Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

All of London's firefighters to be sacked

Go down 
+10
Lady Anne
Rabid Badger
Mikey Go WOOGA
Chris91
Sutremaine
Malganis
Jay/Cris
Cyberwulf
Somath Cegem
ZoZo
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

All of London's firefighters to be sacked - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All of London's firefighters to be sacked   All of London's firefighters to be sacked - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
Are these people mental?! What happens if a fire breaks out before they get the contract re-negotiated?
I imagine the timing will make it less 'get out and don't come back until you renegotiate' and more 'accept this or you don't have a salary any more'. Or they'll do it in stages so that there are firefighters left to cover the inevitable arson that will result from this.

I'm seeing a potential Monty Python sketch here, with John Cleese and Graham Chapman dressed up as women, discussing how this might be a good time for the gas main to the cooker to 'accidentally' suffer a break and catch the house on fire.

"Well, I mean, you and Eddie have been talking about moving to a larger place for a while now!"
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: All of London's firefighters to be sacked   All of London's firefighters to be sacked - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:38 am

Lady Anne wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
I think it is legal: the Tories are also stripping away various labour laws to make firing workers a lot easier.
Let me guess...the Tories are the British equivalent of the Republicans.
Neoliberal nightmares who only care about the rich? Pretty much.

Technically, our government is actually a coalition with a centre party, but the Lib Dem party are purely decorative.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: All of London's firefighters to be sacked   All of London's firefighters to be sacked - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 am

2 bits of news:
1. Firefighters look likely to compromise. I don't blame the poor sods, given what they're facing. Boo, though.
2. Loads of footballers revealed as tax dodgers. And it's worse than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: All of London's firefighters to be sacked   All of London's firefighters to be sacked - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Rich people game system to stay rich, news at 11. Not to sound like I'm a fan of professional sports or anything, but people are always far more willing to pay for entertainment than things they actually need. My mom used to be really bitter about a bunch of grown men being paid millions to play with some sort of ball on TV, while teachers get paid slightly less than what works out to minimum wage, even with summer vacation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All of London's firefighters to be sacked   All of London's firefighters to be sacked - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

All of London's firefighters to be sacked
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2