Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment

Go down 
+2
Jay/Cris
Aggie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment Empty
PostSubject: Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment   Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Link

Quote :
The grandmother and stepmother of a nine-year-old US girl have been charged with murder after allegedly forcing the youngster to run for three hours without stopping, authorities said.

The exercise was apparently punishment for Savannah Hardin, who died on Monday at Children's Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama, from dehydration and low sodium, a condition common in marathon runners

Quote :
A call placed to a 911 emergency operator reported an unresponsive child having seizures

Okay, I can see why grandma would have been pissed about the child lying to her about the candy bar, but forcing her to run for three straight hours may be a teeny bit excessive. And stepmother? What the hell were *you* thinking? I feel so very, very sorry for the child's father and the newborn baby (the pregnant stepmother apparently gave birth while in police custody).
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment   Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Wow.

An attempt at a karmic punishment turns into a disturbing death? I'm sure Jigsaw would approve.

Also, before there's any confusion about this: this is bad parenting. Really, utterly, totally, madly, deeply, truly. Bad parenting. Everybody knows it only takes about 20 to 30 minutes of running to lose the calories in a candy bar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment   Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 am

Jay wrote:
Also, before there's any confusion about this: this is bad parenting.

But good coaching. Colbert Back in my day, whenever we fucked up anything, we'd have to run laps. Turn over? Run laps. Defense breaks down? Run laps. Pick up the soccer ball? Run laps with the coach chasing you around with a rolled up newspaper. "Accidentally" popping a ref because he broke up a fight you didn't think was over? Skate laps.

You know what all of that did? It made us the fastest goddamn team in the league. Sure, we had absolutely no skill or strategy, which hurt us in basketball. But we were the best hockey and soccer team in the respective leagues, because, apparently, when you're 12, run/skate REALLY fast and blindly shoot the ball/puck REALLY hard is not only effective, but too simple for even Mikey to fuck up. Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment 588739

Laps could mean suicides. Goddamn, I hate suicides. This is why I fucking golf. I have never had to run suicides on the golf course.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment   Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 am

Yeah not much gray area for me to root around in on this one this is a Shitty Thing to Do
Back to top Go down
The Alien from Uranus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Alien from Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment   Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 am

I'm failing to see where she stole the candy. All I've found is that she ate the candybar on the school bus and then lied about it. According to this article:

Quote :
One official told WBRC-TV that Savannah may have had a bladder condition that could have been worsened by eating the candy bar.
The kid's got a bladder condition that makes it difficult for her process certain chemicals in chocolate, so you make her run and sweat for three hours without giving her any water or letting her pee? SMART.

And then there's this article here:

Quote :
Court records show Robert Hardin filed for divorce in August 2010, saying he believed his son had ingested a possible poisonous substance while in the care of his mother, Jessica Hardin, a local newspaper reported.

The child was hospitalized and recovered, the paper said.

In his complaint, Robert asserted his wife was bipolar and had alcoholic tendencies. His wife denied the allegations.

In January 2011, the couple asked a judge to dismiss the divorce petition.
And apparently this isn't Mom's first try at killing a kid. Why she hasn't been put in prison or a mental hospital before now, I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment   Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 pm

The Alien from Uranus wrote:

Quote :
Court records show Robert Hardin filed for divorce in August 2010, saying he believed his son had ingested a possible poisonous substance while in the care of his mother, Jessica Hardin, a local newspaper reported.

The child was hospitalized and recovered, the paper said.

In his complaint, Robert asserted his wife was bipolar and had alcoholic tendencies. His wife denied the allegations.

In January 2011, the couple asked a judge to dismiss the divorce petition.
And apparently this isn't Mom's first try at killing a kid.
You don't know that she deliberately tried to murder the three year old. You also don't know that Mom and Gran decided "let's make the little bitch run till she dies". Not excusing them one iota, but it's possible they didn't realise she would actually die if they said "you damn well run around that yard till dinner as a punishment".

I tell you what though, if Mom is bipolar and has alcoholic tendencies and Dad believed his minor children were in danger under her care, it was extremely SMRT of Dad to not go through with the divorce and knock Mom up again.

I feel sorry for Savannah's real mother. Dad got custody of her and she fucking died. Jesus, what must that feel like?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment   Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment Empty

Back to top Go down

Child steals candy bar; forced to run herself to death as punishment
Page 1 of 1