Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada

Go down 
+2
Vilecat
Reepicheep-chan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada Empty
PostSubject: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:01 pm

The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada by Pizearke Silverwing

This is a Get Fuzzy fanfic. Get Fuzzy is one of possibly a dozen current newspaper comics that do not totally blow, and it is about a guy and his pet cat and dog. The dog is named Satchel and the cat is named Bucky. Their personalities are irrelevant because, well the author writes like this:
Quote :
I don't have losers block because I loser at a mile a minute. :-D

Location: I'm a cheesehead (That means I was born in wisconsin. Those of you who didn't know that, move out of your mother's basement). I'm very sophisticated. I watch the box with moving pictures. Razz. Seriously, though, I'm the master unsophisticated.

So, our epic fanfiction begins with... the dog eating cheese with his owner's dad... somewhere... for some reason.

Quote :
"Funny thing is, I don't really like American cheese!" Satchel said to his owner's dad, Francis. "Well it makes sense, where you're from."
Satchel: What do you mean 'where I'm from'?
Francis: Just, you know, people's culture's differ by location and that affects diet and-
Satchel: Oh I see how it is. I'm different from you because of where I'm from.
Francis: I just meant-
Satchel: Where am I from? Who cares, it's not here, right? Right?
Francis: D:

So Rob, the dog's owner, walks in and mentions that Satchel is 1/8 Duck Tolling Retriever (which is a real kind of dog, btw), which somehow means he was born in Canada. Satchel takes is well.
Quote :
Satchel fainted. Later that day, Satchel asked "My Dad was from Canada?
Hey, if that is what the plot says.

Quote :
Rob laughed and said "He was from a town called Cheticamp, but his dad was from Brittany." Satchels jaw dropped "Brittany? Like the Spaniels? But they're French!" Bucky laughed hard. "Satchel's granddog was a Frenchie?"
Haha, that Bucky and his casual racism.

Anyway, the dog starts studying Canada and him and the cat have a hiLARious exchange where the dog corrects the vaguely insulting-sounding and factually incorrect remarks the cat aims in Canada's general direction. Then Rob has an exciting announcement-question:

Quote :
"How about a trip guys!" Satchel said, "Okay!"

A fight quickly breaks out.
Quote :
Bucky said, "Ooh! I want to go to Siam!" "Bucky-" "C'mon, what do you have against it?" "Well, first it doesn't exist anymore." "WHO CARES? I WANT TO GO THERE!"
"We are from a residence of Siam! There is no finer cat than I am!"

Turns out your opinion is not of much import when you are a house cat, though. So, it if off to Canada!

Oh wait, nevermind, the fic is over.

Quote :
"Everyone in Canada speaks English, 20 watt!" Rob looked at Bucky "Not in Quebec." "I said 'Canada'"
Ah hahaha ha!
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:22 am

This fic is insulting me Upset
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 pm

dear fanfic writer, the dog from the comic is more of a Boxer breed or more likly a mutt. the kind you mention would not show up in his DNA.

also please be steppping away from Canada I'm trying to enjoy the mild weather before we get snow(bets say snowfall in Winnipeg by November 3erd)

thanks, me
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm amazed to say this is the first time I've seen Get Fuzzy fanfiction.. I thought the fandom was so obscure it'd never show up. Looks like I'm out $50.
Back to top Go down
talonotw

talonotw

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Y'know, I read Get Fuzzy, and I think what's up there was pulled right from the strips. I remember that 'quebec' exchange in particular, and Satchel did indeed turn out to be from canada. Dunno for sure, though.
Back to top Go down
Pierre Gringoire

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:19 am

kelly wrote:
dear fanfic writer, the dog from the comic is more of a Boxer breed or more likly a mutt. the kind you mention would not show up in his DNA.

also please be steppping away from Canada I'm trying to enjoy the mild weather before we get snow(bets say snowfall in Winnipeg by November 3erd)

thanks, me

Satchel's part Shar Pei and part Labrador Retriever. His parents do actually reside in Canada.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:11 am

talonotw wrote:
Y'know, I read Get Fuzzy, and I think what's up there was pulled right from the strips.
I have not read enough Get Fuzzy to confirm or deny that statement.
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:09 am

talonotw wrote:
Y'know, I read Get Fuzzy, and I think what's up there was pulled right from the strips. I remember that 'quebec' exchange in particular, and Satchel did indeed turn out to be from canada. Dunno for sure, though.
And judging by the time it came out, that would explain the bad Québec joke (the whole separating thing is pretty much dead now).

I also don't recall reading that particular strip, so I can't confirm or deny this either.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:43 pm

huh, well okay then...I clearly need to read more comic strips
Back to top Go down
talonotw

talonotw

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Well after getting off my lazy arse and checking wikipedia..

Quote :
An overweight, naïve, friendly, and easily amused dog, Satchel Pooch is the second member of the odd "family". His father, named Copernicus, a Labrador Retriever and retired guide dog, and his mother, a Shar Pei, live in Cheticamp, Nova Scotia. His father, one of a long line of guard dogs and Army dogs, was disappointed that Satchel had changed his name from "Number 8" to Satchel and also that he had become a "house dog". He has been alleged by Joe, a friend of his sports fanatic "owner" Rob Wilco, to be named after baseball player Satchel Paige.

Still found no source on the actual set of strips though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada   The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fuzzy Crew Goes To Canada
Page 1 of 1