Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding

Go down 
+4
karmyn31
Mikey Go WOOGA
Saleha
ZoZo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding Empty
PostSubject: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 5:00 am

In Soviet Russia... nope. Can't even make a witty remark as I'm too pissed off by this.

Quote :
A Russian advertising executive who sued her boss for sexual harassment lost her case after a judge ruled that employers were obliged to make passes at female staff to ensure the survival of the human race.

The harassment in question?
Quote :
She alleged she had been locked out of her office after she refused to have intimate relations with her 47-year-old boss.

This next quote is male entitlement at its very worst (and, unfortunately a very common manifestation):
Quote :
"He always demanded that female workers signalled to him with their eyes that they desperately wanted to be laid on the boardroom table as soon as he gave the word," she earlier told the court. "I didn't realise at first that he wasn't speaking metaphorically."

Of course, this behaviour is perfectly all right...
Quote :
The judge said he threw out the case not through lack of evidence but because the employer had acted gallantly rather than criminally.
That's right. Sexually harassing women and locking them out of their office for preferring to do their job rather than fuck some sweaty middle-aged manager is gallant.

Quote :
"If we had no sexual harassment we would have no children," the judge ruled.
I... I don't even know where to begin with this. It's more of an insight into the judge's sex life than anything else, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:21 am

Isn't it lovely how, in Russia, consent is apparently an automatic thing if you were born with a vagina! No decisions to make, which saves SO much time!~

... seriously, someone needs to Loreena Bobbitt Russia, stat. I'd volunteer, but I don't want to touch those nasty chauvinist douchebags even to cut their dicks off.

ETA: To heal our poor, bruised brains after trying to process the ridiculousness that is this judge, here an actual "In Soviet Russia..." article.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:34 am

Saleha wrote:

ETA: To heal our poor, bruised brains after trying to process the ridiculousness that is this judge, here an actual "In Soviet Russia..." article.
That definitely cheered me up.

Russia definitely needs to sort its shit out. That women have you expect this sort of treatment is absolutely vile.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Saleha wrote:

That definitely cheered me up.

Russia definitely needs to sort its shit out. That women have you expect this sort of treatment is absolutely vile.

Let me explain to you priorities.

When it's 5F below zero and you don't have electrical heat because the government has been fucking up royal for a century, sexual harassment is, at best, the second most important thing on your mind.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Mikey, did it hurt when your last brain cell died?
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:54 pm

A population shortage is no excuse for sexual harassment. I can bet you dollars to doughnuts that this sleaze ball would cut her loose the moment she got pregnant.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:01 pm

"Russian men are, very likely, the most misogynistic males on Earth." That statement was made to me by my Russian teacher back when I was in high school in 1977, when the Glorious Soviet Republic was in full-flower, and women held 50-60% of certain jobs, but still made less than half of what a man made.

Just because they're no longer Communist doesn't mean their social mores have changed. This is pretty much par for the course as to how women in Russia are still treated.
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:11 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
"Russian men are, very likely, the most misogynistic males on Earth."

That's pretty much the reason why smart, capable young women leave Russia. I had a student last quarter from Russia; she worked as a psychologist and made a third of what her male colleagues did.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding   Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 am

Saleha wrote:
someone needs to Loreena Bobbitt Russia

I think 80 proof vodka is already doing that just fine.
There was a Soviet-era poster that went:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Sexual harassment is fine as it encourages breeding
Page 1 of 1