Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Go down 
+22
bleachedblackcat
Spotts1701
grmblfjx
Adagio
Azzandra
Mikey Go WOOGA
Sheba
CaptainMcNeil
Howithurts
Sutremaine
Braigwen
Cyberwulf
Lurv
Saleha
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Aggie
Miss Misery
Lady Anne
Mr.Doobie
fapfapfap
Korora
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fapfapfap
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fapfapfap

With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 pm

I think it's to distinguish a behavior/crime that was a one-off versus one that is likely to happen again. I.e. killing someone for sleeping with your wife vs. killing someone for being black. There's a lot more people potentially at risk for the second one.

Though that's my unsubstantiated opinion. :B
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Saleha wrote:
to me, the biggest "sin" is doing bad unto others. Telling gays they should get pseudo-corrective therapy which only serves to make them loathe themselves, and prohibiting them to prove their love to each other or to visit their partner in hospitals or make decisions for them if they are too sick to do so themselves - THAT is a sin in my eyes.

I'm not religious and never have been, and the whole concept of "sin" is dubious to me, but I'll go with it for the sake of the argument. "Don't do bad unto others" is the one rule that all rules boil down to, and the only one I can respect. Ten commandents, fuck, they all boil down to "don't hurt others" and "stroke my ego", and I'm not down with worshipping a being that's all MEMEME.
Essentially I'm saying I agree with Saleha; out of a gay guy in love and a homophobe screaming at him, it's the latter who's breaking the rule.

Howithurts wrote:
Maybe I'm being stupid, but I'm not quite sure what the point of the thread is. Is it for discussing homosexual lifestyles? I had trouble understanding exactly what Korora was saying.

From a thread in the Closet:

Korora wrote:
I have in mind a thread about people on your side of a debate that you cannot abide--they're making the rest of your side look bad, and your opponents often tar your whole side with the same wide brush. I don't know where to put it; this board lacks a separate forum for controversial topics.

Eudyptula albosignata

I think this was supposed to be about "why the hell are you in my camp, you're not helping" (there was a brief mention of Glenn Beck et al in the OP).
What confuses me is that this person has been around forever, and not just since this incarnation of the board, and I don't understand how the collective response was not expected. scratch

...and we don't have room for controversial topics here. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:13 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
What confuses me is that this person has been around forever, and not just since this incarnation of the board, and I don't understand how the collective response was not expected. scratch

Hope springs eternal?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:

Hope springs eternal?

As does stupidity and insanity.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:38 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:

Hope springs eternal?

No, that would imply that Korora saw the possibility and was hoping against it. I'm not getting that vibe at all.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:22 pm

I have a question that hopefully someone could answer for me: For those who truely believe that one chooses their sexual orintation (no matter if you think homosexual = bad or not) how and why do people choose it?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:31 pm

bleachedblackcat wrote:
I have a question that hopefully someone could answer for me: For those who truely believe that one chooses their sexual orintation (no matter if you think homosexual = bad or not) how and why do people choose it?
While I know that sexual orientation is something a person is born with, I also know that experimentation is a normal part of the human experience. That may be part of where the idea that a person chooses their sexual orientation comes from. In the thinking of some people, if a person can try having sex with a person of the opposite sex, and try having sex with a person of the same sex, and come to their own conclusions over which one they like better, then it must therefore follow that a person is choosing whether they're straight or gay. This is a logical fallacy, but there it is.

Under the right circumstances, a straight person might enjoy sex with a person of the same sex, while a gay person might enjoy sex with a person of the opposite sex. While I was studying theater arts in college, I met a lesbian who told me that when she had decided to have a child, instead of going the artificial insemination route, she chose to have sex with her partner's brother so that both she and her partner would have a biological connection to the child. She said that while she wasn't sexually attracted to the man who fathered her child, he made an effort to make it good for her, so it actually was kind of enjoyable. She was still a lesbian--sex with a man didn't change her orientation--but it wasn't as bad as she'd expected, either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:21 pm

I know this is dead but...
Korora wrote:
That does not mean we must wink at sin.
Yeah, well, I do it anyway.
Hi, sin! Wink Wink Wink

Seriously, people talk like that? With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 203843
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 pm

So...basically Korora is complaining that their dumb-as-fuck opinion is shared by other dumb fucks? How is this thread three pages long? scratch
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:01 am

Because we like to all start squaking at once like a flock of chickens. Hell, we had a pro-life/creationist thread once that made it to 83 pages.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:22 am

Quijotesca wrote:
Korora wrote:
Hi, sin! Wink Wink Wink

Seriously, people talk like that? With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 203843

Sadly, yes. Fundamentalist Christians are giving to spouting such phrases in an attempt, I think, to sound Biblical and learned.

And anyway, how can you wink at an abstract concept? You'd have to wink at the person you thought was sinning, which might give them the wrong idea. With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 961878
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:09 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Because we like to all start squaking at once like a flock of chickens. Hell, we had a pro-life/creationist thread once that made it to 83 pages.

I'll have you know I don't sound like a mere chicken.

I sound like a right cock.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:46 am

How appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:35 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Quijotesca wrote:
Korora wrote:
Hi, sin! Wink Wink Wink

Sadly, yes. Fundamentalist Christians are giving to spouting such phrases in an attempt, I think, to sound Biblical and learned.

And anyway, how can you wink at an abstract concept? You'd have to wink at the person you thought was sinning, which might give them the wrong idea. With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 961878
Wink Wink
Hi, there, sin. Haven't seen you around lately. (Okay, I have, but just go along with it, okay?) You got somethin' planned for tonight? 'Cause I'm ready for anything.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:20 am

New York voted to legalize same-sex marriage.

*cue Korora having an aneurysm*
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:57 am

Miss Misery wrote:

Razz With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 831506 With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 896582
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:42 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Miss Misery wrote:

Razz With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 831506 With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 896582

Hot stock pick of the day: KY With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 961878
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Braigwen wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Miss Misery wrote:

Hot stock pick of the day: KY With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 961878

Braigwen, have I told you how awesome you are? With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 831506
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Braigwen wrote:
For buying or selling?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
For buying or selling?

Whether going in or out, it's a choice you will feel good about.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:06 pm

lololol
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Braigwen wrote:
Sutremaine wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
For buying or selling?

With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 806714

Nicely done.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm

TheHermit wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
Sutremaine wrote:
Braigwen wrote:
For buying or selling?

With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 806714

Nicely done.

You just need a good feel for the right time to plunge a cheeky phrase into an otherwise monotonous back and forth discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With friends like these, who needs enemies?   With friends like these, who needs enemies? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

With friends like these, who needs enemies?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3