Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drunk Driving is a way of life!

Go down 
+4
Penguin
Malganis
Rabid Badger
rae
8 posters
AuthorMessage
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

Drunk Driving is a way of life! Empty
PostSubject: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:20 pm

Quote :
While speaking out against a proposed bill that would make DUI laws more strict for repeat offenders, state Rep. Alan Hale, R–Basin, said drunken driving regulations hurt local businesses and are "destroying a way of life."

His argument is that bars draw communities together, and since the only way to get there is to drive, then people HAVE to drive drunk. This has nothing to do with him running a bar. Nothing at all, no, siree. Link. I never realized that it's TOTALLY impossible for people to watch how much they drink while meeting friends at a bar, and it's just silly to think that they could wait until they sober up to leave.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:52 pm

So drinking is a way of life?

Man, all those people who spent time in rehab and went to AA are gonna be pissed!
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Shit. So now a law that fucking tries to protect people from drunk drivers is now being criticized for being anti-capitalist?

JOBSJOBSJOBSJOBSJOBSJOBS

Great job on creating those JOBS, Republicans! Hey, if a few families end up dead due to drunk drivers, that'll just make it easier, won't it? After all, it helps the emergency crew workers who have to scrape the bodies off the asphalt, the coroner, the funeral parlour owner and workers, the cemetery manager, the coffin makers...

JOBSJOBSJOBSJOBSJOBSJOBS

e: oh, also, if
Quote :
Hale describes himself as a "fiscal conservative" who "would propose cuts in spending, taxes and most importantly, regulation."
then why doesn't he work to make stuff like marijuana legal? That would take an enormous burden off the back of our prison system as thousands, if not millions, of American citizens are harshly penalized for owning and using a drug that's arguably less dangerous than alcohol...

Oh, wait, for-profit prison system. Never mind.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Man, all those people who spent time in rehab and went to AA are gonna be pissed!

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:34 am

Well, to be (somewhat) fair to the guy, this is the area of Montana he represents. So I could see how he gets the impression that getting blotto is a way of life. It isn't like there's a whole hell of a lot of other things to do.

He's still wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 7:51 am

Drunk Driving is a way of life! 724940 Rep. Hale is either stupid or insane.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:22 am

Quote :
R
We all know what I'm going to say here, but I'm too tired from a new job and moving to type it out. Just pretend I wrote something dismissive and inflammatory (maybe witty if you're feeling kind, but eh).
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:44 am

Listen guys, we shouldn't get the government involved in people's drinking habits. Looser alcohol laws will allow the wealthy to get even drunker, and thus the booze will eventally trickle down to the poor.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Well, to be (somewhat) fair to the guy, this is the area of Montana he represents. So I could see how he gets the impression that getting blotto is a way of life. It isn't like there's a whole hell of a lot of other things to do.

He's still wrong, though.

That bears an eerie resemblence to the small Iowa town I grew up in. Right down to the bar on every corner.

And yeah, your choice of entertainment (unless you had a car and could drive to Ottumwa, where they had a movie theater) was pretty much either drinking, screwing, or both. Later, in the mid-late 60s, it expanded to include using illegal drugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drunk Driving is a way of life!   Drunk Driving is a way of life! Empty

Back to top Go down

Drunk Driving is a way of life!
Page 1 of 1