Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough

Go down 
+45
Runcible_Spoon
tim gueguen
zootie
Mikey Go WOOGA
I_Lam_Edhellen
Reidmar
Owlish
Disco Stu
Penguin
Azzandra
artsigirl90
littledorrit
Mr. Comic Book
Lady Anne
EricD
Nonsense Words
Cactus Wren
Gamma Vector
Kari Izumi
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Ugly Swan
Trioculus
Reepicheep-chan
Raine
Jay/Cris
Just Chipper
Knorg
slinkythecynic
kleine_kat
Maximilia
Bad Luck Charm
Jesus.
Sutremaine
gaijinguy
Salamas
Drabbler
Chris91
Lexin
Malganis
Cyberwulf
EileenK98
ZoZo
Spotts1701
Braigwen
Keith Fraser
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:52 am

Azzandra wrote:
I'm starting to think Supernatural has run its course. Slogging through episodes of it has begun to feel like a chore.

After that horrible, terrible, painful ep in which they play (gasp!) Two actors playing Dean and Sam in the Cripke Supernatural series I just gave up. I used to love this show; it may have been my favourite ever. But after that many headbutts (In-series Supernatural novelization, In-series SupernaturalCon, In-series Supernatural fanfic) the 4th wall was irrepairably broken, so yeah, I wish they'd stopped after the last season. Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 309696
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:30 am

kleine_kat wrote:
Azzandra wrote:
I'm starting to think Supernatural has run its course. Slogging through episodes of it has begun to feel like a chore.

After that horrible, terrible, painful ep in which they play (gasp!) Two actors playing Dean and Sam in the Cripke Supernatural series I just gave up. I used to love this show; it may have been my favourite ever. But after that many headbutts (In-series Supernatural novelization, In-series SupernaturalCon, In-series Supernatural fanfic) the 4th wall was irrepairably broken, so yeah, I wish they'd stopped after the last season. Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 309696
Eh, nothing after season 5 was that great. Heck, even season 5 itself was kind of a slog. I think the writers have officially run out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
PendragonGirl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
PendragonGirl

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:29 am

Moffat's run of Doctor Who started out promising but it has become such a soap opera.

Just get new companions already. Moff's obsession with River Sue is even worse than RTD's with Rose.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:42 am

PendragonGirl wrote:
Moffat's run of Doctor Who started out promising but it has become such a soap opera.

Just get new companions already. Moff's obsession with River Sue is even worse than RTD's with Rose.

I'm really, really hoping that "The Wedding of River Song" put that storyline (and character) to bed once and for all. We know that River Song and the Doctor meet approximately backwards (relativistically speaking- time travel tense trouble ahoy!) and we've already seen both their first encounter ("Let's Kill Hitler") and her death ("Forest of the Dead") AND their marriage (which only happened so the Doctor could prevent her libido from killing reality), so there aren't many highlights left to hit.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Runcible_Spoon wrote:
artsigirl90 wrote:
Pretty much every Nickelodeon show released since 2000.

Avatar: The Last Airbender wasn't so bad.

Don't worry: there's no shame in liking Avatar: the Last Airbender unless you're referring to the movie directed by M. Night Shymalan in which case...ever read Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery"? Then this'll all be new to you.

Seriously I'll distract any naysayers by making an even more embarrassing confession: I like Drake&Josh, Victorious, and iCarly. Did I mention I am neither under 18 nor am I a creepy pervert watching this for statutory booty? Well okay I am a creepy pervert but I'm female which makes my interest in this show somewhat inexplicable.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:37 am

Mouse wrote:
Did I mention I am neither under 18 nor am I a creepy pervert watching this for statutory booty? Well okay I am a creepy pervert but I'm female which makes my interest in this show somewhat inexplicable.

Not really. Drake and Josh has that stupid yet pretty one; Victorious has Avan Jogia and iCarly has that older brother dude. Two cases of statutory interest, one of regular goofy hotness.

Really, creepy pervert interest would be a lot more understandable than you actually liking these shows because they are funny, original and fresh. 'Cause that would be insane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Rulke55

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 pm

I don't know if anyone mentioned it but BSG! I will always prefer Babylon 5 and felt whereas you could argue BSG does great character development outside of that it got freaking elaborate and convoluted, not to mention pretentious.

I loved Babylon 5 for it sheer scope and how in the end it kept itself simple never stooping towards nonsense or inane insulting religious garbage.
Back to top Go down
Kari Izumi
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I almost typed that I was surprised that no one had mentioned Glee yet...but that would assume that anyone here besides me was still watching.

To sum up how lazy and exploitative the show's become, they do an episode that's about a school shooting less than four months after Sandy Hook which:
*Turns out to not be a school shooting after all
*the network didn't even have the balls to advertise, but showed clips of the other bullshit plots that would take place the following week

Also, that finale last night was more insulting to the audience than Enterprise's Salute to TNG episode "These Are the Voyages" was. No, seriously.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2013 9:57 am

I haven't seen any of the fourth season of Glee. For me, it ends with graduation. Period.
Back to top Go down
Kari Izumi
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:13 pm

You're not missing anything with that decision.
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Granted, pretty much every Griffin (except maybe Chris) is about as despicable, but there should be no love for Meg.
Meg gets treated like shit on Family guy, but so does every other character and deservedly so. There's hardly a single redeeming quality in the entire cast--hell there's a child molester who appears regularly--that's the whole point of the show, and that's what made it great.

That said, killing Brian was the dumbest thing ever, and if that's what they need to do to liven the show up then it's time to quit.

Also, Mad Men. The great moments on that show are becoming too far and fewer between...
Back to top Go down
PendragonGirl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
PendragonGirl

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 am

Agents of SHIELD. The only thing it has going for it is the ocassional name dropping of the characters from the movies.

Coulson is so fucking beige.
Back to top Go down
ViewSonic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
ViewSonic

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Allen Gregory got two episodes. It should have been cancelled after one episode.

In fact, the mothers of the producers should have gotten coat hanger abortions so that the whole thing was never even conceptualized.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough   Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shows that weren't cancelled soon enough
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4