Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Plausible reactions

Go down 
+3
SirDixonDongs
Braigwen
myeerah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

Plausible reactions Empty
PostSubject: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:47 pm

If someone is deeply closeted and in denial about their sexuality, how might they react to advances from the person of their dreams?

I have an idea, but I'll go with the consensus.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 7:39 pm

myeerah wrote:
If someone is deeply closeted and in denial about their sexuality, how might they react to advances from the person of their dreams?

I have an idea, but I'll go with the consensus.

I would think that that someone would freak out and try to avoid their dream person out of fear and confusion. Falling in love with that person just might break them or perhaps drive them to kill the other person thinking that that person either put a spell on them or is influencing them in some way.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:03 pm

flip the fuck out, withdraw from society, avoid talking to the person, possibly move if possible

get really into their church/join a church and become basically culty-obsessed with it in an effort to think about something else
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Whatever they do, it better be full of fist fighting and blood or I'm not reading it.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Because the Republican party is full of rich dudes named "Fred" and whenever anybody mentions 'gay rights' the Freds think back to that spring afternoon in the Choate locker room when the freshman with the floppy hair and the blue eyes slipped a hand under the Freds' towel and gave the Freds a little smirk and said "just relax" and for just one minute everything was glorious and after that the Freds went on to jobs they hated and wives, ditto, and after twenty years they saw in the paper where the blue-eyed freshman was an ACLU attorney dying of AIDS who became free in all the ways the Freds couldn't and nothing, nothing, nothing pisses the Freds off like reminding them of that beautiful spring day at Choate
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
Because the Republican party is full of rich dudes named "Fred" and whenever anybody mentions 'gay rights' the Freds think back to that spring afternoon in the Choate locker room when the freshman with the floppy hair and the blue eyes slipped a hand under the Freds' towel and gave the Freds a little smirk and said "just relax" and for just one minute everything was glorious and after that the Freds went on to jobs they hated and wives, ditto, and after twenty years they saw in the paper where the blue-eyed freshman was an ACLU attorney dying of AIDS who became free in all the ways the Freds couldn't and nothing, nothing, nothing pisses the Freds off like reminding them of that beautiful spring day at Choate

I just

I just love you so fucking much
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Well, it's the guy of their dreams. Wouldn't they, if they were sensible, finally come out of the closet? Not blatantly so, but quietly and slowly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:35 am

So, accounting for personality and setting which make a lot of the specific reactions mentioned impossible, Braigwen hit upon a key factor in reverse.

The character in question has a bad case of "be careful what you wish for" and, as such, will be freaked out thinking that there must have been a stray desire compelling the other person. As a chronic apologizer, blaming another would go against the grain.

The setting is rustic and deeply isolated, pre-technological, and fantasy-based (hence the wishing problem). The character is as I described above. The potential love interest is good-natured, very stubborn, and prone to a negative self-image reinforced by rejection.

I envision the selfless worrywart retreating for a time and, when unable to want the situation to change, and unable to fully escape due to geographical limitations, would try to deflect interest and, failing that, guiltily give in to make the other finally give up and go away without hurting anyone's feelings.

I left the question very open-ended on purpose, to see what the range of reactions might be, but, given more detail on the situation, does my idea sound feasible? (And, no, this isn't supposed to be a perfectly healthy reaction and I wouldn't portray it as such.)

Also, Dongs? I love you and want you to have my child. Say the word and I can ship on Monday.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:19 am

Nihilist wrote:
Now, to get hit on like this- I wouldn't be able to contain myself, not now, not ever
Quote :

This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your
country on copyright grounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plausible reactions   Plausible reactions Empty

Back to top Go down

Plausible reactions
Page 1 of 1