Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Indigo children

Go down 
+36
Hawaiian Shirt
Reidmar
Kakashifan727
bleachedblackcat
Disco Stu
TheIan
SirDixonDongs
Grimley Fieendish
Alhazred
Sarin
XLT-100852.0
Exodia's Right Leg
Malganis
SlyChild
Seule
Jay/Cris
myeerah
TheHermit
gaijinguy
KJM
Rabid Badger
Reepicheep-chan
Psy-4
Mr.Doobie
Sheba
Verandering
grmblfjx
Tungsten Monk
Mikey Go WOOGA
Jesus.
Drabbler
Cyberwulf
Hot Cancer
VenusRain
Sutremaine
ZoZo
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Indigo children - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:47 pm

I read three of her articles. I just found myself yelling "FUCK YOU!" really loudly at my computer screen over and over. Particularly her "Nationalism" page.

We should email her a link to this page so we may have a rousing discussion with her.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm still trying to figure out the whole 'Racial Pride is for those who are Racist' business. Does this mean you're NOT supposed to be proud of your heritage, or does it only apply to non-white people? Because for some reason, I'm getting a strong vibe towards the latter.

Also, a LOT of her little pearls of wisdom remind me uncomfortably of Orwellian double-speak.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Sheba wrote:
I kind of wonder how many of these 'indigos' would benefit from a good spanking.
Their parents too, while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:23 am

I think I left a message in her guest book, saying what a good troll she was. I mean, I wrote some glowing praise there. She sent me an email, OMG OMG I STILL HAVE IT

Quote :
----- Original Message -----
To: grmblfjx
Subject: gb reply to grmblfjx
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 17:42:07 -0700

glad my site was so entertaining to you.
i'm just being honest when i say i think i'm the best in the cosmos. if you want me to refrain from saying that, then i would be lying. so you want me to be a liar.
and no, i'm not a troll.

Quote :
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 5:35 PM, grmblfjx wrote:

No, lying would be to say you do not think so. Not saying anything at all is not a lie and is, on occasion, the wiser choice.
That is assuming you are not a troll, which I´m not convinced of.

Quote :
----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: gb reply to grmblfjx
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 17:59:02 -0700

and another thing: aren't people advised not to talk to trolls, as it only makes them happy to get attention? so then if i was a troll, everyone who signed my guest book would be falling into "my trap." if you or anyone else thinks i'm a troll, the smart thing to do would be to ignore me. obviously that didn't happen.

Quote :
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 2:13 PM, grmblfjx wrote:

I feed trolls all the time. I like making people happy :o)

Quote :
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, May 13, 2008 11:31 pm
Subject: Re: gb reply to grmblfjx

negative comments don't make me happy.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:58 am

That email thread makes me full of happy.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:59 am

I'm snarking a couple of her opinions...

(from "RELIGION is for people who can't face REALITY")

Quote :
Religions are kool and interesting

She spelled "cool" wrong. Right out of the gate, I know she's an idiot.

My formatting is also changing to her formatting. She's an idiot and she's pissing me off.

Quote :
Religion is not proven, just myth, and I don't like it when people take it for fact.

Oooooooooo. Let's play a game! It's called, "let's change her sentence so that it applies to her"...

Quote :
Religion Indigo children is are not proven, just myth, and I don't like it when people take it for fact.

Or...

Quote :
Religion Indigo children Everything I fucking type is not proven, just myth, and I don't like it when people take it for fact.

That's better. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Religions cause a lot of argument and war. Religions were created and controlled by HUMANS, not by gods.

Prove it. Prove it to me right now using science and logic.

Spoiler:

Quote :
There is no proof of the truth of any of the religions.

Neither is there proof that any religions are wrong either.

Quote :
Greek myths are kool and interesting, but they are make-believe, just like a fairytale, just like any other religion.

O rly? Tell that to Zeus.

Quote :
So tis stupid to have your life revolve around something that is not fact.

Tis stupid and pretentious to unironically use the word "tis" in a sentence that is otherwise in modern English.

Quote :
In my opinion, it is okay to entertain the ideas of religion and other similar beliefs such as astrology, but we shouldn't take these myths seriously or let them control our lives, since none of it can be proven.

So... it's ok to believe in religion, as long as you don't believe in it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I see what Rabid Badger means about the Orwellian doublespeak.

Quote :
It is even more stupid to try to convert people to your religion. This is a horrible thing to do, because your religion is YOUR business. You have no business, making others believe in it. Christian people, for one, try to scare people into Christianity by saying stuff like, "You will go to Hell if you don't believe in God."

That's because THE BIBLE ITSELF tells them to go forth and spread the Gospels.

Converting people isn't horrible, it's just annoying. Seriously, if having to tell a Jehovah's Witness to get the fuck off your porch is one of the most horrible things that will happen to you, I envy your life.

Quote :
The saving thing refers mostly to Christianity; I'm referring to that religion the most in here because it seems the most popular. It certainly seems to be the religion that everyone tries to get everyone else to convert to, at least in my experience.

1) If you're just going to bitch about Christianity, why didn't you just make the page about Christianity specifically, instead of religion in general? Now you're just being silly.

2) You talk like Christians converting people is a puzzling mystery. It's part of their religion. The Bible tells them it's their mission to preach.

Quote :
As I said before, religions are kool when not obsessed over. In my opinion, the Hinduism religion is neat because of the reincarnation idea,

Yeah. That whole "caste system" thing they have over in India is pretty fucking cool. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
and Buddhism is neat because of the eight fold path.

Every religion that is not a Western religion is perfect and good and wholesome.

Quote :
These ideas are interesting.

I think the idea of a giant, omnipotent, omnipresent deity that gives his followers magical powers to part seas and stomp the shit out of their enemies is interesting. All religions have their own interesting view on the world.

Quote :
But one thing I hate about religion is sacrifice and worship.

Pity. Considering that those are fairly large components of most religions.

Quote :
Tis fun to believe in stuff that may or may not be true, but when you kill people and/or animals on behalf of the "god(s)", that's just a waste of life.

I thought you were all for killing other people because it limits human beings from the planet? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After all, every time someone dies, no one actually feels bad for that person or their families. They just pretend to. Everyone is an arrogant, self-centered prick with empathy issues, just like you.

Quote :
Worship is kind of silly; believing in the religion should be enough; you shouldn't have to prove yourself by worship.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
In Christianity, God is supposed to love and forgive all his children, and yet you have to pray to Him and believe in Him in order to be saved. It seems a bit wrong, for instance, that a perfectly pure atheist will go to Hell while a serial killer who prays for forgiveness every time s/he kills someone gets saved and goes to Heaven.

That's Chick!Christianity. I'm no good little Christian boy myself, but even I admit that most branches of Christianity believe that serial killers still go to Hell. They may follow God in their words, but not in their actions. (or some shit)

Quote :
That's just WRONG. If the ChristianGod is real, and He condones that, then I would not want to accept Him.

Good thing you just proved to all of us that God is just a myth. Right? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
[If you don't believe that perfect atheists will go to Hell, consult these Bible verses: "Faith without good morality or works is dead" (James 2:17), but "morality without Christ leads to eternal death" (John 14:6).]

The quote you just used is proof that Christianity does not teach that believing in God is a Get-Out-Of-Hell-Free card. Using that same quote, what you said about the Christian God sending serial killers that believe in God to Heaven is not true. So you've just proven your point and disproven your point at the same time. Fitting, considering that most of your opinions and articles contradict themselves.

Quote :
*quotes a typical Chick Tract about a horrible person going to heaven for believing in God, while good people go to Hell for not being Jesus's cheerleader*

Proves nothing. Besides that Jack Chick is an idiot. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
There are so many contradictions in that religion, tis ridiculous.

Ooooooo. Time to play again...

Quote :
There are so many contradictions in that religion my writings, tis it's ridiculous.

Quote :
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died*

She just quoted a Nickelback song. A Nickelback song that has fuck-all to do with what she just said. This makes her an idiot squared.

She's just such an arrogant little snotbag. She mentions several times about how she's in college now. And this was three years ago, so she must be out of college now. Let's hope in those past three years someones smacked her hard with a cluebat, and that's why she took down this website that acted as an altar to her own asshattery.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:16 am

Just FYI, you can find her on Gaia. Her name is something like wing_goddess or wing_somethingspeshulsomething. I checked it out, but her journal is friends only and her profile is locked. It is possible to look at her forums posts, but a breif scan did not reveal anything too lulzy and that is about my limit before I feel like a weird stalker. If anyone really wanted to see if she was still completely nuts though that would be the way to do it.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:06 pm

In re nothing: why "indigo" of all things? Is it something related to the dye process?

Edit: Her thoughts on religion reminded me of something, and after a little digging I found it: Stuff White People Like: Religions Their Parents Don't Belong To.

Last edited by gaijinguy on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Hmm, Mr. Doobie's "snark" contained an easily refuted defense of religion. Let's craft a clever rebuttal to-

Suddenly, a poster from the future wrote:
AAAAAAAAA you started a pointless flame war that ended the world don't do it AAAAAAAAAAAA

... On second thought, let's not.

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Just FYI, you can find her on Gaia.

Wait, there are self-entitled brats with horrible opinions? On GAIA?

Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:13 pm

gaijinguy wrote:
In re nothing: why "indigo" of all things? Is it something related to the dye process?

If I recall correctly, since I can't be bothered to look it up, supposedly their auras are indigo. Because nothing says "special" like glowing invisible purple.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 pm

TheHermit wrote:
Hmm, Mr. Doobie's "snark" contained an easily refuted defense of religion.

Easily refuted, maybe. But her arguments were also easily refuted and didn't need very complicated responses. What did you want me to do, write an essay?

I'm all for attacking religion, but do it right, and don't use the same arguments used by every angsty goth teen in the United States.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:38 pm

myeerah wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:

If I recall correctly, since I can't be bothered to look it up, supposedly their auras are indigo. Because nothing says "special" like glowing invisible purple.
Yup. The magic invisible wishing-cloud says they're special, and therefore they are.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:42 pm

myeerah wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:

Why is it always purple with these sort of people? What henious crime did purple commit that cursed it with being made the colour of unbearable Sueishness?
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Purple is lovely.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:15 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
Purple is lovely.

It is. It's also not the same colour as indigo. Indigo falls somewhere between blue and purple. Seriously, you guys, that's why purple and indigo aren't the same word.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:20 pm

It also falls in between red and blue, which makes it classifiable as purple. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
myeerah wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:

Why is it always purple with these sort of people? What henious crime did purple commit that cursed it with being made the colour of unbearable Sueishness?

One word: royalty. Because of the rarity of the dyes that were used to make it, purple was always the color of the royals (or just the head honchos). The association's lingered, even if purple is now just as dirt cheap as other colors. I'll bet you anything that if it had been Tyrian Green that the Roman emperor was wearing, we'd be dealing with Emerald Children right now.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Quote :
They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)

They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.

They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.

They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.

They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

oh hey i had pretty much all of those symptoms OH WAIT I'M FUCKING AUTISTIC
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Sutremaine wrote:
Purple is lovely.

It is. It's also not the same colour as indigo. Indigo falls somewhere between blue and purple. Seriously, you guys, that's why purple and indigo aren't the same word.

Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
something about colours

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
gay joke
>Jay/Cris wrote:
>Jay/Cris
>Jay/Cris

>gay joke

ffs mikey
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:30 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
This is because whenever Little Timmy Sonvabitch acts like a seven year old, morons go "DRUG THE TURD." Even though he's, you know, seven years old. Heaven forbid teachers and parents have to actually properly discipline the kid.

I'm all for medicine and pills solving problems and whatnot. But they have to be problems that pills and medicine actually solve.
This, this, and this. It seems like every "undesirable" personality trait has a disorder attached to it. I was a morose, introverted kid. I started taking drugs at age 13, when I still thought doctors had their patients best interests at heart. When I refused to take them anymore at age 14? "Psych ward for you, kiddo."
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:30 am

Seule wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
something about colours

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
gay joke

>Jay/Cris wrote:
>Jay/Cris
>Jay/Cris

>gay joke

ffs mikey

I figured he'd take it as a compliment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, you have to >greentext for that to work, sweety.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:28 pm

Sutremaine wrote:
It also falls in between red and blue, which makes it classifiable as purple. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Turns out this is actually the subject of actual debate. Why do I keep feeling surprised by anything?

Wikipedia wrote:
[article on "purple"]
In color theory, a "purple" is defined as any non-spectral color between violet and red (excluding violet and red themselves).[4] The spectral colors violet and indigo are not purples according to color theory but they are purples according to common English usage since they are between red and blue.

[article on "indigo"]
The human eye is relatively insensitive to hue changes in the wavelengths between blue and violet, where Newton defined indigo to be; most individuals do not distinguish indigo from blue and violet. For this reason, some commentators, including Isaac Asimov,[citation needed] hold that indigo should not be regarded as a color in its own right, but merely as a hue of blue or violet.

I conclude that purple is the purple on the red side, and indigo is the purple on the blue side.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Well, you turned out all right, mate. Better than all right, you're cool. Tell us more about your experience of being super speshul. Could you read minds? Fly? Heal?

NO I was fail.
I thought I had überintuition, turns out it's called "making assumptions."
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:21 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Sutremaine wrote:

Turns out this is actually the subject of actual debate. Why do I keep feeling surprised by anything?

Wikipedia wrote:
[article on "purple"]
In
color theory, a "purple" is defined as any non-spectral color between
violet and red (excluding violet and red themselves).[4] The spectral
colors violet and indigo are not purples according to color theory but
they are purples according to common English usage since they are
between red and blue.

[article on "indigo"]
The human eye is
relatively insensitive to hue changes in the wavelengths between blue
and violet, where Newton defined indigo to be; most individuals do not
distinguish indigo from blue and violet. For this reason, some
commentators, including Isaac Asimov,[citation needed] hold that indigo
should not be regarded as a color in its own right, but merely as a hue
of blue or violet.

I conclude that purple is the purple on the red side, and indigo is the purple on the blue side.

Since there is a controversy about the semantics, it seems both Sutremaine and I were right?
I hate it when that happens.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Seule wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
something about colours

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
gay joke

>Jay/Cris wrote:
>Jay/Cris
>Jay/Cris

>gay joke

ffs mikey

I figured he'd take it as a compliment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look, I know better than to take you seriously, but I do wonder about the logic behind that. Elaborate, please?

(Also, that is one ugly looking couch. Were I ever to don a full-body rainbow suit, I'd at least pose on... I dunno. A black couch. Something that would actually match.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indigo children   Indigo children - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Indigo children
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: