Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?

Go down 
+16
Sparrow
Miss Prince
Snake Bandage
Alana
kuroineko
Manny
Kitbug
DeeDee
gaijinguy
Dr. Professor Science
Animir
Ceres
Lembech
AngryRobotsInc
Delcat
Chocho
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm

My sims always had a strange penchant for making single servings of spaghetti whenever they were hungry, forgetting about everyone else in the family, entirely.

They also tend to not flush the toilet.
Back to top Go down
kuroineko

kuroineko

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:13 pm

DeeDee wrote:
They also tend to not flush the toilet.
That's based on the Cleanliness personality. I 'think' they need at least 5 points of it before they'll flush automatically.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 1:48 am

Okay, in general, are there any super awesome features in Sims 3 that make up for spontaneous spawning and stuff? I've gotten the impression that sims can actually do stuff at work, is this true?

I've been really wanting to get the Apartment Life expansion pack for Sims 2, because, well, it looks cool and I've wanted my sims to be able to live in apartments ever since I was playing Sims 1. But I didn't want to shell out $20 for something that'd be obsolete if I was going to buy Sims 3. But now I'm thinking of waiting on Sims 3 for a bit...
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 4:28 am

The patch is out now and has supposedly patched both the speed problem and the story progression toggle. Haven't tried it yet, though.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:13 am

Whenever I play 'Sims' (1 or 2) I got the feeling that... well, that they weren't so much my toys, but that I was theirs. No sooner had I managed to get them clean, fed and somewhat entertained, than it was time to go to work. Then I'd sit on my ass and twiddle my thumbs for five minutes and once they got back from work they'd be all whingy and gitty again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 4:57 pm

I just want them to ditch the parent/sibling requirement for teenagers...
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Awesomemod appears to have done that as well.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:53 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Whenever I play 'Sims' (1 or 2) I got the feeling that... well, that they weren't so much my toys, but that I was theirs. No sooner had I managed to get them clean, fed and somewhat entertained, than it was time to go to work. Then I'd sit on my ass and twiddle my thumbs for five minutes and once they got back from work they'd be all whingy and gitty again.

Actually, with the Sims 3 Lifetime Rewards, you can alleviate that. Dirt Repellent, Hardly Hungry, and Steel Bladder will give your Sims a lot more free time than in the previous games. (Another feature I like, incidentally.)
Back to top Go down
Chocho
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Chocho

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:02 am

Well, the first custom hair styles are out. :D
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
Actually, with the Sims 3 Lifetime Rewards, you can alleviate that. Dirt Repellent, Hardly Hungry, and Steel Bladder will give your Sims a lot more free time than in the previous games. (Another feature I like, incidentally.)
Steel Bladder kind of bothers me. Reducing the frequency that your Sim has to piss is one thing, but removing the need altogether? It makes me suspect that a lot of fangirls were whining at EA about their custom fan characters and Sues having to do something as horrifying and disgusting as attend to basic biological functions. "But Edward can't do THAT, he's perfect and sparkly and wonderful! Either take it out or make it so he pees rainbow unicorns."

On the other hand, it IS fun to invite Sims over when all your Sims have it and they don't...
"WHERE THE FUCK IS THE TOILET I HAVE TO GO RIGHT FUCKING NOW"
"We don't have one. More baked angel food cake? =D"
"ASHFKLSJDFHK'L;KASFD *PANTSWETTING; CRYING*"
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:23 pm

LOL Delcat

Sims 3 makes my laptop cry, so I'm putting it away until I get a better machine. Sims 2, on the other hand, stole my soul ages ago. I have all EPs and most SPs, plus over 1GB of custom content.

Those of you still on Sims 2 should check out the project I've got going: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:10 am

Since this thread got revived...anyone know if they've officially fixed the bug that came out in December? In which a "Good Night's Sleep" sends your Sims mood all the way into the red and nothing will help your Sim be happy again? I know there are fan-created patches for it, but I haven't touched Sims 3 in a month or so and don't really browse the fan sites.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:45 am

Oh Goddess, save us all. Katy Perry Sweet Treats is out. I was downtown at EB Games today talking to one of the sales clerks about Sweet Treats ("I didn't think they were serious!") and the impending Supernatural EP release and he said "look closely at [the Sweet Treats box art] - don't her eyes just stare into your soul?"

I looked closely and on the cover you can clearly see a kind of fixed look in Katy's eyes, it looks like she's trying to resemble her own self-sim. It's creepy shit, you gotta see it for yourself:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

According to the blurb on the DVD-ROM case, there's a collection of furniture made to look like baked goods and cotton candy trees to put in the neighbourhood. Pinkie Pie would have a field day. Upset

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?   Sims 3 - Yay or Nay? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 - Yay or Nay?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2