Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DeviantArt Groups

Go down 
+10
Penguin
Quijotesca
Reepicheep-chan
Seule
Tungsten Monk
Lady Anne
Just Chipper
Rabid Badger
JizzMasterZero
your mom
14 posters
AuthorMessage
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 8:04 pm

(Not sure if this should go in this category or in the 'Websites' one, but feel free to move it if I'm wrong here.)

How about a thread for "WTF?" groups on DeviantArt?

Now, I know a some of these are probably trolls (especially that first one), but they made me laugh pretty hard.

First up is ZeusBelievers, with the tagline of:

Quote :
our pasion is the jesus and zeus
ZEUS IS OUR LORD AND SAVIORS. JOIN IF YOU LOVE ZEUS AND GAY PRIDE
I feel like they might want to narrow their focus there a little bit. And surprise surprise, there's only one member.

Next up is British-Sonic-Club.

Quote :
This Group is for all British Sonic FC and Sonic fans
At first I was a bit confused by the FC and thought maybe there was a football team named Sonic, in which case that sentence would have made sense. (It might be something legitimately related to Sonic the Hedgehog; I don't know much about the fandom.) Anyway, upon entering the club, I saw that it was indeed devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, with the following rule:

Quote :
If you are not British then you cannot join or submit your artwork, although if your work features a part of Britian then it will be excepted into the group.
Is it just me, or does that seem kind of xenophobic? Okay, scratch that, definitely xenophobic, but WHY? Sonic was created by Japanese people. In Japan. I don't really understand why you'd make a fanclub about Sonic and say "only British people can join!" (and for someone so nationalist, they don't have a very good handle on their own official language).

GayHomoExpress:

Quote :
Gay Creed Dizzle
pretty gay art!! Smile Ride the train! upload and enjoy the art that is uploaded. Smile PRETTY TIME!
Okay, that one I just included because the name is AWESOME. The "art that is uploaded" consists mainly of a bunch of camwhore shots taken by one person, and some photos of dongs.

SPIRKYtheTRIBBLE.

I still can't quite figure out what this group is actually devoted to, but the closest guess I can make is that it's about tribbles from Star Trek. Apparently one particular tribble, which I can guarantee was NOT called "Spirky" in the show. So I dunno if it's a fictional tribble, or...

Quote :
WELCOME! to this fan group!
Dedicated to the most awesome tribble in the universe;
SPIRKY!!!
But of course all other tribbles are more than welcome as well!!
Which is all right: tribbles are kinda cute. Except:

Quote :
Sung to the tune of "Sweet Adeline"

Sweet Spirky mine,
You are so fine...
At night,dear heart,
For you I pine...
In all my dreams,
Your fur face beams...
You're the tribble of my heart,
Sweet Spirky mine,
Sweeeeet Spirrrrrky miiiiiiine!
DeviantArt Groups 724940
Back to top Go down
JizzMasterZero
Klingon Bastard
Klingon Bastard
JizzMasterZero

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 9:40 pm

Draco-Edward-love

Because Full Metal Alchemist and Harry Potter are basically the same thing, and so we mush slash them.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:43 pm

I kind've feel sorry for the lone gay person who worships Zeuss. I'm assuming they're gay, since you have to love Zeuss and Gay Pride to belong.

Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
I kind've feel sorry for the lone gay person who worships Zeuss. I'm assuming they're gay, since you have to love Zeuss and Gay Pride to belong.

I figured it was probably a troll, but you never know...

Here's a quote from the admin post:

Quote :
This is the name of Jesus is the son of a very exclusive club of highly Mount Olympus Zeus Christ toaster. we prohiibt harrasment of any very serious, i will cry u. we believe this is you do not control!
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 6:02 am

I've been trolling this group for a little while, now. It may be the biggest concentration of complete manchildren I've ever seen on the entire website.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:58 am

your mom wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:

I figured it was probably a troll, but you never know...

Here's a quote from the admin post:

Quote :
This is the name of Jesus is the son of a very exclusive club of highly Mount Olympus Zeus Christ toaster. we prohiibt harrasment of any very serious, i will cry u. we believe this is you do not control!
Someone needs to block Babelfish for this guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
I've been trolling this group for a little while, now. It may be the biggest concentration of complete manchildren I've ever seen on the entire website.

I really kind've want to stir the hornet's nest by pointing out to them that the Japanese regularly print yaoi comics staring male characters from popular franchises. Final Fantasy VII has a butt-load of them, if you'll pardon the pun; and a lot of them involve Cloud and Sephiroth (try typing Final Fantasy VII yaoi into the search engine on Ebay and see what comes up).

Also, I thought Deviantart didn't allow full male nudity. All I've ever come across is kissing and the occasional guy with their shirt off, but none of it comes close to what you'd find at y! Gallery. On the other hand, they seem to have no trouble with dickgirls (see the 'Sexy Santa' in the Godawful Art Thread), but apparently the idea of actual male peen sends them into a panic.

Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:

Also, I thought Deviantart didn't allow full male nudity. All I've ever come across is kissing and the occasional guy with their shirt off, but none of it comes close to what you'd find at y! Gallery. On the other hand, they seem to have no trouble with dickgirls (see the 'Sexy Santa' in the Godawful Art Thread), but apparently the idea of actual male peen sends them into a panic.

Well, there's definitely a bunch of peen in that group. Must have slipped under the radar?
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm

I thought the issue was only with erections? I remember that flaccid penises tend to get the pass-by, but erect ones, dripping fluids etc. are supposed to be against the rules. Though maybe it's been revised since I looked last.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Okay, WTF:

Secretly-Bill-Gates

Quote :
There is a princess who is secretly Bill Gates, who is secretly pregnant with 8 babies for 9 years.
.....WHAT??
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Kinda reminds me of that guy whose fursona was a "wereJohnCandy." There's all kinds of lunatics out there.

And here's my contribution: AmiXsonic, the club dedicated to the true, true love of Sailor Mercury and Sonic the Hedgehog. I mentioned this one in the general DA thread, but I thought it merited a second glance. It's rather . . . special.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 4:40 am

Tungsten Monk wrote:
I thought the issue was only with erections? I remember that flaccid penises tend to get the pass-by, but erect ones, dripping fluids etc. are supposed to be against the rules. Though maybe it's been revised since I looked last.

I believe that it's something along the lines of "no 'stimulated' penises or vaginae" (stimulated meaning aroused) but it seems to be one of those things on deviantart that people get angry about a lot - a lot more seems to get by the mods when it comes to female nudity than male. Possibly because most of the mods are dudes.
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
your mom

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:41 am

Tungsten Monk wrote:

And here's my contribution: AmiXsonic, the club dedicated to the true, true love of Sailor Mercury and Sonic the Hedgehog. I mentioned this one in the general DA thread, but I thought it merited a second glance. It's rather . . . special.
My God. I think I actually stumbled across that group months back and went, "WTF". My "WTF" is no less now than it was then. And that picture cannot be unseen.

Draco-NinjaStalking
Quote :
The Draco Ninja Stalking Group is all about trying to stalk Draco Malfoy as much as we can.
Stalking a fictional character... How does that work, exactly? Still, I guess better that they're channelling their urges into stalking a fictional character and not a real person.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Seule wrote:
Tungsten Monk wrote:

I believe that it's something along the lines of "no 'stimulated' penises or vaginae" (stimulated meaning aroused) but it seems to be one of those things on deviantart that people get angry about a lot - a lot more seems to get by the mods when it comes to female nudity than male. Possibly because most of the mods are dudes.

That sounds about right. I have a fair amount of friends who draw slash/yaoi, and post to both DA and y! Gallery, and they frequently complain about having to 'clean up' some of their art if they want to post it to DA, since full-frontal male nudity is pretty much a fact of life on y!

AS for the Draconinjastalkers-Why ninjas? Can't they just stalk him as muggles or possible wizard candidates? And how does one go about 'stalking' a fictional person?

Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:01 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
That sounds about right. I have a fair amount of friends who draw slash/yaoi, and post to both DA and y! Gallery, and they frequently complain about having to 'clean up' some of their art if they want to post it to DA, since full-frontal male nudity is pretty much a fact of life on y!
As long as they are human dongs. The second you start adding frilly alien crap to your phalluses y! freaks out, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 pm

There are two groups for Christian Sonic fans.
One
Two
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Rabid Badger wrote:
As long as they are human dongs. The second you start adding frilly alien crap to your phalluses y! freaks out, apparently.

Oh Lord, the drama! Basically, what happened was that the mods ruled that it was okay to draw guys dressed in women's clothing as long as they retained some aspect of male anatomy (i.e., child-bearing hips and mini-boobs were right out). The resultant wailing of 'persecution' from the full-blown tranny fans was probably heard somewhere in Southeast Asia.

There was also the kerfluffle over furries, which I would imagine ED probably has an article about, given the amount of fapping that went on.

I kind of ignored both since I had no interest in either, but I think they finally sorted it out to the various fans satisfaction. Can't be sure, because I don't visit y! that often any more.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Quijotesca wrote:
There are two groups for Christian Sonic fans.
One
Two

Okay. I've obviously been spending way too much time on ED, because I thought they were groups for fans of Christ-chan's Sonic comics. Which would possibly make more sense than Christian Sonic fans, if not for the fact that both require anyone who joins to not just be a Christian themselves, they also require that you write the Sonic characters as being Christians who believe that Jesus is their Savior. I find this a bit hard to swallow, given that the Sonic franchise originated in Japan, and I don't seem to recall the games ever suggesting the characters held any religious beliefs at all.

I'm not sure what the predominate religion in Japan is, but I'd lay good money it's NOT Christianity.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Not only that, but IIRC there isn't a Sonic universe where events shown take place on Earth. Soooo... Christian Space Alien Anthropomorphic Animals as Seen through the Eyes of the Japanese?
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:00 am

Actually, in the comics, at least, Mobius is a far, far future Earth after humanity is gone. That hardly makes it any more believable; did they find a bible that miraculously hasn't turned to dust somewhere?
Back to top Go down
Quijotesca
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Quijotesca

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Contemplating opening an account on DA for a trolly conversion fic I wrote. (I'm sad it hasn't shown up here yet. DeviantArt Groups 309696 I posted it elswhere) I couldn't find a group for the specific fandom I wrote for but there's no shortage of Christian groups. Doing a rundown of some of the weirdly specific ones, a list of furry Christian groups (or just weird animal ones), and anime/manga/video games because I'm just curious how many there are.

"Christian religious themed Horror Action Adventure stories"
Autistic Christians
Worriors Of Christ DeviantArt Groups 961878
Queer Christians
Christian Spider-Man Roleplay O...K!
Christian colorists

Christian Furs
Christian Furriez
Some kind of Christian horse group
Christian Therian
Christian dragons
Christian animal lovers

Pokemon
Christian Otakus
Christian manga
More Pokemon stuff
Kingdom Hearts
Christian cosplayers
Animeiesu

Somehow the Straight and Proud group showed up while searching
"This is a fan club for this dude that looks like Jesus at school xD"
Kung Fu Action Jesus Just posting 'cause it sounds awesome
Christian Hardcore cracks me up for some reason DeviantArt Groups 367135

But not what I was looking for. Aw.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Quote :
Worriors Of Christ

I'm going to assume that's supposed to be 'Warriors.' Unless it's a group for borderline agnostics suffering from anxiety disorder.

Last edited by Rabid Badger on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
not specified

not specified

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:35 pm

There are many ... noteworthy clubs on deviantart, however my favourite one remains the Putin-Medvedev-slash-fanclub. Its existence alone is just beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Grimley Fieendish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Grimley Fieendish

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:47 pm

your mom wrote:

Next up is British-Sonic-Club.

Quote :
This Group is for all British Sonic FC and Sonic fans
At first I was a bit confused by the FC and thought maybe there was a football team named Sonic, in which case that sentence would have made sense. (It might be something legitimately related to Sonic the Hedgehog; I don't know much about the fandom.) Anyway, upon entering the club, I saw that it was indeed devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, with the following rule:

Quote :
If you are not British then you cannot join or submit your artwork, although if your work features a part of Britian then it will be excepted into the group.
Is it just me, or does that seem kind of xenophobic? Okay, scratch that, definitely xenophobic, but WHY? Sonic was created by Japanese people. In Japan. I don't really understand why you'd make a fanclub about Sonic and say "only British people can join!" (and for someone so nationalist, they don't have a very good handle on their own official language).

DeviantArt Groups 724940

I might have a explanation for the British Sonic Club...
Basically, it has to do with the British version of the Sonic comic, in the 1990's...
Unlike the U.S version, which was published once a month, the British version was a weekly, with the result, there was a risk of running out of material to publish...
As a result, the British publisher (Marvel U.K) commissioned & published new material, with the consent of Sega U.K, in the form of new comic strips, & stories that effectively massively expanded the Sonic Universe, in a similar manner to the Transformers comic franchise, also published by Marvel U.K at the time...
For Example, Mecha-Sonic from the Sonic CD game was given both a name (Mechanix), & a back story in the U.K comic, unlike the U.S...
(In addition, there's a nice little in-joke concerning the "Easter Egg" image from said game, which has Tails wearing a leather driving helmet, in the driver's seat of a 1960's green and yellow Lotus 7 sports car... If you take a look at the registration plate for said car (KAR 920C) however, & know your British Cult T.V, you realise that said vehicle is Number 6's car from The Prisoner....).
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Nazis.

You know it's a DA group because they have a category for things that aren't anime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DeviantArt Groups Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeviantArt Groups   DeviantArt Groups Empty

Back to top Go down

DeviantArt Groups
Page 1 of 1