Share | 

Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:18 am

Well you should get a life instead of telling us what we shouldn't spend our time on Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 am

So I took a look at the journal Squidbiscuit posted and, yep, it's pretty predictable. The journal itself has a small smattering of "arise, my personal armies!", but the real stuff is in the comments section: a generous dose of Haters Gonna Hate, a few dashes of It's Your Style, and several gallons' worth of They Can't Even Draw So What Do They Know.

Situations like this always seem to turn out the same. Having a style is an excuse for not learning your artistic ABCs before drawing bizarre hipmonsters. But even Picasso, the poster boy for cubism, knew his stuff before he started creating things like "Guernica." You have to have a knowledge of the form before you can start deviating from it.

Oh, and Squidbiscuit sez:

Quote :
you have to remember that these people are incredibly immature and any negativity towards them on the site will probably cause them to seek me out for a fight about it.

Quote :
XD I suppose they're critical because they don't have any talent of their own.
Back to top Go down
sundaint

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:22 pm

C'mon, people. I was laughin' all the while until you guys started making a trolling contest. I thought this thread was supposed to comment on Squidbiscuit's bizarreness when it comes to hips and legs and butts and...and anatomy. Now you're all just taking it personally to each other.

I think this thread was supposed to make people laugh. Seriously. I don't care whether you have a life or not. It's just pointless to make trolling a habit.

I mean, c'mon, have you ever seen her draw a badass character like Zoro or Drake?? It's like, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Max III
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:47 pm

sundaint wrote:
C'mon, people. I was laughin' all the while until you guys started making a trolling contest. I thought this thread was supposed to comment on Squidbiscuit's bizarreness when it comes to hips and legs and butts and...and anatomy. Now you're all just taking it personally to each other.

I think this thread was supposed to make people laugh. Seriously. I don't care whether you have a life or not. It's just pointless to make trolling a habit.

what the hell are you talking about

First you snarf along with us, then you stop snarfing because some of us are trollin', then you get snarfy about squiddy's art some more? uhhh

also, I think squidbiscuit is handling the whole thing pretty well, I mean, she isn't flipping out and from what I can tell, she actually made a note telling people to chill out and quit trolling which I think is fairly cool of her, even if some of her comments are a bit... yeah.

Last edited by Max III on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing the formatting a bit because I suck)
Back to top Go down
AlbinaJasińska

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Because Picasso, Salvador Dali, Andre Derain, Egon Schiele, and Henri Matisse are so celebrated, featured in national museums, and studied so extensively in art history classrooms all over the world for their amazingly accurate anatomy.

Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 pm

AlbinaJasińska wrote:
Because Picasso, Salvador Dali, Andre Derain, Egon Schiele, and Henri Matisse are so celebrated, featured in national museums, and studied so extensively in art history classrooms all over the world for their amazingly accurate anatomy.

Three posts earlier in the thread wrote:
Having a style is an excuse for not learning your artistic ABCs before drawing bizarre hipmonsters. But even Picasso, the poster boy for cubism, knew his stuff before he started creating things like "Guernica." You have to have a knowledge of the form before you can start deviating from it.
Back to top Go down
AlbinaJasińska

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:00 pm

How do you know she hasn't learned the basics first? You have no proof that she hasn't taken art classes in high school or at college where she has managed to draw something accurate. And what the fuck do you care anyway? Is her artwork making the world blow up? Are your eyes melting? It's called CARTOONING.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:15 pm

We have no idea if she can draw something accurate because we've never seen her do it. Note the before-and-after Revy I posted previously in this thread; if that's the extent of her ability, she's actually gotten worse. Likely because she has folks like you coming over here to defend her against any possible detractors rather than actually giving her constructive criticism on how to improve her work.

And by the same token: is our mockery shattering her world? Nah, she seems to be taking it pretty good. Her eyes aren't melting either. So why are you coming over here and getting all het up about it?
Back to top Go down
AlbinaJasińska

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Just seems really unfair when what you have to say isn't even constructive criticism. Where are the complaints about Bugs Bunny, a rabbit, being taller than Elmer Fudd, a human being? Where are the complaints about Popeye being able to open a metal can with just his pipe? Where are the complaints about Finn of Adventure Time being able to extend his limbs to unrealistic lengths? And from what I see, at least she has some skill when it comes to drawing. If anybody needs to practice their skills, it would be these idiots who just take screenshots of television, color over them in paint, and call it an original character.
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:55 pm

The creators of Bugs Bunny, Popeye, etc. were all professionals who took time to improve their craft. (One of Popeye's friends, J. Wellington Wimpy, was allegedly inspired by Wellington J. Reynolds, a notoriously dictatorial art teacher at the Chicago Art Institute.) They had a style, yes, but that didn't mean they didn't understand principles like proportion, foreshortening, and ratio. Work from several famous cartoonists still exists, showing the life drawings they did and the speed sketches that they made while practicing. As I mentioned previously, there's a big difference between 1) understanding realism, then deviating from it later, and 2) never understanding realism but not bothering to because you can claim it's a style.

I do, however, agree about the paint-overs. As you can see from this forum, we tend to be equal-opportunity mockers.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:44 pm

oh my god we had a fanbrat invasion and where was I?!
Back to top Go down
your mom
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Don't worry; I don't think it's over. You likely haven't missed it all.
Back to top Go down
Gally

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Butou wrote:

Ahh, no. See, I said, "as do you all have the right to voice your opinions. " So really, I don't think my opinion is better than yours. Not once have I suggested or out-right said that. You sir/madam are just reading too much into it Smile

Oh and also, when I said 'Get a Life', I meant that you should spend the time you are on this website doing something that is actually worth your while, instead of hating on people through the internet (which is pathetic really) to make yourself feel better Smile Smile

Wait....you mean I'm not supposed to use my free down time relaxing after work doing what I like to do? ...You know, before I nap, which is really more pointless than posting here.

I didn't know I was posting in this thread to make myself feel better! Did any of you fellow posters know that? Wow! Impress us more with your Psychology 101 diagnostic skills, please.

Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:02 am

I don't know about everyone else, but I do have artist latent that jerk myself off with, therefor I can judge squidbiscuit to my heart's content. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:47 am

I once used DeviantArt and took classes in oil painting when I was thirteen. Does that mean I can judge?

*goes back to lurking*
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:21 am

Butou wrote:

Ahh, no. See, I said, "as do you all have the right to voice your opinions. " So really, I don't think my opinion is better than yours. Not once have I suggested or out-right said that. You sir/madam are just reading too much into it Smile

Oh and also, when I said 'Get a Life', I meant that you should spend the time you are on this website doing something that is actually worth your while, instead of hating on people through the internet (which is pathetic really) to make yourself feel better Smile Smile

...yes, I know what "get a life" means. Some notes on reading comprehension; if you discuss the ins and outs of differing opinions, and then say your opinion is that the people who have opinions different from yours need to get a life, you are claiming your opinion is better.

Also, the sarcastic emotes don't help your claim that your attitude is anywhere other than on a high-horse, either.

When it comes to terrible creative output, there are two kinds of people; those who think someone not actively participating in the medium has no right to judge, and those who know they have a right to judge because "someone who doesn't do it can't criticize me for doing it" is the most retarded excuse for poor quality in the history of both retardation and excuses. Funny how it only gets brought up in entertainment, but you never see, say, people saying that a family whose house falls over from faulty construction just deal with it because it's not like they've ever built a house, so they can't do better.

Adagio wrote:
I once used DeviantArt and took classes in oil painting when I was thirteen. Does that mean I can judge?

*goes back to lurking*

I have a DeviantArt account I used to post one fic on because I couldn't find any boards dedicated to the fandom. I'm going to go ahead and say I can judge because I caused pixels to display a certain way for people who visit DeviantArt, just like terrible artists do.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:39 am

I feel so sorry for Squidbiscuit now, having read the replies from "loving fans" to her journal entry. Her fanbase is just abhorrent.
Back to top Go down
Toastuh
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Poor girl.

I mean, I do not like her style or share her kinks, but she seems a decent person with good taste in webcomics.

But the fans who showed up here are acting immature and ignorant.

And to those fans:
By saying you don't need to understand the basics to be a cartoonist does a disservice to cartooning. That opinion is what gives legitimate cartoonists a bad name. I can hardly claim to be an expert (and I will here refrain from listing my art creds, because that would just turn this into a pissing contest), but saying that is a cop-out. It does not excuse you from having to learn BASIC THINGS like anatomy, proportion, perspective, etc. In fact, cartoonists should have to work harder at things like those, so that they may deviate even more exquisitely (and so they can prove the whole 'LOLOL CARTOONISTS DON'T NEED TO KNOW BASICS IT'S JUST FOR THE LULZ' thing wrong). Yes, there are successful cartoonists who don't have artsy chops, but they almost always make up for it in writing skills, or having a particularly nice art-and-writing combination (assuming you are talking about cartoons in print).
And you can totally have diverse body-types for men/cartoony style and still do anatomy correctly.
Just spending five minutes looking through y!Gallery, I found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] fabulous artists (not work safe, as a warning, but I thought it might be in a similar vein), who do chubby dudes and dudes with childbearing hips (respectively) in plausible and still very cartoony ways.

ETA:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tungsten Monk
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Aw, dang, I think the fanbrat invasion is over. Damn, that was . . . disappointing. I was hoping for at least another page's worth of arguing.
Back to top Go down
Blooferlady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 pm

I missed all of this and am now sad.
Back to top Go down
http://blooferblog.tumblr.com
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Fluff wrote:
No one talked of the homestuck things yet ?

When this was posted three months ago, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was the kind of Homestuck fanart Squidbiscuit was drawing. Same old same old.

Well, a few new but entirely predictable fetishes emerged from the woodwork since. Squidbiscuit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just so you know, the colours from the previous picture are the canon colours of each of the characters' blood. This will be relevant to understand why [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] picture and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] picture are so deliciously candy-coloured.

I wish I could draw shit like that and get 120 faves and no negative comments ;_;
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Ah, speaking of Homestuck, I remember her from plus4chan's Mspa wtf thread. Post her stuff there and people jettison out their chairs!

I always found it...interesting that she'd draw folks of both sex with voluptuous curves. Also, why does all of her "fat" fanart looks like they're straight up pregnant? Other than that, I guess I'm okay with it. It ain't Ted Drakness thank god, but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:03 am

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a whim here, but from the looks of it, I think she just can't stop her hand from drawing the letter "S." Men with hips aside, this gal can't stop drawing people shaped like "S"s. Maybe her name starts with an "S"... you know, first thing she learned how to write and reproduce consistently. This bitch wants some "S" and she wants it something fierce.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:54 am

AHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, I went into the art forum to post a thread about Squidbiscuit, thinking you guys would be the only ones who will understand my issues with her... AND THERE ALREADY IS ONE. Complete with her retarded fanbase trying to justify her shit anatomy and everything.

It's awful, guys, she's the reason I got Tumblr Savior in the first place. As a member of the Homestuck fandom, I simply cannot escape her horrible art. You know, rubbery limbs is a thing that works if you know what you're doing, but she clearly doesn't and she doesn't try to improve because it's "her style". That's the kind of thing that really pisses me off, and I'm extremely pissed with the fandom for ENCOURAGING HER to keep on this bullshit and say all the critics should stop hating on her stuff because "she's a nice person!" Fuck that, being a nice person doesn't excuse bad art. And she comes off as a complete moron, besides.

I also have an issue with her inability to tag her horrid art properly. Keep your disgusting inflation art and fat fetish and your pictures of the trolls puking rainbows to a proper tag, you asshole.

(oh god finally a place where I can say how much I hate her stuff and no one will whine at me like a self-righteous berk this is glorious)

(and just as I post this someone on Tumblr asked me why I hate her, I think either they're following me or reading my mind, I haven't said a thing on Tumblr about her in AGES)
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Wait, so do you feel entitled to only good art or what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy   

Back to top Go down

Squidbiscuit, She of Combined Anatomy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next