Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Baby dies in 11 year old's care

Go down 
+12
Grunge
grmblfjx
Braigwen
Lady Anne
Miss Prince
OzymandiasBowie
ZoZo
Kitbug
theweirdkind
Mr.Doobie
Saleha
kadytheredpanda
16 posters
AuthorMessage
kadytheredpanda

kadytheredpanda

Baby dies in 11 year old's care Empty
PostSubject: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Source.

Quote :

An 11-year-old baby sitter in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, has been charged in the death of a 2-year-old, authorities said.

The baby sitter is accused of felony murder and cruelty to children, according to Lt. Steve Rose, spokesman for the Sandy Springs Police Department.

The baby sitter, who is a daughter of a co-worker of the victim's mother, was caring for Zyda White late Saturday. The mother of the 2-year-old called 911 from the baby sitter's home after returning to pick up her child, police said.

Dammit, I hate when babies die! Baby dies in 11 year old's care 309696 The autopsy results determined "blunt-force trauma to her head, torso and buttocks." The girl maintains that the baby simply "[fell] out of bed." Now I know that the human body is fragile in general (especially newborn and toddler bodies), but something sounds suspicious here. I mean, BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA. On a BABY. Baby dies in 11 year old's care 309696

Quote :

The 11-year-old was taken Tuesday to the Metro Youth Detention Center in Fulton County.

It was unclear whether the case will be handled by juvenile authorities.

I'll stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:57 pm

... am I the only one who's thinking "Who the hell entrusts their toddler to an 11-year-old?"

Because seriously, it doesn't matter how well you know the kid or her parents, that does not seem a good idea in the universe I am inhabiting.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
kadytheredpanda

kadytheredpanda

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:00 pm

Saleha wrote:
... am I the only one who's thinking "Who the hell entrusts their toddler to an 11-year-old?"

Because seriously, it doesn't matter how well you know the kid or her parents, that does not seem a good idea in the universe I am inhabiting.

I concur.

The article stated that the mother of the babysitter was around, but even that would make me go "uh... no."
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Why was an 11-year old babysitting a two-year old?
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:05 pm

I wasn't even allowed to stay home alone at 11-years-old, let alone babysit a two-year-old when I was that age.
Back to top Go down
kadytheredpanda

kadytheredpanda

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Why was an 11-year old babysitting a two-year old?

The hell I know.

I was allowed to stay home alone around that age, but that was with the conditions that I wouldn't turn on the stove, open the door to "strangers," and do anything else stupid. All I did was mostly just watch TV and... that's it.

Then again, I was never entrusted to take care of a child during that time. I may have been mature overall at the time, but I was still a kid. I could barely take care of myself, let alone a toddler.
Back to top Go down
Kitbug
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kitbug

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:12 pm

I babysat a two-year-old when I was 11. It's not unheard of, and it's not unreasonable for an older kid to keep an eye on a younger one for a couple hours.
Back to top Go down
http://kitbug.livejournal.com
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Saleha wrote:

Makes sense in the Babysitters Club universe.

Mind, that's also a universe in which people can experience at least fifteen summer holidays without ageing at all, and wearing mismatched Doc Martens is the coolest thing you can do.
Back to top Go down
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:08 pm

I wasn't hired to or asked to babysit until I was sixteen.

I sincerely doubt that the toddler merely fell out of bed. Toddlers are the most vocal and temperamental children I've ever worked with. They also tire easily and get super pissy. I don't doubt that the eleven-year-old lost her temper and took it out on the child.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 5:26 pm

MALLORY WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:42 pm

My mother had me watch my 2-year-old sister when I was 9. Of course, there were plenty of trusted adults nearby to help if things got out of hand.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
My mother had me watch my 2-year-old sister when I was 9. Of course, there were plenty of trusted adults nearby to help if things got out of hand.

I think that is part of the problem here. The adults who left a toddler in the care of someone that young with no supervision should be the ones arrested. Someone that young does not have the emotional capacity to take care of a young child. They, themselves are still very prone to emotional outbursts as well, which is probably why the toddler ended up dead.

Sad to see this, but the adults should have known better.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:41 am

kadytheredpanda wrote:
Saleha wrote:

I concur.

The article stated that the mother of the babysitter was around, but even that would make me go "uh... no."

I babysat my baby brother when I was seven. Only for fifteen minutes or so while my mom ran to the store next door, but the article doesn't give any sort of time frame and fifteen minutes are ample time to kill a baby.

Also, not finding the bit about the babysitter's mom being around. I find it kinda hard to believe that beating the toddler to death would go down without enough commotion to alert the mom, had she been there.
Back to top Go down
Grunge

Grunge

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:47 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
I wasn't even allowed to stay home alone at 11-years-old, let alone babysit a two-year-old when I was that age.
Another reason why Its diffrent in europe. Age 8-10 is common for babysittin toddlers.
Back to top Go down
Avari

Avari

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 pm

Grunge wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Another reason why Its diffrent in europe. Age 8-10 is common for babysittin toddlers.
Err, I don't know in which country you live "in europe", but not so in France. Really not. 15 years old is much more the norm for baby sitters.

I can't believe people would let their 2 years old in the hands of an (unrelated) 11 years old, no matter how well they think they know the girl.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:21 pm

Hell, the youngest babysitter I ever left the boys with was the ex's sister, and she was in high school at the time. No way I would've considered leaving them with anyone under the age of at least 15 (and then only if the kid had experience and references).
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:42 pm

its all ben said, though speaking of the "Baby-Sitters Club" I was obsessed with the books, even joined the fan club thing and had the pin to prove it. anyway long story short at 11 or 1 2 I decided I'd make an amazing babysitter Yeah

my parents very kindly pointed out that I could be a mothers helper, once I turned 15.....you kill one gold fish and suddenly your doomed Baby dies in 11 year old's care 203843 plus I was still being babysat by older siblings

back to the thread-> the parent(s) should not only be jailed but also not take young adult books as good advice tools. or even try a parenting course
Back to top Go down
Vilecat

Vilecat

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:19 pm

Over here you can't legally babysit under 12yo I believe. There's even a special course offered by the equivalent of the Red Cross you can take to make you a certified babysitter (some first aid/emergency knowledge, etc.). Then with that lil piece of paper you can shove it in parents' faces and get paid more. That course is only available for kids of 14 of age if I recall too.

I never liked babysitting, but never I would've hurt a kid younger than me. I had my younger siblings for that anyway Baby dies in 11 year old's care 611762
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 pm

Avari wrote:
Grunge wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:
Err, I don't know in which country you live "in europe", but not so in France. Really not. 15 years old is much more the norm for baby sitters.

I can't believe people would let their 2 years old in the hands of an (unrelated) 11 years old, no matter how well they think they know the girl.

Yeah, nobody I know would hire an elementary schooler to babysit. It's a little different when it's just "hey, watch your brother for a few".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby dies in 11 year old's care   Baby dies in 11 year old's care Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby dies in 11 year old's care
Page 1 of 1