Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are you a Mary Sue?

Go down 
+18
Disco Stu
ZOOLANDER
EileenK98
4shadowedice4
Lurv
lemmingwriter
Braigwen
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
TheHedonist
Cyberwulf
Salamas
TheIan
Rabid Badger
Sakurelf
Mikey Go WOOGA
cristina_chavia
Knorg
Penguin
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Are you a Mary Sue? Empty
PostSubject: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:51 pm

Think about your skillset, and what things -epic or tragic- that have happened in your life. How skilled are you? What certifications/degrees/licenses do you hold? How sexually successful are you?

Now apply yourself to a typical story challenge. Do you need to stop the bad guys from doing something bad? Is the fate of the world at stake?

Are you a Mary Sue?
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 am

Nah. Villain sue.

Knorg,
The Bomb Queen of WGW. Check out these tits. Phwoooaaarr.
Back to top Go down
cristina_chavia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
cristina_chavia

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 am

I'm a purity Sue. Ha!

No, I'm an Essex Sue a la Starter for 10. I learnt to read and escaped Southend.

You weren't there. You can't feel the pain of feet shoved into white stilettos.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:19 pm

I'd probably be the quasi-competent leader of the single most incompetent group of henchmen ever witnessed. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

cristina_chavia wrote:
I'm a purity Sue. Ha!

No, I'm an Essex Sue a la Starter for 10. I learnt to read and escaped Southend.

I STILL DON'T BELIEVE YOU LIVE THERE. IT SOUNDS MADE UP.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm too old to be a Sue. I could, however, probably be the Sue's evil abusive stepmother who's OMG SO JEALOUS of her gorgeous, talented step-daughter and tries to ruin her life.

Actually, even if I weren't too old to be a Sue, I'd still rather be the evil, abusive stepmother.
Back to top Go down
cristina_chavia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
cristina_chavia

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:36 am

Sakurelf wrote:
cristina_chavia wrote:
I'm a purity Sue. Ha!

I STILL DON'T BELIEVE YOU LIVE THERE. IT SOUNDS MADE UP.

I don't live there anymore. Thankfully. Essex or Southend sounds made up? Both are only too real.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:09 am

The best skills I've got is my over-all friendliness (Omitting you knuckleheads) and know some carpentry, electrical and plumbing training.

After that, I'm as much of a Stu as a bowl of pudding.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
I'm too old to be a Sue. I could, however, probably be the Sue's evil abusive stepmother who's OMG SO JEALOUS of her gorgeous, talented step-daughter and tries to ruin her life.

Actually, even if I weren't too old to be a Sue, I'd still rather be the evil, abusive stepmother.

But won't you end up dying a horrible painful death?

Not a sue here. Though I am half of the perfect brain.
Back to top Go down
cristina_chavia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
cristina_chavia

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:44 pm

TheIan wrote:
The best skills I've got is my over-all friendliness (Omitting you knuckleheads) and know some carpentry, electrical and plumbing training.

After that, I'm as much of a Stu as a bowl of pudding.

Who doesn't love bowls of pudding?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:51 pm

OMG IS THIS THE THREAD WHERE WE ALL RUSH TO DETAIL HOW SUPER SPESHUL WE ARE IN A REALLY SELF-DEPRECATING WAY

OR WHERE WE PROVE HOW TOTALLY MUNDANE AND THEREFORE COOL AND REAL WE ARE
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Salamas wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

But won't you end up dying a horrible painful death?

Not a sue here. Though I am half of the perfect brain.

Probably. Be worth it, though, to get to overact for a couple hundred pages before I bite the dust.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
OMG IS THIS THE THREAD WHERE WE ALL RUSH TO DETAIL HOW SUPER SPESHUL WE ARE IN A REALLY SELF-DEPRECATING WAY

Thank you for explaining it.

I feel you'd be the Big Bad's dragon. Colbert I don't mean the badass, murder machine second in command. I mean a fire breathing, reptilian, badass murder machine.

That flies. Excitedplz

OH
DA
VING
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

Yeah, this was gonna be me if someone didn't get to it first.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:00 am

Ugh. Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be like that. It was just a thought I'd had after seeing some examples of people calling bullshit on fairly mundane characters recently. E.g., "An accountant with a gun? That'd never happen!"

The story was set in Texas. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:07 am

"He had a gun!"

"THIS IS TEXAS! MY FLORIST HAS A GUN!"
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:21 am

Yep. The really funny thing about it was that nobody thought to call bullshit on the chapter where the protagonist carries the love interest to safety on road-rashed arms.* The poster basically read the first chapter and started posting about what a big Sue the protagonist was before he read any further.

*Apparently, the author based that scene on something that he'd actually done.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Penguin wrote:
Ugh. Yeah, it wasn't supposed to be like that. It was just a thought I'd had after seeing some examples of people calling bullshit on fairly mundane characters recently. E.g., "An accountant with a gun? That'd never happen!"

The story was set in Texas. Colbert
Well, damn. Now I feel bad Razz
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:11 am

Is there such a version of a Sue that's got some sort of not really disabling disability? You know, when they have cool scars.

You know, the scars that aren't really scars?

Although there was the time I broke my foot; that was for real.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 6:36 pm

I smile lop sided because I nearly got my bottom lip ripped off my face when I was attacked by a dog when I was a kid. Everyone thinks my smile is endearing.

Does that count?
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 pm

I would have figured a far higher Sue-score (according to the Universal Mary-Sue Litmus Test), but I only got a 13. I... don't know how to feel about this.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Braigwen wrote:
I smile lop sided because I nearly got my bottom lip ripped off my face when I was attacked by a dog when I was a kid. Everyone thinks my smile is endearing.

Does that count?

It depends. Did you lead a tragic life, full of suffering and pain, because everyone made fun of you due to your deformity. Or was it just something you learned to live with and your family and friends don't even notice it any more? If it's the former, then you're a Mary Sue. If not, then you're just a well-adjusted person who had something bad happen to them and learned to deal wit it.
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Totally. Cool
Back to top Go down
4shadowedice4
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
4shadowedice4

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:16 pm

I could be a Purity Sue if not for my: smoking, drinking, swearing and being sexually active. Possible Villain or Jerk Sue though.

Even then I have way to many faults to be a Mary-Sue (hates admitting she's wrong, short temper, prone to treating others like crap when in a bad mood, has to actually work for forgiveness and many more). Plus, I have no cool superpowers and I actually try to be tolerant towards idiots (it's a lost cause).
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Is there an Ass-Hat Sue? If so, then cross it with Jerk-Sue and sprinkle a little Bitch-Tits and Tsundere on it and you have me. Kind of. I sometimes accessorize with some Emo and Snarker when I feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Mary Sue?   Are you a Mary Sue? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you a Mary Sue?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next