Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zoo drawings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

Zoo drawings Empty
PostSubject: Zoo drawings   Zoo drawings EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:27 am

So, I'm intending on making weekly zoo visits to work on a portfolio. I've been drawing animals for a while, but I have only recently been working on productively drawing animals (as in I'm more keen on capturing the basic shapes to create a form and then add the details... they move so quickly sometimes) Each drawing took anywhere from 30-60 seconds, so they're a little rough.

Elephants!! They were a lot of fun, but I should've drawn them in thumbnails so they weren't taking up a bunch of space on the page. But oh man! To watch them walk and put massive amounts of weight on each foot as they slowly waddle away.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Otters!! I used to own one for a pet in Arkansas, so I've been drawing them my whole life. I've finally been able to go out and actually observe and draw them (instead of pulling it from memory)

The muskox was by far the most fun to draw even though I only managed to get a couple of those in before they disappeared behind a hill... The red wolves were also a challenge since I couldn't really see them as they were laying in tall grass... and turned away from me most of the time. They must've known I was drawing them!

Lately, I've been trying to draw animals to capture movement and weight... I have a long way to go though. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

Zoo drawings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zoo drawings   Zoo drawings EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 11:50 am

I've said it to you already but these sketches are head and shoulders over any realistic animal sketches you've done, it's a huge improvement
Back to top Go down

Zoo drawings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-
Jump to: