Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:53 pm

The way I read it -and I'll admit that I only skimmed it- the boobfish looks like a tiny woman with a massive tit where her (her! ) feet should be. Apparently it both eats and defecates through the nipple of said tit, which is also the hole the protagonist is trying to fuck.

So that's basically anal and oral rolled into one.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 pm

uh no clearly there is a vag on one end of the tit and a nipple on the other
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:40 pm

grmblfjx wrote:

So that's basically anal and oral rolled into one.
With added titwanks. Can't forget the titwank.

On reading this story, what struck me most of all was an intense fear of femininity. The author simultaneously dehumanises women, while expressing his (it's got to be a he, right?) castration anxieties.

Note first of all how the author seeks to remove all that is non-sexual from the female form:
Quote :
The human part of the creature is about 6 inches tall, and looks like a miniature woman, with legs that merge together at feet level. Both legs are very flexible and act as labia that lead towards a large digestive sac floating behind her. This digestive sac is what gives the boobfish her name, since it has both the size and appearance of a female breast, up to the nipple at the rear end.

Immediately, we are presented with the assertion that this creature is predatory:
Quote :
The boobfish is a predator that hunts small to medium size fishes, and uses the powerful suction of her breast-like pouch to catch its prey. Once the prey is sucked in, the front labia/legs close tightly, and the water swallowed along with the prey is drained though the nipple. The victim is then doused with digestive enzymes mixed with a light narcotic to prevent any undesirable squirming or biting.
As this paragraph follows on immediately from the above description, it can easily be seen that our author views femininity and female sexuality as intensely threatening.

Of course, the ending, in which Tom is fully absorbed into the boobfish cements this. The message is clear: if you stick your dick in a woman, she will make you stay and absorb you into herself.

Now let us turn to our hero, who we shall assume, as many heroes are, is an author avatar:
Quote :
But let's get back to Tom and his quest. Tom had been a wise boobfish hunter ever since he learned what the thing between his legs was for. Unfortunately for him - or fortunately depending on the point of view -- his member had grown to such a size since reaching adulthood that the boobfishes he loved so much could no longer swallow it in its entirety.
This is all of the background we get on Tom. We learn that Tom is masculinity personified. He is a master over women, and his penis is large enough to consider himself dominant. Tom represents what the author wishes to be: a paragon of masculinity. The author is likely to yearn for a large penis.

Quote :
Despite her respectable size, she was not big enough, so after rubbing her nipple and the underside of her breast one last time -- which made her close her eyes in pleasure -- he finally released her.
Indeed, Tom is so masculine that he has the choice of all of the women. The author dearly wishes he had choice between different women.

Quote :
The boobfish was quite unhappy of being robbed of her meal, and tried to swallow it back, but he shooed her away with a few flicks on her delicate skin. She looked at him with an unmistakably sulking expression, then began to swim away only to stop after a few feet and turn back, as if beckoning him.
Women like to be treated meanly, of course. All the girls want a bad guy.

A final theme that is apparent in "The Boob Fish" is that of community wisdom and caution:
Quote :
Recently though, he had overhead sailors that drifted too close to the coral reef brag that they had spotted boobfishes there that were twice the size of those you could find near the shores. He would have dismissed that as senseless boasting if the captain hadn't told the same story.
Knowledge of where to find women is passed on.

Quote :
Those that do not follow this wise piece of advice risk severe burns: the boobfish digestion process is painless and actually increases sexual pleasure, making it impossible to tell how far the digestion progressed. For the foolish few that persist for more than a few hours, there will be no warning until the boobfish starts swimming away, what's left of their penis safely digesting in the breast of their new owner.
As are cautionary tales and warning.

Put together, we learn rather a lot of our author. We have learned that he fears women, and believes they will always be attempting to castrate him, whether physically or metaphorically. He does not view women as fully human, seeing them instead as means for sex. From our author's wish fulfilment angle, we see that he wishes he was more attractive to women. He strongly believes that a large penis and not being a "nice guy" are the means to this. Our author has a strong sense of community, and ultimately believes what is said to him by his peers to be true.

I conclude, therefore, that our author is a member of the Love Shy forums.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Spoiler:

This is what I am getting from that description.

But how do they swim?
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Spoiler:

This is what I am getting from that description.

But how do they swim?

Probably using her boob as a bouncy ball.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:51 pm

FU Reepie, you stole my concept

So I had to make mine better by explaining it

Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:58 pm

Lol yeah. It is kinda like an anglerfish!
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 am

ZoZo wrote:
A lovely breakdown.

I love you so much right now. <3 All it needs to be perfect are citations.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:04 am

I made her vagina terrifying but seriously it made me think of jellyfish.

The other ones are probably closer to what it's supposed to be but that's what I was picturing.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:28 am

rae wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
A lovely breakdown.

I love you so much right now. <3 All it needs to be perfect are citations.
Blush Oh you.

I admit I was tempted. But there are just no books out there entitled "men who want to fuck humanoid boobs".
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:44 pm

Verandering wrote:
Spoiler:

...and for the first time, the description makes sense. *choir and ray of light*

I would also like to say the following to ZoZo:

Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:38 am

Apologetically necro'd for this.

Puts a whole new spin on the term "man boob," doesn't it? I do so love high literature...

Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 pm

littledorrit wrote:
Apologetically necro'd for this.

Puts a whole new spin on the term "man boob," doesn't it? I do so love high literature...

He wakes up to discover he's been transformed into a 155 lb. boob

A 155 lb boob!

Kafka he is not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Boobfish   

Back to top Go down

The Boobfish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: New Releases-