Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line

Go down 
+17
grmblfjx
KJM
Penguin
lemmingwriter
Aggie
WD40
Mr.Doobie
spork
Summercorn
Kakashifan727
I_Lam_Edhellen
EileenK98
Mikey Go WOOGA
Cunovendus
rachel
bleachedblackcat
TheIan
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line Empty
PostSubject: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Who saw this coming?

Quote :
Two explosions described by race organizers as bombs went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday as runners completed the course and thousands cheered them on. At least two people were killed and 23 injured, police said.

Quote :
A third, undetonated device was found near the finish line, a House Homeland Security Committee official and three law enforcement officials told NBC News.

The injury count from area hospitals exceeded that initially given by the police. Massachusetts General Hospital said that it had 19 patients, and Tufts Medical Center said it had nine. Jackie Bruno, a reporter for New England Cable News, said on Twitter that she saw people’s legs blown off.

THIS JUST HAPPENED

Who the fuck planned this, what were they thinking, and fucking why?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Anti-American, anti-somereligion, anti-running, or just anti-people crazy nut who happened to have the idea to hurt others.

I thought it was a gas leak at first, then they found the other bomb. But you what's going to happen? People are going to find a way to put guns/abortion/rape/whatever into it and forget the REAL people that got hurt.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:33 pm

I live in Seoul. Kim Jong Un raves about being ready and willing to turn it into a sea of fire at any moment, and I still feel safer here than when I go to the USA.

bleachedblackcat wrote:
Anti-American, anti-somereligion, anti-running, or just anti-people crazy nut who happened to have the idea to hurt others.
Don't forget anti-tax or anti-government. It happened on Patriots' Day, and it's also Tax Day. There's no shortage of suspects here. (Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be some Tim McVeigh-type crazies.)

By the way, I read a comment to one of the news stories by someone purporting to be a witness, and he said that the cops had been running bomb-sniffing dogs through the area before the explosions. If true, it could have been only a precaution, but there might have been a tip-off. I hope whoever did this will be rounded up double-quick.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:38 pm

I've just heard about this. I'll never understand the mindset behind people who are willing to kill indiscriminantly to get what they want.

Apparently they found ball bearings at the scene, so that sounds like a deliberate attempt to kill or maim as many people as possible.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:

IT WAS /FIT/!!! THEY ALWAYS SAID CARDIO WOULD KILL YOUR GAINS, NOW THEY'RE MAKING IT A REALITY

rachel wrote:
I live in Seoul. Kim Jong Un raves about being ready and willing to turn it into a sea of fire at any moment, and I still feel safer here than when I go to the USA.

This is because you are an irredeemable fucking idiot. If you feel so goddamn safe, stay over they, annoy them, and keep you unbridled stupidity out of America. People like you are a burden.

rachel wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

Don't forget anti-tax or anti-government. It happened on Patriots' Day, and it's also Tax Day. There's no shortage of suspects here. (Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be some Tim McVeigh-type crazies.)

I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the case, but it seems unlikely. I base this on the observation that the VAST majority of terrorism in this country has been either some religious group or another, rioting Occupiers, or rioting Lakers fans. McVeigh is the only terrorist attack I can't think of in this country that was essentially an anarchist.

Plus, if one was anti-government, one would think they'd bomb something governmental. Anti-capitalists would probably go after a bank or the Stock Exchange or something like that.

This is either an anti-American attack, or a bugshit insane attack. Hard to tell.

Cunovendus wrote:
I've just heard about this. I'll never understand the mindset behind people who are willing to kill indiscriminantly to get what they want.

Apparently they found ball bearings at the scene, so that sounds like a deliberate attempt to kill or maim as many people as possible.

What other reason would someone set bombs to go off in a crowded area? What do you think this person is thinking now? "Whoops, my fireworks display went horribly, HORRIBLY wrong..."

Anyway, I'm sick of idiots trying to compare this to 9/11. We have a little over 100 injured (almost as much that a full NFL season causes), and 2 dead. This makes it 9/11 just a little bit less than 1500 times more deadly than this. Let this be a lesson to BAWWWston. No matter what you do, New York will always do it bigger and better.

Also, they expanded the perimeter around the White House. They call it an "abundance of caution," it's really more a shortage of common sense. Anyone who is stupid enough to attack some location and the White House in the same day, but do the White House second, is probably too stupid to make anything work. Also, don't they have snipers on top of the White House? If anyone tries to rush the White House, the snipers will take care of it. If anyone had already planted a bomb, expanding the perimeter would do exactly nothing.

Furthermore, the FAA had flight restrictions. For what reason, I don't know. There is apparently zero evidence planes were involved in any way, shape, or form. There is a difference between being careful while using your brain, and shitting your pants.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Whoever the bomber was, they deserve consecutive life sentences in prison.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm

No, nowhere near as big or as destructive as 9/11, but lives were lost, just the same, including a child's life. The feelings are similar: shock, sadness, anger at the bomber(s), fear for loved ones, fears for your and others' safety, anxiety for the future. These streets will never be the same again. This time of year will never be the same again.

Somebody please give me a hug. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:45 pm

You close to Montana? I could use one too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

*hugs every1*

Just found out about this shit. WTF man? Who would do this? Hope we can get em.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm

From the BBC

Quote :
State police officer Roupen Bastajian had just finished the race when he heard the blasts.

"I started running toward the blast and there were people all over the floor," he said.

"We started grabbing tourniquets and started tying legs. At least 25 to 30 people have at least one leg missing, or an ankle missing, or two legs missing."

Damn, how dreadful. More lives ripped apart by people, whoever they are, whose cowardice rings around the world.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:15 am

What makes me feel particularly bad is that whoever did it probably just did it to get attention and succeeded. I'd almost think it's better not to bring something like this in the news, just to deny the bastards what they want.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:31 am

EileenK98 wrote:
No, nowhere near as big or as destructive as 9/11, but lives were lost, just the same, including a child's life. The feelings are similar: shock, sadness, anger at the bomber(s), fear for loved ones, fears for your and others' safety, anxiety for the future. These streets will never be the same again. This time of year will never be the same again.

Somebody please give me a hug. Crying or Very sad

Yes, this must be SO difficult for you. What with you being completely uninjured. We should all give you attention and asspats.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 am

Quote :
This is either an anti-American attack, or a bugshit insane attack. Hard to tell.

But if it was anti-American wouldn't they attack a landmark or something?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:35 am

Of course, it's important at a time like this to wait for detailed information rather then speculate, finger-point and...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh, never mind. Carry on then.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:44 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :

The BAWWWston Marathon, in addition to being absolutely retarded, is apparently a landmark sporting event. It gets plenty of media coverage, and apparently has mediocre security. Which is understandable, as far as I know anyone can walk up to it and watch. There are no metal detectors or anything on a 26 mile track. Actual landmarks have better security, I believe. As does any contest played in a stadium or something. Even golf events, such as the Masters, have pretty solid security at the door, and often have plenty of fencing around the boundaries so that people HAVE to walk through the gate, though it's probably more for ticket sales than anything.

They probably COULD attack a big name landmark, but it'd likely have to be a suicide bombing.

WD40 wrote:
Of course, it's important at a time like this to wait for detailed information rather then speculate, finger-point and...

Oh, never mind. Carry on then.

It REALLY sounds like he's joking, what this that over the top crap about ankles grabs and arresting Saudis.

Also, shame on your for stereotyping! Not all Saudis are Muslim. Just all of the ones that aren't in jail for Apostasy. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 2:18 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

What other reason would someone set bombs to go off in a crowded area? What do you think this person is thinking now? "Whoops, my fireworks display went horribly, HORRIBLY wrong..."

It could have simply been a shock attack, designed mainly to create fear. Adding shrapnel suggests that it was designed to maximise casualties.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:15 am

Just a warning for anyone who is even remotely squeamish around the sight of blood: there are pictures (one in particular) that rather gruesomely and graphically depict the aftermath of the bombing, one even going so far as to show a man in a wheelchair with most of his lower leg just . . . gone.

Do not google for images of this event if the sight of blood disturbs you.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:39 am

In the only bit of good news so far, the fire at the John F. Kennedy library appears to have been unrelated to the bombings.

Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 am

Of course.

Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:33 am

Fuck the Westboro Baptist Church.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 am

I was just about to post how my friendly atheist friends were posting on facebook that people praying all suck and need to get off their asses to help (since college kids on the west coast have soooo much stuff they can help with)

Yay, we already are starting the religion wank. When are guns going to come in?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:43 am

Kakashifan727 wrote:
Who would do this? Hope we can get em.

Join the club. When they finally do nail the perp, I'd like to see him sent to the Supermax federal pen in Colorado.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:54 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I was just about to post how my friendly atheist friends were posting on facebook that people praying all suck and need to get off their asses to help (since college kids on the west coast have soooo much stuff they can help with)

Yay, we already are starting the religion wank. When are guns going to come in?
They were already there.
Horrified parents from Newtown were present during the bombings at the Boston Marathon—a race that was dedicated to the 26 victims of Sandy Hook elementary school.
Quote :
Tragedy at the Boston Marathon on Monday was made crueler by the fact that the race was intended to be a symbol of hope, resilience, and strength for the victims and families of Sandy Hook Elementary School...
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
rachel wrote:
bleachedblackcat wrote:

I suppose I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the case, but it seems unlikely. I base this on the observation that the VAST majority of terrorism in this country has been either some religious group or another, rioting Occupiers, or rioting Lakers fans. McVeigh is the only terrorist attack I can't think of in this country that was essentially an anarchist.

Plus, if one was anti-government, one would think they'd bomb something governmental. Anti-capitalists would probably go after a bank or the Stock Exchange or something like that.

Yeah, at first I was thinking Sovereign Citizens movement because of the tax day connection, but they don't tend to go big, and they do tend to be very pointed about their actions. It could be religious, but so far I'm leaning toward random batshit because they're saying that the bombs were kind of crude but rather powerful. But at this point, it's all idle speculation.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :

The BAWWWston Marathon, in addition to being absolutely retarded, is apparently a landmark sporting event. It gets plenty of media coverage, and apparently has mediocre security. Which is understandable, as far as I know anyone can walk up to it and watch. There are no metal detectors or anything on a 26 mile track. Actual landmarks have better security, I believe. As does any contest played in a stadium or something. Even golf events, such as the Masters, have pretty solid security at the door, and often have plenty of fencing around the boundaries so that people HAVE to walk through the gate, though it's probably more for ticket sales than anything.

Exactly--it likely was just an easier target than anything else. In terms of landmarks, it depends, I think, but yeah, you're right--the security for a marathon through a city is obviously going to be different than for something contained in a stadium, although I anticipate that changing significantly in the near future.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:43 pm

WD40 wrote:
Of course.

I hope they're run out of the city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line   Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line Empty

Back to top Go down

Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next