and now everyone hates us like they hate him. Oh woe is us, nobody respects us because we're a shameless groupie for the popular kid."

You can't have your angst both ways.

Quote :
Perhaps this is the first step in getting rid of that embarrassing "51st State" label that we seem to have earned in recent years.
Canada will never let you take that from them. Colbert 
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Cunovendus wrote:
I think this is just talk. Obama is just putting on a strong voice for the press. If the USA really does fall out with us over this, despite the many times we have supported them in their illegal wars in the face of mass opposition from the rest of the world, then we should probably think more carefully about who our allies really are.

I personally don't think the USA are our friends anymore. I think we just like to believe that there's a "special relationship" because it makes us look cooler if we hang with the big boys, but that friendship seems to go one way only. We're like the kid who sucks up to the popular kid at school, and does whatever he asks, while the popular kid secretly mocks him behind his back and doesn't even acknowledge their friendship in public.

Is this what Obama meant when he said he'd win back the respect of the international community?

At least with Bush, our "friends" couldn't stand us and our enemies feared us. With this fucking idiot, our "friends" like us even less, and our enemies are laughing at us.

He's fucked up so bad even the Canadians, those perpetually good natured motherfuckers, are annoyed with us.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Cunovendus wrote:
I think we just like to believe that there's a "special relationship" because it makes us look cooler if we hang with the big boys, but that friendship seems to go one way only. We're like the kid who sucks up to the popular kid at school, and does whatever he asks, while the popular kid secretly mocks him behind his back and doesn't even acknowledge their friendship in public.
no no no

england wants to return to the days when america looked up to him and followed him everywhere like a devoted little brother

a devoted little brother who was strong enough to swing a buffalo around by its tail and liked england more than france

and yummed up his lousy cooking and asked for more

don't you read offensive japanese webcomics
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:
I think we just like to believe that there's a "special relationship" because it makes us look cooler if we hang with the big boys, but that friendship seems to go one way only. We're like the kid who sucks up to the popular kid at school, and does whatever he asks, while the popular kid secretly mocks him behind his back and doesn't even acknowledge their friendship in public.
no no no

england wants to return to the days when america looked up to him and followed him everywhere like a devoted little brother

a devoted little brother who was strong enough to swing a buffalo around by its tail and liked england more than france

I don't, but I think I'd like to. Excitedplz 
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 12:59 am

I, uh, meant to type 1778.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 4:49 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:
no no no

I wonder what time period that's supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Penguin wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Cunovendus wrote:
no no no

I wonder what time period that's supposed to be.
Fictional Pre World War II era aka Axis Powers Hentalia. Goddamn Weeaboo faggots. though I will admit there are some decently written Belarus/Russia fanficts out there. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:42 am

My favorite part about America is all of the money fucking.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 9:45 am

It's when America wraps a $1,000,000,000 dollar bill around Florida and just starts jerking it.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies   Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies Empty

Back to top Go down

Syria: America declares Brits to be worthless, French to be staunchest brave allies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next