Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medal of Honor = girly

Go down 
+8
Tungsten Monk
Adagio
myeerah
Soylent Green
Chris91
Jesus.
Alhazred
ZoZo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Medal of Honor = girly Empty
PostSubject: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 5:52 am

I felt I had to share this blogpost

Quote :
The Medal of Honor will be awarded this afternoon to Army Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta for his heroism in Afghanistan, and deservedly so. He took a bullet in his protective vest as he pulled one soldier to safety, and then rescued the sergeant who was walking point and had been taken captive by two Taliban, whom Sgt. Giunta shot to free his comrade-in-arms.
Good on him.

Quote :
This is just the eighth Medal of Honor awarded during our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Sgt. Giunta is the only one who lived long enough to receive his medal in person.
Really, well done Sgt Giunta. That's pretty awesome.

Quote :
But I have noticed a disturbing trend in the awarding of these medals, which few others seem to have recognized.

We have feminized the Medal of Honor.
Apparently now it's pink and covered in glitter.

Quote :
According to Bill McGurn of the Wall Street Journal, every Medal of Honor awarded during these two conflicts has been awarded for saving life. Not one has been awarded for inflicting casualties on the enemy. Not one.
Apparently, heroism is all about killing, and nothing about saving lives.

I have skipped a bit in the middle where the author masturbates about how awesome killing is.

Quote :
I would suggest our culture has become so feminized that we have become squeamish at the thought of the valor that is expressed in killing enemy soldiers through acts of bravery. We know instinctively that we should honor courage, but shy away from honoring courage if it results in the taking of life rather than in just the saving of life. So we find it safe to honor those who throw themselves on a grenade to save their buddies.
Healing is so girly. REAL MEN BLOW SHIT UP.

Quote :
Jesus, in words often cited in ceremonies such as the one which will take place this afternoon, said, “Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends” (John 15:13). So it is entirely right that we honor this kind of bravery and self-sacrifice, which is surely an imitation of the Lord of lords and King of kings.
Self sacrifice is manly. It involves big manly bombs.

Quote :
However, Jesus’ act of self-sacrifice would ultimately have been meaningless - yes, meaningless - if he had not inflicted a mortal wound on the enemy while giving up his own life.
Now, maybe I've forgotten a vital section of the Bible, but I'm sure there wasn't a bit where Jesus threw the cross down on the Romans while screaming "I'M TAKING ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WITH ME". If there was, I'm fairly sure I'd be religious.

Quote :
The significance of the cross is not just that Jesus laid down his life for us, but that he defeated the enemy of our souls in the process. It was on the cross that he crushed the head of the serpent. It was on the cross that “he disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in it” (Colossians 2:15).

The cross represented a cosmic showdown between the forces of light and the forces of darkness, and our commanding general claimed the ultimate prize by defeating our unseen enemy and liberating an entire planet from his bondage.

We rightly honor those who give up their lives to save their comrades. It’s about time we started also honoring those who kill bad guys.
Again with that. I want to borrow this guy's Bible. It sounds awesome.

So yes. Apparently the Medal of Honor is fucking girly these days, and Jesus was a bloke and he was really manly and he KILLED EVERYONE.

I think that's the gist, anyway.

Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 am

Quote :
Now, maybe I've forgotten a vital section of the Bible, but I'm sure there wasn't a bit where Jesus threw the cross down on the Romans while screaming "I'M TAKING ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WITH ME". If there was, I'm fairly sure I'd be religious.

He seems to be confusing the Bible with Castlevania.

Quote :
Quote :
I would suggest our culture has become so feminized that we have become squeamish at the thought of the valor that is expressed in killing enemy soldiers through acts of bravery. We know instinctively that we should honor courage, but shy away from honoring courage if it results in the taking of life rather than in just the saving of life. So we find it safe to honor those who throw themselves on a grenade to save their buddies.
Healing is so girly. REAL MEN BLOW SHIT UP.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:34 am

I feel like this is somehow relevant.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 9:04 am

Bryan Fischer is an idiot. Even Coulter would have more sense than to make these kinds of deranged comments about the Medal of Honor's color.
Back to top Go down
Soylent Green
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Soylent Green

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 am

I never, ever thought I would type these words: make sure you read the comments. They're the best part of that entire thing. I think this one might be my favorite:

Quote :
Return to the ways of your Fathers! Why have we rejected the Aesir? Why have we traded Thor, the defender of Midgard, for a Middle Eastern faith of meekness? When will we learn nothing worthwhile comes from there? The Halls of Valhalla beckon brother. The old ways still are in your heart, embrace them.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:17 pm

Soylent Green wrote:
I never, ever thought I would type these words: make sure you read the comments. They're the best part of that entire thing. I think this one might be my favorite:

Quote :
Return to the ways of your Fathers! Why have we rejected the Aesir? Why have we traded Thor, the defender of Midgard, for a Middle Eastern faith of meekness? When will we learn nothing worthwhile comes from there? The Halls of Valhalla beckon brother. The old ways still are in your heart, embrace them.

I'm halfway through the page and I have yet to see a comment in support of this douche. Is...is that a sparkle of faith in humanity?
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Soylent Green wrote:
I never, ever thought I would type these words: make sure you read the comments. They're the best part of that entire thing.

Oh my god, they really really are. They made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. =D

Also Jesus., I love that comic to little bits.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:31 pm

Ohhh, yeah, I've been following this. The conservative and military bloggers jumped all over this guy. Between the use of "feminization" as a pejorative and the implication that saving a fellow soldier's life is a less than worthy accomplishment, he's pissed off just about everybody possible.

Staff Sgt. Giunta is a hero. Fischer is a twit.

ETA: seconding the love for Manly Guys Doing Manly Things. Frickin' brilliant.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Aww, the comments have restored my faith in humanity (or maybe that's just the margaritas I've consumed tonight). Jesus, love the comic :D
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:33 pm

A christian conservative saying something stupid?

Well I never!
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Those comments are awesome. But the one that I feel is the biggest nutshot is this:

Quote :
Why would you write an editorial that has the effect of diminishing the heroism of Staff Sgt. Giunta? Putting aside any discussion of the validity of your stated point, the timing, content, and title of your editorial insults the heroes to whom so many of us are extremely grateful. I cannot fathom the motives you must have for insulting service members who deserve so much of our esteem. I can only conclude that you must be similar to Fred Phelps, who professes to be Christian, but who insults and inflicts suffering and outrage on other human beings, including families of fallen heroes, JUST TO GET ATTENTION. As a Christian and an American, I feel obliged to denounce both your message and the manner you chose to present it.

Shot to the nuts.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 am

I love how someone posted Luke 9:54-56 like, 10 times down the page. I love when you can use bible verses against bible thumping idiots.

The Bible wrote:
Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

Oh, and this little diddy down the page:
Commenter down the page wrote:
This all sounds kind of familiar. Oh, I know: "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter." - Adolph Hitler, "My New Order", 1922 Well done.

Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Saw it on FSTDT before here. Still funny.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:03 pm

[quote="Jesus."]Oh, and this little diddy down the page:
This all sounds kind of familiar. Oh, I know: "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter." - Adolph Hitler, "My New Order", 1922 Well done.

I'm wondering now how many Christians, if you read this to them without telling them who wrote it, would immediately embrace it as gospel truth? I have this sinking feeling it would be a much larger number than one would hope for.

Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 pm

[quote="Rabid Badger"]
Jesus. wrote:
Oh, and this little diddy down the page:

I'm wondering now how many Christians, if you read this to them without telling them who wrote it, would immediately embrace it as gospel truth? I have this sinking feeling it would be a much larger number than one would hope for.

Don't lose hope yet, Badger. The "not as a sufferer but as a fighter" and "these Jews for what they were" is kind of a giveaway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medal of Honor = girly   Medal of Honor = girly Empty

Back to top Go down

Medal of Honor = girly
Page 1 of 1