Why God, Why?

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gay-sex is no longer illegal in Montana!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Gay-sex is no longer illegal in Montana!   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I remember when the 1-man-1-woman amendment was put into our state constitution. I was mortified, depressed, and pissed. I was 4 months from being able to vote, a bisexual teen in the closet, and helpless to stop it. I was being told by the government of my own state that I am a second class citizen - that only some of my future relationships could be counted as real in the eyes of the law. Worse yet - the amendment was passed by a popular vote, so I was being told that the people around me were the ones who thought so little of me.

Quote :
HELENA - Engaging in homosexual acts is officially no longer a crime in Montana.

The Capitol rotunda was packed with people Thursday for the signing of Senate Bill 107, which strikes language from Montana code which says that people who engage in homosexual acts have committed a felony and can be punished with 10 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

The bill was hailed by civil rights activists, lawmakers, and gay couples as historic. They say that words matter, and it sends a message to gays all over Montana that they are not criminals, but instead people with rights.
Finally Montana, we're on the right track! It's amazing how much can change is such a short amount of time. I can vote now; I'm out of the closet, and I'm married to the genderqueer love of my life (only because they're legally male, but you take what you can get). Perhaps, by 2016, we will be able, by popular vote, to get rid of that ridiculous amendment.

Oh, and my favorite quote from it:
Quote :
"So through all this struggle we have said, 'Not tonight, dear, it's a felony.' Well now we are going to say, 'Tonight, dear, it's not a felony!" Linda Gryczan, a civil rights activist, said.

Thanks Montana, I really needed some good news!
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Gay-sex is no longer illegal in Montana!   Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Gay-sex is no longer illegal in Montana!   Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 pm

Aggie wrote:
Excitedplz
Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay-sex is no longer illegal in Montana!   

Back to top Go down

Gay-sex is no longer illegal in Montana!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1