Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter. Empty
PostSubject: Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter.   Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 3:13 am

Japan is half-drowning under a Tsunami, many nearby countries and the coasts of Hawaii are going to get hit with it in the next 24 hours, Australia may as well be on fire (insert joke about this being a good thing,) and Charlie Sheen is still the most talked-about peice of news on TV right now. I'd wager Justin Bieber is a close second.

Facebook, of all things, has a nice little "shame on you" going on about this:

Quote :
"Charlie Sheen is all over the news because he's a celebrity drug addict," it said, "while Andrew Wilfahrt 31, Brian Tabada 21, Rudolph Hizon 22, Chauncy Mays 25, are soldiers who gave their lives this week with no media mention. Please honor them by posting this as your status for a little while."

The status update has since gone viral, shared by tens of thousands on Facebook.

Quote :
As I looked at the names of those who’ve died in the last two weeks, I thought about my phone conversation with Jeff Wilfahrt.

“Get this on the front headlines,” he said, “and make people aware of what’s going on.

“That’s what I’d do if I was king. But I'm just an unemployed 58-year-old man in Minnesota who misses his son.”

Logically, I should be depressed that it takes things like Facebook status updates to draw a minute amount of attention to world events or the Daily Show to point out how absurd it is for Congress to say working over Christmas week is disrespectful in the face of actually getting relevant work done. I will instead choose to be slightly cheered up in the knowledge that a handful of people somewhere actually aren't intoxicated by Sheeny's crazy raving hairdo.

Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter.   Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 5:03 am

The base I'm at held a memorial for one of our cops, Senior Airman Nicholas J. Alden, one of four victims of an extremist Muslim shooter in Germany. You don't hear about him, or Airman 1st Class Zachary R. Cuddeback from Ramstein who was driving the bus, or the other two that were wounded.

Gotta know what happens to a washed-up actor that everyone insists they don't care about in a show everyone insists is too terrible for them to watch, though.

Bread and circuses, indeed.

Last edited by Penguin on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo slaying)
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter.   Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Penguin wrote:
The base I'm at held a memorial for one of our cops, Senior Airman Nicholas J. Alden, one of four victims of an extremist Muslim shooter in Germany. You don't hear about him, or Airman 1st Class Zachary R. Cuddeback from Ramstein who was driving the bus, or the other two that were wounded.

Not by name, admittedly, but the incident was on the news here. Unlike Charlie Sheen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter.   Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter. Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook meme blasts Charlie Sheen, News Media's fixation on Bullshit that Doesn't Matter.
Page 1 of 1