Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad

Go down 
+11
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Rabid Badger
Aggie
EileenK98
Mikey Go WOOGA
Snake Bandage
Jay/Cris
the asylum
bleachedblackcat
TheIan
King Bee
15 posters
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad Empty
PostSubject: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:22 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's a video.

Ok, I can understand wanting an Ipad REALLY badly, but not this badly.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:44 pm

I am so tempted to make a Fullmetal Alchemist reference, yet I will show restraint.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Bah, who needs two?
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Wonder what he'll give for an iPad2?
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:44 am

Just curious: what would be an acceptable thing to sell a kidney for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:06 am

Somehow I'm not surprised it's happening in China.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:19 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
Just curious: what would be an acceptable thing to sell a kidney for?

Solid gold toilet? The unexistence of Snooki? Ranger tickets?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm heading down to the kidney exchange. While I'm there, I might trade my gallbladder for a new golfing shoes. Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad 961878
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:16 pm

I have an organ or two that's still in pretty good shape. Can I bring them to the Apple store and dicker with them?
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Hey, not only do you get stuff but you also get to lose weight! It's a win-win!
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Pah. He should have sold his adam's apple for the iPad.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:11 pm

Frankly, I'd sell my mom's kidney for an iPad.

Don't look at me like that, she has three of the things, maybe taking out one will actually help her health problems!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Well hell. I offered to give my sister one of my kidneys when she was in renal failure, and I didn't even demand compensation for it.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:49 am

We have two kidneys for a REASON, not because one is surplus or as a spare, or to make our body symmetrical. If that were the case we might have three lungs or two livers or something. I think living kidney donors forget that a lot.

The kid just shortened his own life by about 20 years (as an average).
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 am

Quote :
We have two kidneys for a REASON, not because one is surplus or as a spare, or to make our body symmetrical. If that were the case we might have three lungs or two livers or something. I think living kidney donors forget that a lot.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:38 am

Hahaha Are you saying having organs to spare is not a reason in and of itself for multiple organs to exist? Because it sound like a good reason to me, you know, in case I lose a lung or something.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Look at it this way: he gets his phone and we get to lose another stupid person 20 years earlier, so win-win.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Really? I'll have to tell my oldest sister that-she's only had one working kidney for years, and she'll turn 72 this June.

For that matter, some people are BORN with only one kidney, or lose a lung to cancer or, and most of them manage to live reasonably long lives, barring complications.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Quote :
Meanwhile, the young man who had the organ removed — identified only as "Wang" in police documents — now suffers from a renal deficiency as a result of the procedure.

I know I'm suppose to feel bad. But it's his own damn fault.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:

Quote :
Meanwhile, the young man who had the organ removed — identified only as "Wang" in police documents — now suffers from a renal deficiency as a result of the procedure.

I know I'm suppose to feel bad. But it's his own damn fault.
Wang? Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad 611762 [/12-year-old moment]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:32 pm

Quote :

I hope that iPad was worth it.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 pm

CITATION NEEDED
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:57 pm

xerrofoot wrote:

CITATION NEEDED

Well, according to several Google articles, survival statistics for adult kidney transplant vary between 91-95%. Certain variables factor into that-why they had the transplant,, how bad a shape they were in at the time (total renal failure versus compromised renal function), etc. As I noted about my sister, she didn't even discover that only one of her kidneys was working till she was in her 40s. Given that she'd survived that long with no trouble, the doctors saw no reason to remove the non-functioning kidney.

And Harley, I offered my sister a kidney when she was dying from diabetes-related renal failure. I had to undergo a battery of tests, including genetic ones to make sure we were compatible. The Doctors told me there was no reason I wouldn't be able to lead a long, full life with only one kidney. Unfortunately, her health deteriorated before the transplant could take place, and she died quietly in her sleep. But if my older sister's kidney were to stop functioning, I'd offer her one in a heartbeat.

As for the kid, he's young and stupid, and probably never stopped to think there could be complications because, hey, he's young, and young people don't ever had bad things happen to them! This is why most countries have laws against illegal organ harvesting . I imagine, given the list of people waiting for donor kidneys, someone paid a whole helluva lot of money for that kidney-way more than an iPad is worth.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad   Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad Empty

Back to top Go down

Teen Sells Kidney For Ipad
Page 1 of 1