Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced

Go down 
+3
Mr.Doobie
Mikey Go WOOGA
Just Chipper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced Empty
PostSubject: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

List of inductees:

Quote :
Alice Cooper
Beastie Boys
Bon Jovi
Chic
Neil Diamond
Donovan
Dr. John
J. Geils Band
LL Cool J
Darlene Love
Laura Nyro
Donna Summer
Joe Tex
Tom Waits
Chuck Willis

So, what do you guys think? I think Alice Cooper is a dead cert, but I'm surprised at the decision to nominate LL Cool J. I dig me some older Hip-Hop but, unlike the Beastie Boys, he never really incorporated any R&R elements to his music, did he? He certainly never pioneered any of them.

Also obligatory "No Rush/Yes/King Crimson/Emerson, Lake & Palmer/Progressive Rock band you most likely dislike nomination!?!? THIS IS BULLSHIT!! Angry " remarks, just to get them out of the way.

Last edited by Just Chipper on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot my emote)
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Rush is fucking earsplittingly horrible.

And LL Cool J is not rock nor roll.

That Alice Cooper isn't already in discredits the entire joke of an organization.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:07 pm

The rock n' roll Hall of Fame may well be a joke but...

Quote :
but I'm surprised at the decision to nominate LL Cool J. I dig me some older Hip-Hop but, unlike the Beastie Boys, he never really incorporated any R&R elements to his music, did he? He certainly never pioneered any of them.

He rocks harder than Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. They were inducted two years ago, I believe. Also: hip-hop and rap are a form of rock n' roll, in the sense that they are derived from rock. Also, the Beasties may have been rap-rock to begin with, but their sound after License to Ill was more alternative and experimental.

Also: What pisses me off more is that the Hall is finally starting to recognize hip-hop artists, but Run-DMC hasn't been inducted yet. But Donovan, Bon Jovi, and the Dave Clark Five are? What the fuck is this shit?
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
He rocks harder than Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. They were inducted two years ago, I believe.
If I recall correctly, Grandmaster Flash was only inducted [who was outvoted by somebody else] on the basis that no Hip-Hop artists/groups had been inducted yet and those in control of the board were worried of being labelled as "racist", maybe?

Quote :
Also: What pisses me off more is that the Hall is finally starting to recognize hip-hop artists, but Run-DMC hasn't been inducted yet.
Run-DMC was inducted in 2009. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:22 pm

That gives me an excuse to post this:

Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm

I read where KISS is apparently throwing a hissy fit that they weren't nomiated. Guys, Alice Cooper did the same schtick as you, he did it before you were even formed, he did it better, AND he had a sense of humor about it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:48 pm

Just Chipper wrote:
Run-DMC was inducted in 2009. Razz

Shocked

Well don't I feel sheepish.

However, my original point still stands, there have been many lesser rock acts with little to no lasting influence on music inducted into the Hall (ie: Donovan or Dave Clark Five) while hundreds of better acts have been routinely ignored (ie: King Crimson, Alice Cooper, Afrika Baambataa)

Quote :
I read where KISS is apparently throwing a hissy fit that they weren't nomiated. Guys, Alice Cooper did the same schtick as you, he did it before you were even formed, he did it better, AND he had a sense of humor about it.

Wait, KISS doesn't have a sense of humor? scratch

I always thought KISS was the biggest trolling spree in music. They have a KISS casket for God's sake.

(not only that, but I would argue that, while I'm not a huge KISS fan, they enough of a lasting influence to count for the Hall of Fame)
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:57 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

However, my original point still stands, there have been many lesser rock acts with little to no lasting influence on music inducted into the Hall (ie: Donovan or Dave Clark Five) while hundreds of better acts have been routinely ignored (ie: King Crimson, Alice Cooper, Afrika Baambataa)

Quote :

Wait, KISS doesn't have a sense of humor? scratch

I always thought KISS was the biggest trolling spree in music. They have a KISS casket for God's sake.

(not only that, but I would argue that, while I'm not a huge KISS fan, they enough of a lasting influence to count for the Hall of Fame)

Oh, I wouldn't argue that they've had a lasting influence on music (I was in high school when they first hit it big, and I freely admit to playing their songs on any jukebox I encountered). They just apparently don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to not being nominated.

And if you want to get technical, Iggy Pop and the Stooges were doing Alice Cooper long before Cooper existed. Does anyone know if Iggy's been nominated?
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:58 am

Until Duran Duran get nominated and inducted into the Hall of Fame, it will always be considered a joke by me.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 6:00 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
And if you want to get technical, Iggy Pop and the Stooges were doing Alice Cooper long before Cooper existed. Does anyone know if Iggy's been nominated?

Iggy Pop is already in, I think they were just put in last year.
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:46 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Iggy Pop is already in, I think they were just put in last year.
This year actually.

This group is underrated, I don't get why so many people I know hate them.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:16 am

>mfw some stoner thought Donovan was rock near me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How about the RRHOF adopt a new rule? Any inductees have to ACTUALLY rock and/or roll.

Then permaban any fool folk singers already in The Hall.

Good? Good. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced   Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2011 Nominees Announced
Page 1 of 1