Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

Go down 
+41
Happyhooligan2001
Nin
Ghost in the Machine
Jay/Cris
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Hawaiian Shirt
Arcadia Rose
Maximilia
Dixie
ViewSonic
Nihilist
Lurv
Aggie
Summercorn
Sunatic
Lady Anne
EileenK98
John Marston
grmblfjx
spork
Mikey Go WOOGA
TheHedonist
TheIan
Cyberwulf
Kakashifan727
Reepicheep-chan
Malganis
WD40
oracle
theweirdkind
Reidmar
SirDixonDongs
Penguin
rae
lemmingwriter
the asylum
Chris91
I_Lam_Edhellen
Disco Stu
bleachedblackcat
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:17 pm

I decided to give up chocolate for Lent.

The day before Valentine's Day.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 7:21 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
I decided to give up chocolate for Lent.

The day before Valentine's Day.

If you're sorry, Jesus will forgive you. Colbert

Also, fuck Jesus. Do you listen to every hobo carpenter that walks by?

Jesus can't even play rugby, because he's only got twelve friends.
And he's stuck behind a boulder,
And he's got holes in his hands,
And he has illegal headgear,
And he has illegal footwear,
And his dad would fix the games,
And because the motherfucker's dead,
And because that homo wears a dress

And Mary can't play rugby because she has never touched a ball. The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 588739
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:09 pm

Motorbike broke down.

So, that pretty much fucks every facet of my life, from attending my training sessions, to getting to where I volunteer, to making job interviews and visiting my friends.

It'll be at least four weeks before I can even think about getting the thing to a garage, and even then I've got no idea how much repairs will cost.

I'm fucked in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 pm

So earlier this week I initiated an investigation with my workplace's HR department about sexual harassment and the creation of a hostile work environment. I wrote six pages detailing incidents that happened to me, and went so far as to mention things I have done that regret, including participating in harassment exercises. I'm scared, although trying not to be, and possibly after this is done I'm going to be unfriending most of my coworkers from Facebook.

I just hope throughout this whole thing that I don't get fired, although if I do that's okay, I think I'll manage.

But at the same time, making jokes about raping me aren't okay. Showing me pictures of "girls you think are sexy" isn't okay. CONSTANTLY asking me if I'm a girl or the bottom in a relationship? I don't give a fuck if you think I'm gay but shut the fuck up! I've been trying to not let it get to me/tell you to PLEASE STOP for like, MONTHS

So I was advised not to talk to anyone and if anyone retaliates to immediately call the HR director, but I don't know what counts as retaliation. A coworker or two or three unfriending me? Whatever. I don't know what it's going to constitute and this is new uncharted territory and I hope this is settled soon.

Last edited by Disco Stu on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 pm

That said, I'm expecting, in this investigation, to get a ton of shit thrown in my direction from certain people and I'm worried. Probably baseless, but still, worried.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Ughhhh. Good luck, dude. :/
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 12:28 am

Good luck, Stu. Ask HR to spell out what they mean by retaliation, but I think it's along the lines of hours cut, punitive tasks, threats, groundless disciplinary actions, etc. But again, double-check with them. And I'm pretty sure they can't fire you for lodging a complaint (definitely a retaliatory action), but I'm not an HR person.

I am, however, on the verge of starting a hostile work environment case at my side job against one of the dean's admins. I have promised my boss I wouldn't do anything, wouldn't lodge a complaint, without telling her first. But if this sack of crap keeps up his campaign of nasty emails about me to other people (including running me down to one of my coworkers, strongly implying I'm a scam artist), I will have HR up his ass so fast he'll be vomiting bureaucrats for a month.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 pm

I'm being an ass to a (soon to be former? Dunno.) friend because they said some jerky things about me months ago and I've been angry about it ever since. I have a feeling like I should apologize for what I've done to piss them off, because I did it even after they'd told me that they didn't like me doing said thing, but I just can't bring myself to do that because what they're angry over seems so picayune to me, and I feel awkward and a bad person.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 am

Hey Mal, sup? Where have you been all winter?
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Everyone in this thread is in need of hugs. *Hugs everyone*

Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Kakashifan727 wrote:
Everyone in this thread is in need of hugs. *Hugs everyone*

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 777742
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Hey Mal, sup? Where have you been all winter?

Hibernating after eating twice her weight in salmon, I'd wager.

You know, because she's fat.

PS: WTF does "picayune" mean? This is fucking American and I'd appreciate it if you kept your goddamn Mexican in Mexico.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:59 am

I miss him horribly today. The "if I think about it long enough to even form that sentence, I'll be in tears" kind. How can two people want the same thing and still have to admit defeat? That shouldn't be allowed.

Excuse me, I have to go lock myself in the bathroom.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:03 pm

In its endless quest to suck money away from taxpayers and use it to shore up the robbing fucking banks that got us all in this mess, the govt. wants public sector workers on 35-hour weeks to work 37 hours a week for the same pay we're receiving now.

It occurred to me at lunchtime today that the reason they're doing this is so they can turn around in three years' time and put us all back on a 35-hour week, and dock our pay accordingly.

Meanwhile we pay 166 chucklefucks hundreds of thousands of euro to spend 275 days a year sitting at home in their constituencies doing favours for fellas so they can get re-elected. And however much money so that members of the Seanad can spend the day debating the price of strawberries.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
In its endless quest to suck money away from taxpayers and use it to shore up the robbing fucking banks that got us all in this mess, the govt. wants public sector workers on 35-hour weeks to work 37 hours a week for the same pay we're receiving now.

It occurred to me at lunchtime today that the reason they're doing this is so they can turn around in three years' time and put us all back on a 35-hour week, and dock our pay accordingly.

Meanwhile we pay 166 chucklefucks hundreds of thousands of euro to spend 275 days a year sitting at home in their constituencies doing favours for fellas so they can get re-elected. And however much money so that members of the Seanad can spend the day debating the price of strawberries.

>Broke entity enacts cost cutting measures
>Bitch endlessly

This has been A Day in the Life of a Liberal.

Note that Mikey does not condone the government propping up banks that made a long series of horrible decisions to lend LOTS AND LOTS of money to illiterate, broke fools who should never have been counted on to be able to pay it back. Just make sure those who have money in the bank can get their money back (like the FDIC), and let the dipshit management burn.

Also note that Mikey approves of the routine short term loans to cover temporary cash shortages that occur in the regular operation of a bank in the system of fractional reserve banking. This is significantly different from bailing out institutions facing a serious liquidity crisis.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Note that Mikey does not condone the government propping up banks that made a long series of horrible decisions to lend LOTS AND LOTS of money to illiterate, broke fools who should never have been counted on to be able to pay it back. Just make sure those who have money in the bank can get their money back (like the FDIC), and let the dipshit management burn.

Also note that Mikey approves of the routine short term loans to cover temporary cash shortages that occur in the regular operation of a bank in the system of fractional reserve banking. This is significantly different from bailing out institutions facing a serious liquidity crisis.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 pm

I just had to call the PD in another state, because someone I follow on tumblr outright said they were committing suicide right now. Thank fuck I had their address from months ago.

e: what the fuck is up with this month? It's like DEPRESSION. DEPRESSION EVERYWHERE.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Seasonal affective? I got it. Pretty bad. Several people I know got it, too.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:09 pm

And me, I'm depressed-but-manageable most of the time, except for the fact that I cannot catch a fucking break lately, which, along with medical issues, has run me into the ground.

Yep, a shitty day of teaching happens. A shitty day of teaching after a string of shitty days in general happens to turn into sobbing misery in my department chair's office, with said chair suggesting that maybe I'm a liiiittle overwhelmed and could possibly need a break.

But hell, depressed grad student. Next we'll find out that water is wet. At least where my department is concerned, anyway.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 am

I don't think it's just Seasonal Affective Disorder, because that usually doesn't bother me. Yet, last night I was a broken shell of a human for about 12 hours before I picked myself up and got moving. Like, literally almost everyone I know is having serious issues in the last week, mostly concentrated within the last three days... waitaminute. Wasn't it a full moon?

e: yes. Yes, it fucking was. >_<
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:07 am

rae wrote:
e: what the fuck is up with this month? It's like DEPRESSION. DEPRESSION EVERYWHERE.

Mr.Doobie wrote:

Apparently it's the darkest winter (as in, the least amount of sunshine) in 47 years. Over here, anyway, but I'll bet it's not exactly springtime over there either... anyway, yeah, vitamin D deficiency and all that. Anyone who is the slightest bit susceptible to seasonal affective disorder is going to feel it, this year. I know I am.
Take care of yourselves, y'all.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:03 am

Lucky me, I seemed to have gotten that shit over with early this season. Which makes no fucking sense what with the vit D loss being like cumulative or whatever, but there are other reasons that Oct-Dec fuck me up I guess. Everything after that is uphill!

Srsly though, the thing that wigs me out about SAD is that it never used to be a thing for me and it only started up a few years ago and has gotten just a bit worse every winter. It is, like, wtf is this shit? I used to be a huge sun-dodger and now it is, like, sun sun sun eatin outside in the rain because at least there is some sun!

I got one of those mood light things for X-Mas but I am not sure if it works or not. Like I said, Oct and Dec being worse than Jan and Feb is typical for me so I might be feeling ok right now for unrelated reasons.

But, yeah, what grumbles said, everybody please take care of yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Good thing I don't have S.A.D, god what a pathetic name for a disorder, no offense to those who have it, I suppose it sucks you all are cravin for some sun with all this snow in the mid-west (hello iowa cold air).
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
rae wrote:

Mr.Doobie wrote:

Apparently it's the darkest winter (as in, the least amount of sunshine) in 47 years. Over here, anyway, but I'll bet it's not exactly springtime over there either... anyway, yeah, vitamin D deficiency and all that. Anyone who is the slightest bit susceptible to seasonal affective disorder is going to feel it, this year. I know I am.
Take care of yourselves, y'all.

The more I read (>Implying I read), the more I realize milk is the solution to all of life's problems.

GOMAD Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next