Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Go down 
+4
Vanilla-villa
WD40
Selenite
Raine
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty
PostSubject: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 4:55 pm

Alright, I dunno if you guys have heard about this yet, but a new series of My Little Pony is out. "Oh great," I can hear you say, "another insipid girlish cartoon designed to dumb the masses and sell merchandise."

But NO! Let's take a look at what My Little Pony has given us during the generations (feel free to turn it off as soon as you want).

So how does MLP: FiM differ from these? Well, the main creator is Lauren Faust, best known for her work on The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. She's also married to Craig McCracken. She's got a lot of passion about her work, loves receiving feedback on her DeviantArt page, and one of her main goals when she started this new series was to create something that doesn't go down the route of other brain-numbing cartoons aimed for girls.

Sure, this cartoon might not be for everyone, but it's still gathered a huge following (especially on /co/ of all places). There's something very familiar when you watch it, yet refreshing. There's a bit of a Loony Tunes spirit to it whilst staying true enough to the source work of MLP. If you squint a little, you'll find a lot of interesting references (I swear there's a pony that's supposed to be Dr Who... or Dr Whoof as the case may be). The voice acting is top notch as well as the animation, and I think this is the first time in a long time that I've actually bothered to seek out a cartoon aimed for younger kids. Usually I just watch DC cartoons.

Luckily, Lauren has given her support for episodes to be shown on Youtube, and can be found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But here's part one if you want to give it a go:

Back to top Go down
Selenite

Selenite

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:29 am

Ah, this cartoon. Just recently I've been hearing about this cartoon from all over the place. I used to think "they're not the ponies that *I* grew up so therefore they suck" and the character design creeps me out a little. However all these raves about the show might change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:46 am

Selenite wrote:
Ah, this cartoon. Just recently I've been hearing about this cartoon from all over the place. I used to think "they're not the ponies that *I* grew up so therefore they suck" and the character design creeps me out a little. However all these raves about the show might change my mind.

I actually prefer these designs over the older ones (good lord, gen 3.5 was scary, they don't even look like ponies), although I was always a Care Bears fan so maybe I'm less inclined towards them since I'm lacking the nostalgia factor. But I like that the personalities are a lot more differing from what I remember. In the older ones it felt a bit same-y.

Give it a go, you might find something you like.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:27 pm

I love this series!

I'm also a thirty-year old man, watching My Little Pony, alone in a darkened room, in my pants, on a computer monitor surrounded by empty bags of crisps and mouldy old pot noodle cups...

I just creeped myself out. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 309696
Back to top Go down
Vanilla-villa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vanilla-villa

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh god, I've been seeing this spammed on 4chan constantly for the past week.
It's awesome My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 961878
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Vanilla-villa wrote:
Oh god, I've been seeing this spammed on 4chan constantly for the past week.
It's awesome My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 961878

It's the new lolcats for image macros.

I love the MLP General threads though... when they don't descend into Rule 34. But I have enough fun when there's creative threads... if only because I keep drawing OC Ponies. It feels so wrong, but they're ridiculous enough to be kinda cute (for some reason I think I've gained a stalker who keeps demanding to see more of Rainy Day). Uh, weird.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Yeah, I keep hearing this is good as well. Which is great! I have not had the chance to watch it myself, but I think I will check it out if its on youTube.

I loved those damn toys back in the day (the new one are pretty ugly though), but I did not really watch the show because it was sooo bland. I kind of enjoy the movie just because damn. I mean, goofy fucking bullshit. Anyways, I like silly, lighthearted kind of shows with magic and friendship nonsense is they are done well, so it is good to hear that people like this one.
Back to top Go down
Selenite

Selenite

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have tasted the rainbow. I think it quite tasty indeed.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 pm

I know I am necroing like a fiend here, but I just got done watching the first season. Freaking amazing. I especially loved pretty much every Rarity-centric episode, because pony fashion is just innately hysterical to me.

Also: how everyone is terrified by the Everfree forest because the plants grow wild, the animals take care of themselves, and the weather changes ALL ON ITS OWN. *horror*

My dad likes it too <3
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 1:11 pm

Rarity started out as my least favorite, but as the series went on she got more and more awesome moments and now I love her to bits. Her breakdown in Suited for Success is one of my favorite moments in the series.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:08 am

I'm actually trying to do a "fanfictionist's dissection" of this series to try and figure out what made this series so popular. I somehow got sucked in when I saw a scene someone had posted on the Escapist called "Rarity Whining" and laughed my ass off. (You might like that one, Miss Prince.)

I'll let you guys know what I think.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:37 am

All They do, is make me miss Them.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:06 am

SEASON 2!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic   My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Empty

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Page 1 of 1