Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History Empty
PostSubject: Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History   Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 pm

It finally happened, Augusta killed golf.

I always knew it'd be Augusta. They've been trying to do it for decades, acting like their annual circle jerk on the world's prettiest sod farm is a legitimate tournament and not just a sad excuse for people who had one good week thirty years ago to try to feel relevant.

Though honestly, if they're going to let females play six hour rounds and insist that I not wizz in the bushes, they could have done worse.

Quote :
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and South Carolina financier Darla Moore have accepted membership invitations, the club announced Monday

Of course, the new chairman wasted no time patting himself on the back as if he just led the Jews out of Egypt.

Quote :
But Augusta National’s current chairman called it “a joyous occasion.” In a prepared statement, Billy Payne, who replaced Johnson as Augusta National chairman in 2006, said: “We enthusiastically welcome Secretary Condoleezza Rice and Darla Moore as members of Augusta National Golf Club.’’

Payne referred to the decision as “a significant and positive time in our Club’s history.”

EVERYONE LOOK AT ME AND HOW PROGRESSIVE I AM

Quote :
Augusta National, which once required that all caddies be black,

Until they realized that doing so gave blacks jobs and therefore money and that was unacceptable because if they had money they might even gain influence and sooner or later they'd be voting. So they ended the policy and black unemployment rose dramatically, all of the newly jobless blacks left Georgia for greener pastures, but, finding nothing but misery and depression, were lost to alcoholism and drug addiction.

And that is where New Orleans comes from.

Then some lady with way too much time on her hands started acting important

Quote :
But Burk told the Associated Press: “Oh my God. We won. It's about 10 years too late for the boys to come into the 20th century, never mind the 21st century. But it's a milestone for women in business.’’

She added: “It came sooner than I expected. I thought they were going to try to outlast me. And I really thought they would wait until the women's movement would get no credit. But if we had not done what we did, this would not have happened now.”

I'm impressed. It takes quite a goddamn ego to make the fellows at Augusta seem humble.

But truly, I'd like to wish Burk a speedy recovery from her injuries. Dislocating your shoulder isn't fun, but it's what happens when you're too eager to pat yourself on the back.

[/troll]

But seriously, I just wish I could watch ESPN for ten minutes without them hyping up this shit. 51 weeks a year, no one cares about this sod farm and their hideous jackets. The other week, we all pretend to care while wishing it were already US Open week. If they, as a private club, want to prohibit female members because GET IN THE KITCHEN DAMNIT, that's their prerogative. If they want to remove the giant log that's been buried three feet deep in their ass since the day the place opened and let members in based exclusively as their relevant merits, that's just dandy.

It's baseball season. If they wanted some good PR, they should have done it in March.

And if Condy can hit a ball more than 230 yards I'd crap my pants.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History   Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:07 pm

In which Mikey whines about stuff only he gives two shits about and proceeds to be misogynistic and racist at the same time. Again.

You really need a new shtick, dude.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History   Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
In which Mikey whines about stuff only he gives two shits about and proceeds to be misogynistic and racist at the same time. Again.

You really need a new shtick, dude.
This.

Bandage, I could just cuddle you.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History   Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 pm

... am I imagining things or is TheIan creepier than usual?
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History   Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
... am I imagining things or is TheIan creepier than usual?
It's just your imagination. Go back to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History   Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History Empty

Back to top Go down

Augusta National Allows First Two Female Members in Club History
Page 1 of 1