Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,

Go down 
+4
SirDixonDongs
Miss Misery
grmblfjx
rachel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, Empty
PostSubject: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 am

Deer can read highway signs. Who knew?

Quote :
The woman identified only as Donna told radio station Y94 The Morning Playhouse she had been involved in three car accidents in the last few years, all involving deer just after she passed a deer crossing sign.

"My frustration is that Minnesota and North Dakota departments of transportation would allow these deer crossings to be in such high-traffic areas,” she told the radio hosts. ”I mean I’ve even seen them on the interstate. Why are we encouraging deer to cross the interstate? I don’t get it.”

She goes on to say that she understands deer need to cross the road sometimes, but called encouraging them to cross on highways “so irresponsible.” She said she’d written letters to newspapers and TV stations, but no one seemed to want to spread the word on her issue.
No, really?
Quote :
Donna then comes to the conclusion that moving deer crossings to school crossings would be safer.

“You know deer crossings aren’t telling deer that it’s safe to cross there,” the host says. “Just more of an alert for drivers so they know it’s a high deer population.”

But Donna doesn’t get it.

“They can direct their deer population anywhere they want to by moving that deer crossing sign,” she said. “Why in the world would they place it on the highway or the interstate, you know? I mean, god.”

The host tells her again that she’s misunderstanding, but she still doesn’t get it.

“The deer crossing sign is there to tell deer that that’s where they need to cross,” Donna said.
North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, 203843
Quote :
The station aired a follow-up call with Donna this week and uploaded it to YouTube. After the hosts tell her she’s famous, she thanks them for being so nice to her.

She said she feels “incredibly stupid,” adding she had “no clue” that the signs were for humans.

“In my defense, I grew up in a really small North Dakota town,” Donna said.
scratch Too small to have any deer?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 am

Too small to know that animals don't stop to read signs?

"Yeah, it, uh, it's just me, Mom and some rocks out here. What's an animal?"
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:32 am

Quote :
She said she feels “incredibly stupid,” adding she had “no clue” that the signs were for humans.

Just when I think people can't possibly get any dumber, someone like this comes along and lowers the bar even more..... North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, 724940
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:40 am

idk she sounds like some of the new yorkers out here

one guy hit a goddamn deer and pulled over and started ranting about how the government oughta keep their animals penned up

another guy was freakin out about wild dogs chasing him across the golf course and he said he maced em

surprise it was more deer

and that aint even touchin the house bear story
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Quote :
another guy was freakin out about wild dogs chasing him across the golf course and he said he maced em

Why would you carry mace when you have 14 metal clubs?

A properly applied pitching wedge covereth a multitude of of sins.

And really any animal attack smaller than a goddamn cougar.

Maybe even a goddamn cougar.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :

we're talkin about new yorkers here

they aint exactly bright
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Quote :

we're talkin about new yorkers here

they aint exactly bright

Fair point, but they are violent. I figured their first instinct would be to clobber any problem they come across with the nearest blunt instrument.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 pm

fun fact: a lot of them seem to think deer are rabid carnivores
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:13 pm

In their defense, deer ARE dangerous. Carnivores are cowards. Deer are insane assholes.

Talked to a guy who used to work up in Michigan for the forestry service or something. They were stopping people coming out of the deer woods to check their licenses, etc. They had a couple NYers who had gone hunting the first time ever.

They had a small cow strapped to their car.

Back at basic, I had to explain to a girl from NY city how to identify a skunk. :-\
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm

rae wrote:
Talked to a guy who used to work up in Michigan for the forestry service or something. They were stopping people coming out of the deer woods to check their licenses, etc. They had a couple NYers who had gone hunting the first time ever.

They had a small cow strapped to their car.
OMG, Tom Lehrer was right!
Quote :
I always will remember,
'Twas a year ago November,
I went out to hunt some deer
On a mornin' bright and clear.
I went and shot the maximum the game laws would allow,
Two game wardens, seven hunters, and a cow.
Quote :
Back at basic, I had to explain to a girl from NY city how to identify a skunk. :-\
Girl mistaken for skunk at Halloween party is shot by relative
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 pm

rachel wrote:

I think it's actually worse that he wasn't drunk and went, "LOL let's just shoot at shit when there are kids around."
Back to top Go down
Kakashifan727
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 9:26 pm

SHIT, read that last one on another forum I go to. He is so drunk, I bet.

This deer thing is just LOL. Where I live in NY we have to watch out for deer, and my mom hates driving back home in the dark since she can't see em coming. They rush out like...WHOOSH! according to her or something. She saw three of them on the side of the road once.

I don't what part of NY your GF is from, but how does she not know what a skunk is? mind you, I live probably in a different area than those people. They must be NYC folk or something.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:48 pm

rachel wrote:
Quote :
"Who was chaperoning this party? And who in their right mind shoots a skunk in the vicinity of their home? Everything about this story just stinks," someone wrote.
Bolding mine. North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, 723337
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,   North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings, Empty

Back to top Go down

North Dakota woman confused about deer crossings,
Page 1 of 1