Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?

Go down 
+16
Summercorn
TheHedonist
Aggie
ViewSonic
Beregond5
KeyserSoze
The Unoriginal
TheIan
Lurv
Reidmar
Mr.Doobie
WD40
Snake Bandage
Jay/Cris
Euglena
Cyberwulf
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:22 pm

ViewSonic wrote:
Anyone ever hear of the Bunyip song? Anyone have a link or something?
This?
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:16 pm

I'M NOT STUUUUU
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 4:34 am

Back when I was a kid, there was a programme of plays called Armchair Thriller. The plays themselves varied enormously, like the later Tales of the Unexpected would do.

But these plays were on in the afternoon, so when you were an impressionable kid, at home on the sofa with chicken pox or something, it was on.

The opening titles scared the shit out of me. It's the combination of the hands and the music.

[url=This][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:40 am

Oh no.

Ooohhhhh noooo.

You found the Bunyip video.

You found it.

Not only is it shockingly creepy, but the song immediately preceeding it contains the lyrics "I'm a frog, I'm a frog, I'm a frog.". You get to this shit and it's some gravelly Bastion narrator dude droning in the most creepy tone imaginable, with plinky piano hell in the background. That thing is the soul of nightmares.
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 7:39 am

If any kids movie could be summed up by the term "nightmare fuel", it's the Brave Little Toaster. Mother of Chrysler.

I mean, it was originally a Sundance film, yes? An animated film for teenagers that had kiddy elements? Yet children watched it anyway and OH MY GOD MONSTER CLOWN FIREMAN HELP ME MOMMY

But worse than even that was the song (I forget its name) that featured a bunch of cars singing about how useless they are as they are disassembled and killed. What the fuck.

Hey, on a similar subject, how 'bout that Doug episode with a nightmare where the family's heads fell off and gibbered madly whilst fleshy neck gibbets trailed behind them and spoons splashed in bowls of blood? In DOUG.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 6:59 pm

You, uh, have some low-ass standards.
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:26 pm

I declare you my nemesis, Penguin.
Back to top Go down
QuantumProlapse

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Reboots CGI freaked the shit out of me when I was like, VERY young.

And theres "Youre not perfect" from Courage The Cowardly Dog.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 pm

I feel like such a wuss for admitting this, but this one part of a single episode of Winnie The Pooh scared me shitless as a child. In it Rabbit is for some reason hiding in this foggy hole like....hiding from something and he can't see anything and starts getting paranoid and thinking he sees and hears things, and these fucking frogs keep croaking in a way that is somehow utterly terrifying and by the end he is screaming and running around with his eyes rolling basically going insane with fear. That shit was intense to a four-year-old. Fuck, my heart is beating faster just remembering how it got to me.

Then of course there's the infamous Heffalump song. Pooh has a nightmare about these weird-ass sinister elephants that steal from him and do all kinds of menacing shit and at some point the sequence becomes a bad acid-trip. Just last week I figured I'd try to watch it again; surely twenty-plus years out it will be amusing at most. Nope. Fuck that. I still don't like it.

Shit, what else? I was such a scaredly little girl....

Oh christ, All Dogs Go To Heaven! The part where the German Shepherd steals his life-watch back from the angel-dog and is dreaming about the lake of fire with the screaming dinosaur skeleton in it.

Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:31 am

Well, if we're admitting to wussdom, I still am creeped out by the animatronic robin in Mary Poppins. One minute it's all a spoonful of sugar, the next she's got this... thing on her hand. I think it's the way it moves or something. Get it off! Get it OFF!

I'm fine with the Alien, by the way. But the robin in Mary Poppins? Yuk.[/extreme wuss]
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

My sister used to be terrified of the episode of Ren and Stimpy where Stimpy climbed into his own bellybutton.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?   What? No Nightmare Fuel thread? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What? No Nightmare Fuel thread?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2