Why God, Why?

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Reviving the old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dimensia

PostSubject: Reviving the old   Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 am

The other day, I thought about a story that had been my companion all throughout highschool. Fortunately I was too busy Schlick to how awesome it was to actually complete it or even write half of it down. I still remember a lot of it though, and wondered if it could be made reasonable if I got rid of the shapeshifting teenager with godlike magic missles.

I ended up with something that looked like a mashup between Final Fantasy X and the Last Airbender, with furries.

How about your early embarrassments? What would happen if you tried to revive them?
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:01 am

Unentangling the epic!Sue from my old shame....hm. It'd be about Kaiba and Yugi gaining the power to shapeshift into dragons and using this power to defeat some evil ancient sorcerer. And maybe a card game or two in there as well, why not.
Back to top Go down
Max III
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Once many years ago I wrote a self-insert fanfic where I was a girl who was a space theorist(???) and wore expensive jeans and hooked up with Faust VIII of the manga Shaman King when I saw him dissecting Yugi of the manga Yugioh and then I smooched him and then he fainted and I abducted him to the high rise apartment I suddenly lived in(?!??!?) and I... fed him soup.

I don't even know. I didn't publish it-- I knew it was a little dumb, just not HOW DUMB-- but I wrote it with great love and care.

if I rewrote it, I don't know what the hell I would do because it's the integral plot that is the problem, not the actual writing(like I said, love and care and impeccable grammar). Maybe I would change it to not be about me as a space theorist lady

Last edited by Max III on Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding the second half of my post that I deleted the first time oops)
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   Fri May 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Hmm... let's see what we have.

Exhibit #1, several short stories about an albino lion growing up in Africa. Derivative, uninteresting.

Exhibit #2, a rewrite of Watership Down, only with wolves instead of rabbits because they are cooler. With a made-up wolfen language and names (the beta wolf was "Tilsat") and a stray Tervueren thrown in for good measure, because I was fresh from reading To Kill a Mockingbird and needed to drop a few anvils about acceptance and racism. Derivative, pedantic, and never finished.

Exhibit #3: oh Lordy. A Duran Duran RPF in which I just pulled out of my ass everything I needed to write about yacht racing and touring. Downright embarrassing.

Exhibit #4: Another RPF which could survive on its own as original fiction if I just removed the central part of the story, in which my OC switches roles with a world-weary Steve Norman. Why did I keep putting popstars in my stories, you ask? Easy, it was the only way my friends would read them. "Is Simon in it? *SQUEEEE!*"

Exhibit #5: A teenage kid finds out his runaway father was really a shapeshifting alien. This I'd continue, if I could find something for the kid to do once he finds out about his father. Like a plot of sorts, yano.
Back to top Go down
CookieCatCat

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:11 am

Actually, I don't HAVE any truly horrible stories. Characters, yes - bushels and bushels. But, when I went through my 'brainless fail Sue fangirl LIEK OMG U GAIZ KAWAII1!1!" I acted out my would-be fanfictions. I kid you not.
Back to top Go down
littlebirdy05

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:31 am

Early embarrassments? Please, most of mine are STILL embarrassments. I just have a thing for cartooning and writing, so I'd just never give it up. XD

All my fanfics are based off one particular cartoon I'd become obsessed with a while ago, and I just decided to finish those before moving on to another fandom.
Back to top Go down
Sunatic

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:53 am

Quite a lot of my early story ideas would be pretty decent even now as long as I got rid of the blatant wish-fulfillment and self-insert Mary Sues. In fact, I've been working on making the setting of an early story into a better setting. It's currently my biggest worldbuilding project.
Back to top Go down
http://nerdywitches.net
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:18 pm

No offence, Sunatic, but what you mean by 'pretty decent even now' probably means 'I can't see how I could make them better'.

Most of my early fics are pretty... well... oh, hell with it, I'll just say 'awful' and get the pain over with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviving the old   

Back to top Go down

Reviving the old
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1