Why God, Why?

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Sunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 am

Cat's condition deteriorated rapidly last night, and we had to have him put down this morning. I've been crying almost nonstop since I woke up.
Back to top Go down
http://nerdywitches.net
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:29 am

Fwiw, I'm really sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:58 am

Ahhh I'm sorry. May no one get on your nerves with 'understanding' stories of how much they miss their dog who lives four hours away.
Or, uh, you know. Stuff like that. :/
Back to top Go down
Sunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:11 am

Yeah, I know. Luckily people have been "properly" sympathetic so far. Thanks everyone. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
John Marston

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:48 am

Sorry to hear that
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Sunatic wrote:
Cat's condition deteriorated rapidly last night, and we had to have him put down this morning. I've been crying almost nonstop since I woke up.

Crying or Very sad So sorry for you! It's never easy when a beloved pet dies.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:32 pm

Sunatic wrote:
That is so sad. Pets become family members, and it hurts when they die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:13 am

He was almost exactly 13 years old and had been mine since he was a kitten. None of our other cats have been "my babies" as much as he was. I just hope he had a happy life with me.
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:31 am

He did, Sunatic. You know he did. He was loved.

Edited to add:

Came down with a dreadful cough and cold on 27th December. Lasted all the way through Jan and into Feb. Just as I thought I was getting over it, I came down with it again. Now, today, just when I've been feeling better for a few days, I'm going down with it for a third time. Crying or Very sad

I just wanna feel well!
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:31 pm

Today my best friend's husband asked me how it's going, y'know, overall, considering. I made a face, because, yeah. He jumped up and came around the table to hug me, so of course then I cried. Every time someone does something sweet or thoughtful, I cry. I'm just so fucking fragile right now, it's not even funny.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:24 pm

it's okay <3 <3
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Thanks. I'll be okay, I'm just... mourning. And I'm pretty functional, it's just whenever someone hints that they're thinking about me and they're concerned for me that I go to pieces.

The same friend's grandmother is currently dying of a brain tumor. Said friend also has a three-weeks-old baby. So many partings, and so many beginnings, and I feel like I will emerge cleansed and in a better place, but right now I'm a bit overwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Attack egg sad.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:05 pm

spork wrote:
Attack egg sad.
Attack egg recently had to bury a decade-long relationship. :/ There are reasons, and ultimately the reasons are on my end, but right now there's a pretty big hole in my life. Anyway thanks for the flowers. Made me cry again, but, yeah, it's appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:08 pm

spork wrote:
Attack egg sad.

Spoiler:

God damn Canadians.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:58 am

Oh you, Mikey. Razz

grmblfjx wrote:
ultimately the reasons are on my end
I don't know, it's rarely one-sided. Either way, I'm sorry to hear this. I guess that sometimes it's for the best to end things rather than to let it drag on, even it hurts like hell to do so.

Stay strong.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:17 pm

spork wrote:
I don't know, it's rarely one-sided.
No, I meant- what it all boils down to, if you keep distilling it ever further, is that we're not together anymore because this relationship had grown too small for me. Because it wasn't at eye-level, because we weren't communicating at a level I would have found meaningful, because it wasn't going anywhere. And then a bunch of ugly things happened for quite some time and in the end he called it off, and I can't blame him. I wouldn't want to be with someone who so blatantly finds me inadequate, either.

Still hurts, though. Not even that he called it off, but that we came to a point where that was the only logical conclusion.

Anyway, thanks, and all that.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Girlfriend goes off on me for the littlest of things.

Today it was for trying to knit during a movie that "I didnt want to watch", yet why would I go through all the trouble of fixing the TV and Netflix settings to make her remote app work if I didn't?

It's just irritating, she treats me like I'm five. That's not how you should treat your partner.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
Girlfriend goes off on me for the littlest of things.

Today it was for trying to knit during a movie that "I didnt want to watch", yet why would I go through all the trouble of fixing the TV and Netflix settings to make her remote app work if I didn't?

It's just irritating, she treats me like I'm five. That's not how you should treat your partner.

Why are you knitting during a movie you want to watch?

Why are you knitting in the first place?

Get a cool hobby, like killing hookers.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:25 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

He's coaxing his inner feminine side.and he hates the movie he was being forced to sit by and watch Shut your cornhole hair pile.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:15 am

Disco Stu wrote:
No, the real question is, why do you have to want to watch it?

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
While watching a movie? I can't imagine a single way in which that isn't inconvenient.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:37 am

Disco Stu wrote:
You'll need to confront her about it. Asserting yourself is one of the most important and difficult things in a relationship, as I found out the hard way. Good luck.

Also knitting is awesome. Cool
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:59 am

grmblfjx: because she decided on a whim that I should just drop whatever I'm doing and watch a movie that she considers "essential"? I don't know, it's stupid and if she's gonna get angry over this, it's stupid.

So last night I was just, fuck this shit I am going to ignore you if you're going to be shitty. Today she is pulling the "I'm tired! Stop treating me bad because I'm depressed this is ableist!" And it's just, my god don't you see what you're doing? I have no life thanks to her. I am sick of trying to make her happy when she just lumps around all day. I know it's nothing personal, depression is nothing personal- but I am tired of putting my life on hold and gutting my self-esteem to placate her.

Slept on the couch, fuck it, next time I'm not talking to her for a few days. See how she fuck she fucking likes it. I do not have room for downers in my life who whine and don't want to see results ever. I'm tired of the whole not having ambition bit as "prejudice". Shit, man
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:50 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
I know it's nothing personal, depression is nothing personal- but I am tired of putting my life on hold and gutting my self-esteem to placate her.

The thing is- and this is going to sound weird, but it's something I'm currently thinking about as a result of my recently failed relationship and something my doctor said about self-same relationship- that I think it's possible to enable depression the same way you can enable alcoholism or whatever. My doctor said in his eyes I'm exhibiting some signs of co-dependency. There are limits to the comparison, because depression doesn't work the same way as an addiction does, but I have to admit it's possible that I, by trying to make life worthwhile for my ex, consistently kept things bearable enough that he didn't have to fix his issues.

This is a difficult area and a fine line, obviously, and you'll have to play it by ear. But, speaking as someone who never made it out of my own depression until external pressure forced me to, I do think there is such a thing as accommodating depression too much. It is so, so hard though to tell where the line is between "supporting" and "enabling". :/
Back to top Go down
Sunatic

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:57 pm

So she's asking you to enable her depression? Yeah, it's not going to help her OR you in the long run. Is she getting any help for her depression or does she consider it ableist or too hard or something? I know from experience how fucking hard depression can be, but her attitude to it makes me see red. Depression is something you fight, not something you use as an excuse to be a jerk. If she's too depressed to handle the blows to ego that normal human interactions cause, she's too depressed to date anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Something Bad Happened to Me Today Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next