Why God, Why?


 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
grumbles wrote:
No, that's just you.

Hipster.
Do you like my new avatar y/n?

How very fitting. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



The Scientist wrote:
tl;dr

(....)
Are you really gonna argue about something this ridiculous with someone you don't even know? Sweetheart? I mean, are you for real?

One, every internet discussion ever is with someone you don't even know. That has not stopped you from discussing things on this board before. This board, which is dedicated to pissing and moaning about bad Dramione fic. If that's not the epitome of ridiculous, I don't know what is.
Two, it looks a little like a whopping three paragraphs are "tl; dr" when dedicated to your attitude; you've seemed perfectly capable of comprehending this much text in, oh, every other thread here.

And finally, this is what boggles my mind a bit; are you really going to call someone "sweetheart" and then argue that you're not condescending?
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Under Strangeland's Iron Sea

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:45 pm

I just read the first and last paragraph.

Since we never know anyone on teh internetz, I never take anything seriously.... not that I don't take you seriously, mate, but honestly, this is a little out there. It's supposed to be a mild distraction. Getting worked up over trivialities is dumb. So whilst I am game while we're discussing fiction and criticism and general stuff, it stops once it gets personal, boring, lame, hair-splitty etc. Not my cup of tea.

So, in that spirit (and since some people want to argue semantics over the internet)....

Long days and pleasant nights.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 32
Location : IN A SEXY NEW CONDO

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
And finally, this is what boggles my mind a bit; are you really going to call someone "sweetheart" and then argue that you're not condescending?
TBF I was the one who used the word sweetheart first. I should have used BB instead. Arg, hindsight, why must you hurt me so?
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Under Strangeland's Iron Sea

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:07 am

To be fair myself, I didn't call the person sweetheart, they did that to me (as mentioned above by them), and I wondered what that was all about.

I am not condescending (if it seemed that way, you misunderstood me, and I apologise), and I think this discussion is kind of pointless.

If it goes back to the original topic (or what I thought was the original topic), fine. If it derails any further into bickering over pedantic nonsense (and I'm not saying I didn't participate- that's what I meant when I said that it's kind of silly arguing over something that's basically irrelevant over the internet), I'm out.

Discussing interesting topics is one thing. Spending pages arguing over someone's choice of words and supposed attitude (because frankly, none of us really know what the others are like, what kind of people they are) leads nowhere at all. After all, it's supposed to be fun.

Again, long days and pleasant nights all around. Smile
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:39 am

Right, I see it now. It's par for the course, then. Hipsters are all over being condescending, aren't they? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Under Strangeland's Iron Sea

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:15 am

Hipster?

I think I missed the joke.

But I suppose you say true,

so I say thankya. Cool
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-03-06
Location : Not giving a hoot.

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:11 am

Nihilist wrote:
^ Pretentious much?

...Because I expect people to use decent spelling and grammar and I bitch when they don't? (Wait, where am I again?) Hey, I don't get to feel superior to people very often so I take my shots when I can. Razz

@Reepi your new avatar is DECK!
Back to top Go down
AmyB96



Join date : 2011-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:23 am

I Am not moaning or bawling my eyes out It is very hard for me to write and remember punctuation and spellings Because I have problems with spellings and Cerbal Phalsy, I took my story down Because I knew it went wrong and it was MY choice to do so, And yes it is 'fucking hard' for me to get it perfect every time. I Do accept criticism I am very polite towards people but what I don't like is the swearing in comments There is no need to swear there are plenty more words out their to use then 'Fuck' I put up my writing to help myself by letting other people comment on it, I don't cry at your comments I take them in to make me a better writer but there comes a line where it gets to rude that's why I put up post Like I said I don't mind you talking about it but It was getting alittle rude.
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Under Strangeland's Iron Sea

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:44 am

If you had read the whole thread, you would know no-one is talking specifically about you, but about a type of author. Don't be offended.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:00 pm

The Scientist wrote:
If you had read the whole thread, you would know no-one is talking specifically about you, but about a type of author. Don't be offended.

Bull. Shit.



The Scientist wrote:
She shouldn't have posted it in the first place. No reason to be all butthurt when people poke fun. Seriously. Rolling Eyes

The Scientist wrote:
It's her own damn fault. 14 or no, you post stuff on teh internetz, people are gonna make fun of it (especially if it sucks), end of story.


For the record, I have stopped posting because I have said my piece, not because I have changed my mind about this in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2010-10-05
Location : Under Strangeland's Iron Sea

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:03 am

I corrected myself later.

Friend, think what you will if it makes you happy. It doesn't make me feel any better or worse arguing with you. At least I am able to listen and admit to a mistake. You just want to fight with some random stranger over the internet. That's....well, your prerogative. Do as you please. I never meant to insult someone, because I don't know them. My choice in pronouns was obviously misleading. If the girl feels insulted, I apologise. Is it really that important to keep splitting hairs?

Like I said, do as you please. I'm not going to fight with you or shoot any supposedly witty remarks or whatever. I'm just being honest.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:26 pm

Amy, please don't be offended but saying stuff like "I'm can't write well due to (insert reason here)" to get people to pity you is a bad idea. People who have no hands have been known to write really well.
Back to top Go down
Howithurts
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
avatar

Join date : 2011-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:24 pm

you can use your nose
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
avatar

Join date : 2009-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:14 pm

I'm thinking more along the lines of the armless kids in the news, like the one from China who did his college entrance exam with his feet.
Back to top Go down
crowdog66

avatar

Join date : 2009-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:14 am

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I'm thinking more along the lines of the armless kids in the news, like the one from China who did his college entrance exam with his feet.

That's assuming that they have all the cognitive equipment in place to compose a decent sentence (or an engaging story, which is much more difficult). The ability to put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard is absolutely no guarantee that the person in question is capable of telling a tale competently, and there are all sorts of factors that will interfere with the latter skill set, including dyslexia -- or in the case of many fan writers, a poor attitude toward crafting fiction.

So when I see people say "Go easy on my writing gaiz, I have _____", there are some fill-in-the-blank responses that will win them a nod and some that will win them an eyeroll. Being a teenager is a possibly acceptable reason simply because the brains of teenagers haven't fully developed yet (trufax, folks) and they all mature at different rates, so someone in that age group who wants to be a good writer might not have the mental equipment yet. YMMV, of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author    

Back to top Go down
 
Adventures of kurt and Blaine. Author
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Kurt Hummel Spoiler Thread - part 23
» 3x15 "Big Brother" Watch & Discussion thread
» General Glee Discussion Thread-Part 2
» 5x14 "New New York" Watch & Discussion thread
» 6x07 "Transitioning" Watch & Discussion thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-
Jump to: