Share | 

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 am

So, found out today that a good friend of mine, someone I've known since high school, passed away in his sleep on Saturday, two days short of him turning 30. From what, I don't know.

It's a little hard to wrap my mind around it.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:26 am

lemmingwriter wrote:
So, found out today that a good friend of mine, someone I've known since high school, passed away in his sleep on Saturday, two days short of him turning 30. From what, I don't know.

It's a little hard to wrap my mind around it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:38 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Malganis wrote:
You know that expression "Peep not at a keyhole, lest you be vexed"?

Yeah, that's really true.

Details, please.

Ex-boyfriend's girlfriend talking shit about me on her tumblr. :/

Is distressing for a multitude of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Arcadia Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:07 am

I now have seizures due to migranes, but it's just nausea & the smell of either burning platic or wet ashes to choose from, rather than grand mal.

They're also checking to see if my thyroid is out of whack, but I'm too lazy/paranoid/scared to go for bloodwork, but I'm going to do it this coming week (I'm all out of excuses).
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:36 pm

I have an infection in my good eye. Had to go to ER for it, waiting like 7 hours just for an eyedoctor to check on it. Seems fine now, though it is sticky...and I guess I freaked out my family for nothing. I feel bad.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Kakashifan727 wrote:
I have an infection in my good eye. Had to go to ER for it, waiting like 7 hours just for an eyedoctor to check on it. Seems fine now, though it is sticky...and I guess I freaked out my family for nothing. I feel bad.

Hey, the ER is for threats to life, limb and eyesight. You did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:03 am

Malganis wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Malganis wrote:

Details, please.

Like... what the hell is your RL doing on tumblr?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Layla
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:14 am

Took some melatonin to help me sleep. Turns out I took too much and was wide awake for 3 straight days.

Shocked 

Yeah, that was fun......

Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:41 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
Malganis wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Malganis wrote:

Details, please.

Like... what the hell is your RL doing on tumblr?

He and I are no longer friends and no longer in contact, but since he was the one who decided that, I wrote a short note to him to ask him why, at least, he had decided he disliked me so much. I go on his girlfriend's tumblr a couple of months after that, after no response from him, and there she was talking crap about me on the exact day I'd asked him why. No names were named but it was obvious she was referring to me, as she referenced an incident that had happened between me and my ex YEARS ago, way before she entered the picture, and opined that I'm a horrible, "awful, shitty person" because I have/had a Nazi uniform fetish (actually "Nazi uniform fetish" was more like "I like this particular German actor and damn does he look fine dressed up in Der Untergang" combined with "mild D/s thing"). How that's any of her fucking business, I have no idea.

She basically hates me because I told her bf in a private convo that I thought some of her friends were awful people. Well, when you have a friend who says to someone who's white that you hope something horrible happens to her grandfather because he happens to be a white Buddhist (google "Crackerhell white buddhist" for proof on that), or you have a friend who drives home drunk, brags about it on their tumblr, and then screams about "sober driving privilege" when someone harshly calls them out on driving drunk (genderbitch), yeah, I think your friends are pretty horrible people. That says nothing about what I think about YOU, but, she pretty much showed her true colors with what she did on tumblr.

At this point I hope I never speak to him again until he shapes the fuck up and apologizes. They both can leave me right the fuck off their damn tumblrs, too. The sad thing is that I still miss the person I used to know and care about, and who I believe at one point cared about me. But I'm also really angry and frankly I think my own self-respect is what matters here at this point.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:14 am

Seven pages of a brand new story I was working on just up and vanishes on me! Like it didn't exist! And I can't rewrite the whole thing, because it wouldn't sound as good as it did originally!

FUCK!
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 am

Hmm...try backing up the computer from a certain date? When did you lose it? Ouch, I feel you...that must suck. :C
Back to top Go down
Layla
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon May 05, 2014 8:35 am

Majorly fucked up at work and just got reamed out by my boss. The delightful cherry on top of my Monday. I deserved it, but it still isn't pleasant. pale No 
Back to top Go down
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon May 05, 2014 5:44 pm

FUCKING SOCKS WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon May 05, 2014 7:27 pm

TheIan wrote:
FUCKING SOCKS WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Layla
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:15 am

Woke up at 5:30am with a throbbing headache then couldn't go back to sleep. My life sucks.    Upset
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:47 pm

So my new job (I'm officially a transformer processing technician, haven't actually processed a transformer in months) has zero parking lot. Well actually it does, but it's full of old transformers, crates of light tubes, and drums of god-knows-what. Since I started roughly a year ago, I've been having to get out of the house at 6ish, snag a spot on the street nearby, and nap in my car for an hour or so until I start at 8.

Its either that or having to walk really far
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:09 pm

^
Get Optimus Prime to move his ass so you can park.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:54 am

Today I ran our lawnmower over its own cable. There was a bang, sparks, and me standing there thinking 'Well, shit'. I looked and the able ad been severed fully in two places.

Now if I knew a goddamn thing about mechanics, I bet that would be fixable because it was just the cable. But I don't trust myself with that kind of thing.

So I had to go out and by a new mower right there. Even though there's almost nothing wrong with the old one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:59 pm

There's...there's places you can take lawnmowers to get them fixed.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:05 am

^
That's what you think is stupid about that?

A lawnmower on a cord doesn't seem the least bit retarded to you?
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:23 am

I woke up early, got to work only to realize I was off today! Now to go back to sleep....
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:35 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
That's what you think is stupid about that?

A lawnmower on a cord doesn't seem the least bit retarded to you?
...Electric lawnmowers are a thing. My 96 year old grandfather is able to use one without nearly electrocuting himself. The lawnmower isn't the stupid part of this story.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:34 pm

^
I would understand an electric lawnmower that charged a battery when not in use via a cord. Having a cord lying on the ground as a main feature of a machine designed to cut things on the ground is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:23 pm

The cable that is on the lawn while I go up and down the lawn. The lawn that requires the extension cord. Which is, what, thirty feet long? While I was going up and down the lawn. No, I don't have a shorter extension cable.

I'm not stupid. That's how the lawnmower was MADE. It doesn't have any kind of charger, and it's not a petrol lawnmower. Thus I have about fifty feet of cable trailing around with me while I cut the damn grass. I was always having to remember to flick the cable out of the way and I still have to.

A part of me always suspected that would be what happened to force the purchase of a new mower.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:33 am

yeah Harls actually you were stupid and here's how

1) you weren't paying attention to where the electric cable was when you were mowing the lawn

2) you ran right out and bought a whole new mower instead of at least investigating whether the old one could be repaired and how much it would cost vs buying a new one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next