Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning

Go down 
+15
Reepicheep-chan
grmblfjx
Cyberwulf
Exodia's Right Leg
WD40
Nevvy
Mikey Go WOOGA
SlyChild
Seule
rae
Lady Anne
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
KJM
Azzandra
Rabid Badger
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning Empty
PostSubject: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Long long ago, a show called 'Supernatural' came on the air, and was actually pretty good as these sort of shows go. I watched it for while, mostly because I liked the chemistry between the two leads, but after a while, the newness sort of wore off. Plus the fact I had to go over to my sons house to watch it became too much trouble.

All I really know about it now is that it appears to be infested with slash (both incest and RPS), and has spectacularly rabid fan base that is firmly convinced that all three guys on the show regularly engage in two and three way orgies, despite the fact that a couple of them are married (to women, not to each other).

Then this broke on Fandom Wank- Genevieve Padalecki is pregnant

You really have to read the fan reaction yourself, which can be summed up in Fandom Wank's statement over the hardcore fans disbelief that it can't be true, because ' J2 are gay, gay, gay, gay, gay, gay... '

Edited to add: Given the openness in Hollywood these days, why do fans automatically assume that a gay man would get married to have a 'beard' and make himself appear more respectable? I thought that sort of thing went out with Rock Hudson?
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:02 am

I try to avoid the SPN fandom, since I've heard it is viciously mysoginistic. But discovering the elaborate fantasies people have about the actors is... kind of perturbing. It makes me glad I never got into the fandom.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:38 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Given the openness in Hollywood these days, why do fans automatically assume that a gay man would get married to have a 'beard' and make himself appear more respectable?
Because if two hot guys are co-starring on a show, they must be a gay couple.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:17 pm

Oh come on. You know it's impossible for a man with facial hair to be gay.

Ever noticed that? There are no gay men with facial hair. At least not that I can remember.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:

Ever noticed that? There are no gay men with facial hair. At least not that I can remember.

Harley, dear, do you even know what the word 'beard' MEANS in Hollywood parlance?

Also, have you ever heard of 'Bears'? And I'm not talking about the football team or furries.

Last edited by Rabid Badger on Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:06 pm

KJM wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Given the openness in Hollywood these days, why do fans automatically assume that a gay man would get married to have a 'beard' and make himself appear more respectable?
Because if two hot guys are co-starring on a show, they must be a gay couple.

I've decided that something's happened in slash fandom since I got into it. Because I've written slash for a lot of shows, but I've never written RPS, and in all cases I've been aware that the men on the shows were usually married, or at least had girlfriends.

I write slash about the characters, but I've never for one minute believed the actors and the characters they played were the same people. Not even with Torchwood, where John Barrowman was openly gay (but had a husband in real life). That's why it's called 'fan FICTION', people.

So the level of delusion on the part of the fans of the show just sort of unnerves me. I mean, I've dearly loved every show I ever wrote for, but I never for one minute believed the two male leads were actually sexually involved with each other, either onscreen or in real life.

I do feel sorry for the guy's wife-having a child should be a happy occasion, and not ruined by delusional fans who assume that the child isn't your husband's because you're husband is gay and obviously banging his male co-stars, so it must all be a ruse to make him 'appear' to be straight.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Fanbrats can be just as bad when a man and a woman play characters that they ship. They'll make up fanfic about the actors being together, even when they hate each other in real life, are both married, or one or both actually is gay, meaning that they would not be a couple in real life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:10 pm

I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning 724940
Bears, Harley. Bears.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 7:28 pm

You may have heard of him.
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Oh, Supernatural fandom. You never fail to amuse. And by "amuse", I mean "horrify". What the shit is wrong with these people? Having this level of investment in an actor's personal life is creepy. This couple is having a baby, and that makes some people angry because they want the actors to be a gay couple? Uuuuuugh. I'm even uncomfortable with people referring to actors they don't know by their first names, so this just makes me want to hurl.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 pm

SlyChild wrote:
Oh, Supernatural fandom. You never fail to amuse. And by "amuse", I mean "horrify". What the shit is wrong with these people? Having this level of investment in an actor's personal life is creepy. This couple is having a baby, and that makes some people angry because they want the actors to be a gay couple? Uuuuuugh. I'm even uncomfortable with people referring to actors they don't know by their first names, so this just makes me want to hurl.

There's definitely a sense of disconnection between reality and fantasy where the hardcore fans are concerned that frightens me. Jared Padelacki has been married for well over a year, and it's not that unreasonable that he and his wife might have decided they want to start a family. From what I've read in the mainstream gossip rags, they're both very happy about the birth of their upcoming child.

I want to shake the collective fandom by the scruff of it's neck and tell them to get a grip.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:26 am

Rabid Badger wrote:

Harley, dear, do you even know what the word 'beard' MEANS in Hollywood parlance?

Also, have you ever heard of 'Bears'? And I'm not talking about the football team or furries.

I've heard of Bearmode. I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning 588739

I'm sure none of you fatties ever have because you don't lift and have too much self respect to troll /fit/, or any other 4Chan board.
Back to top Go down
Nevvy
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:54 am

Look guys, seriously, I know bashing Harley is the in thing but that post reeked of sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 am

Also:

This is how gay is coded in Japan.

Hence this much loved scene: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (5:37)

[/Bearly Barely related stuffs]
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:08 am

They're really trying to take the crown of "craziest fandom" from Harry Potter. They certainly have the delusional thinking down.

Those fans have been throwing vitriol at Genevieve and Daneel for a long time, so I'm not surprised it has come to this.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:48 pm

AHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD WHAT DELUSIONAL FUCKWITS AAAAAAHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:15 pm

Quote :
“I know what this is, it's the first step to the Js actually being honest about their relationship. Gen is pregnant by "them", she'll carry the baby to term, J/G and J/D will divorce, the Js will marry and raise the baby.

Okay, that's the way I'm going to look at it, cause otherwise I'm going into a depression. “

Fucking hell. I mean I get the appeal of slash, yeah? But I don't get why the slash has to be true. Actually, that would probably put me off; that's like thinking about what my friends do in bed. :/

Cyberwulf wrote:

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:37 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Fucking hell. I mean I get the appeal of slash, yeah? But I don't get why the slash has to be true
Yeah, that sort of thing is so strange to me.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:41 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Quote :
“I know what this is, it's the first step to the Js actually being honest about their relationship. Gen is pregnant by "them", she'll carry the baby to term, J/G and J/D will divorce, the Js will marry and raise the baby.

Okay, that's the way I'm going to look at it, cause otherwise I'm going into a depression. “

Fucking hell. I mean I get the appeal of slash, yeah? But I don't get why the slash has to be true. Actually, that would probably put me off; that's like thinking about what my friends do in bed. :/

Okay that? That right there? That encompasses the crazy. I loved the show for the violence and the monster-hunting and the scary. That's why I got into the fandom. The fans like this left me cowering behind the couch. They're just nuts. I felt like the only person who understood that characters =/= actors, and that what they were doing was creepy. I ended up leaving the fandom because I could not take the crazy of it. There just weren't enough sane people of the show.

grmblfjx wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

I agree.

Yeah. That. Oh god, that.
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:29 pm

When I got a little older, I figured out that the other people that were nuts over stuff that I also liked were usually nowhere in close proximity to me. Once I got past that, I ended up liking a bunch of stuff all over again. It's kind of the same feeling you get when your stuff's been in storage for 7+ years and you're just now getting around to unpacking it.

Also, if you just watch your favorite tv shows high, most of the wackadoo fans out there feel a billion miles away and all that's left is just you and the warmth from the television. I'm getting this mental image in my head of a person floating around watching tv in nothingness. That actually sounds pretty cool if I could do that for, like, two hours or something.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:37 pm

. . . bwuh?

Normally I would say that this kind of devotion to an RPS pairing is the result of misdirected energies from elsewhere--inability to pair their preferred characters because of incest or what have you--but from the looks of things, there's plenty of Winchester incest fics out there already, so that can't be the problem. What on earth convinced these people that the two male leads are banging?

Delusional fanbrat wrote:
It's not possible for two guys to work as close as they do for almost 7 years and be as close friends as they are unless it's beyond friendship. Not possible.

Excuse me while I RAEG. This is an attitude that crops up again and again in fandom, and it's driving me nuts. Gay, straight, whatever: there's this prevalent idea that two people can't just be friends. Two guys working together? They're fucking. Two girls? Forbidden lesbian romance. A guy and a girl? Mentor/student relationship, with fucking. Three or more people? Better buy condoms in bulk, there's gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight!

Some people apparently don't have the word 'platonic' in their vocabularies.

ETA: Okay, from what I can tell these guys like to tease the slash fans a lot. It still doesn't explain the insane level of devotion to the J2 pairing.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:18 pm

And this is why I watch the show and gush over it with a few friends and not join the actual fandom. I saw a bit of it, and even that tiny bit was too much for me. On another forum someone tried to start a J2 ship thread and thankfully the mods quickly stepped in and told them "NO!". I firmly remained in the Jensen Ackles/Dean thread and thank god the group was small enough that we had no crazies. Then I wandered off, haven't seen it since.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Delusional fanbrat wrote:
It's not possible for two guys to work as close as they do for almost 7 years and be as close friends as they are unless it's beyond friendship. Not possible.

Quote :
Excuse me while I RAEG. This is an attitude that crops up again and again in fandom, and it's driving me nuts. Gay, straight, whatever: there's this prevalent idea that two people can't just be friends. Two guys working together? They're fucking. Two girls? Forbidden lesbian romance. A guy and a girl? Mentor/student relationship, with fucking. Three or more people? Better buy condoms in bulk, there's gonna be a hot time in the old town tonight!

Some people apparently don't have the word 'platonic' in their vocabularies.

ETA: Okay, from what I can tell these guys like to tease the slash fans a lot. It still doesn't explain the insane level of devotion to the J2 pairing.

A couple of fandoms I wrote in (Due South and Torchwood) actually played up the relationship between the two male leads. In Due South's case, it came from the writer and star, Paul Gross, finding some slash fanfic online and being so amused by it he DELIBERATELY put subtext in the show. The fans knew this, were amused, and remained aware that he was married with a couple of kids and his co-star had a long-term girlfriend. The subtext was subtle enough that if you weren't looking for it you didn't notice it.

In the case of Torchwood, the two main male characters were actually involved in a relationship, and John Barrowman was openly gay (Gareth David-Lloyd, who played Ianto, was straight, and had a girlfriend). They used to do things at conventions like kiss each other, but I don't think the fans (at least the ones who weren't batshit insane) ever took it seriously. John's been married to his husband Scott for close to seven years, and Gareth was straight (he's since married his girlfriend), and everyone knew they were actors playing characters. They did a very convincing job of portraying a couple, but once again, THEY'RE ACTORS. That's what they get paid for.

Some people did write RPS of John and his husband Scott, but I never read any of it, because it felt like a violation of privacy. It's one thing to take two characters that have been established on a show as having a relationship and write about that relationship. It's another thing entirely to speculate on someone's real-life relationship with their spouse. That's a line that shouldn't be crossed.

ETA: The whole twincest thing just makes me want to puke. I realize they're only playing twins, but as someone who has twins in real life that have differing sexualities, the assumption that all male twins are gay and perfectly willing to get it on with their brother also crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed.
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:

ETA: The whole twincest thing just makes me want to puke. I realize they're only playing twins, but as someone who has twins in real life that have differing sexualities, the assumption that all male twins are gay and perfectly willing to get it on with their brother also crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed.

On Supernatural? It's not twincest, Dean's older than Sam by a few years. It's Wincest, a play on the fact that their last name is Winchester. It doesn't make it any less disturbing though.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Salamas wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

On Supernatural? It's not twincest, Dean's older than Sam by a few years. It's Wincest, a play on the fact that their last name is Winchester. It doesn't make it any less disturbing though.

Okay. I'd seen the 'Wincest' thing and just assumed they were twins. Like Weasleycest in Harry Potter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning   I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning Empty

Back to top Go down

I Love the Smell of Wank In the Morning
Page 1 of 1