Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spork my novel?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

Spork my novel? Empty
PostSubject: Spork my novel?   Spork my novel? EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Hail, WGW! I'm a vet of the orange boards, green boards, House, and now here, and I have to say: I love you guys. I also respect the hell out of your reviewing and snark skills, which is why I've come here with this issue.

I got published recently. The novel will be released in July--small press, but legitimate, and it's already gotten some pretty good pre-release reviews. (Plus one agency going "Film rights plz?", which triggered a squee that could probably be heard from sea to shining sea.) Some of you probably saw me acting like a goofball in the Something Good thread already. Thing is, though, I have a bit of an idea, so I thought I'd stop taking up space there and post about it.

I wanted to know if you guys would be interested in sporking my book--or a part of it, anyway. It might be fun to make a contest of it. I can provide sample chapters, and people can pitch in and rip it apart. Winners get free copies of the full thing, so if they like, they can continue the massacre on their own terms. :D

Spork, snark, MST, however you want to go about it. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

Spork my novel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spork my novel?   Spork my novel? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:27 am

I wouldn't mind reading a sample chapter and letting you know what I think. But I'll leave the sporking, snarking and MSTing to those with more skill in that area.

What genre is it?
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Tungsten Monk

Spork my novel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spork my novel?   Spork my novel? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Urban fantasy. Some reviewers classed it as horror, so it may tend in that direction, but I hesitate to use the word because it reminds me of Nickolaus Pacione.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

Spork my novel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spork my novel?   Spork my novel? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:17 pm

If you care to provide information, copies could possibly be purchased, you know.
Back to top Go down
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

Spork my novel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spork my novel?   Spork my novel? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Tungsten Monk wrote:
Urban fantasy. Some reviewers classed it as horror, so it may tend in that direction, but I hesitate to use the word because it reminds me of Nickolaus Pacione.
As long as the fantastic elements are internally consistent, then I'm fine with it. (With me, 'fantasy' does not give the author license for poor storytelling.)

As for the other... Little Nickie is a horror all right. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spork my novel? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spork my novel?   Spork my novel? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spork my novel?
Page 1 of 1