Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NaNo Soundtracks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:20 am

Kel's been asking for instrumental recs in the chatbox, and I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we can share our writing soundtracks and find tunes for each other.

Personally, I definitely plan on using Rainy Mood for atmosphere.

I tend not to listen to music while I do other things because I find it too interesting, and I get distracted. But I thought I might give it a try this year. I'm looking for some tracks with a noir feel to them, to get me in the narrative spirit. Any recs?
Back to top Go down
VampireNaomi

VampireNaomi

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 am

Since my story is based on the anime version of Zorro, I'm going to compile a playlist of Latino music. I don't know this genre too well aside from the most known artists, so any recs would be appreciated.

Miss Prince wrote:
I'm looking for some tracks with a noir feel to them, to get me in the narrative spirit. Any recs?

If you're okay with instrumental music, I think you might enjoy some tracks from the Grim Fandango sountrack. Here are a few samples.

Blue Hector
Manny's Office
Mr. Frustration Man
Glottis' Shop
Café Exterior

Okay, what the heck. I could pretty much list the whole soundtrack. You can find all the tracks here.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 10:44 am

If anyone has access to pandora (or any other internet radio stations that work like it), I've personally found that making a Hans Zimmer-themed station turns up a lot of good music. And I try to only listen to instrumental while I write because it gets me in the feel for writing without distracting me with words and human voices.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:04 am

VampireNaomi wrote:
Since my story is based on the anime version of Zorro, I'm going to compile a playlist of Latino music. I don't know this genre too well aside from the most known artists, so any recs would be appreciated.

Miss Prince wrote:
I'm looking for some tracks with a noir feel to them, to get me in the narrative spirit. Any recs?

If you're okay with instrumental music, I think you might enjoy some tracks from the Grim Fandango sountrack. Here are a few samples.

Blue Hector
Manny's Office
Mr. Frustration Man
Glottis' Shop
Café Exterior

Okay, what the heck. I could pretty much list the whole soundtrack. You can find all the tracks here.

Ooh, these are great! Thank you! Yeah, like Inky, I prefer instrumental tracks because they're somewhat less distracting (at least, I'm less likely to be compelled to sing along with them Razz)
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:50 pm

I'm compiling a playlist for Turnabout Assassins at the moment. So far I've only got two tracks.

The overall theme for the fic is And the Hero Will Drown. I'm also using Life is a Highway, which is Klavier's manager's theme. The others will come to me as I get going.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 am

Oh, excellent thread, MP! NaNo Soundtracks 777742

My eternal rec is, of course, the Children of Dune soundtrack, in its entirety. In particular, "The Arrival of Lady Jessica," "House Atreides," "Inama Nushif," and "The Jihad" are great tracks to grab.

Now, in terms of noir... Hm. What about the soundtrack to The Incredibles?
The Glory Days
Kronos Unveiled
Lithe or Death
Each of those has a slightly different feel, but if you like them, then the rest of the soundtrack is probably worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 am

If you want something that sounds interesting and dramatic, try the recent Sherlock Holmes soundtrack.

Also great fodder is The Requiem for a Dream soundtrack. And long too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NaNo Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: NaNo Soundtracks   NaNo Soundtracks Empty

Back to top Go down

NaNo Soundtracks
Page 1 of 1