Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life

Go down 
+30
Sutremaine
Psy-4
Maximilia
lemmingwriter
Blooferlady
InkWeaver
Verandering
Mr.Doobie
grmblfjx
Miss Prince
Just Chipper
Somath Cegem
Spotts1701
TheHermit
Rabid Badger
Jesus.
Penguin
Chaltab
Cyberwulf
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
TheHedonist
The Unoriginal
EileenK98
Malganis
Khajidu
AngryRobotsInc
KelinciHutan
ZoZo
Lady Anne
Majin Gojira
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life   Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life - Page 5 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:29 am

Playing the Devil's Advocate here (because this isn't my opinion at all): If you believed abortion was murder, as many if not all of the Pro-Lifers do, could you stand aside and not express your opinion? And taking it a step further, if you believed abortion was murder, honestly passionately believed that (potential) people were being murdered by the hundreds every day (or whatev the number is, I have no idea), would you not feel morally obligated to do something about it?

I understand the Pro-Lifers viewpoint. From what I have gathered, they believe abortion is murder... that it's just as bad as someone sticking a knife in someone, or blowing their brains out or whatever. In some cases, they believe it's worse than that because of the dehumanization of the potential person inside the womb. I just think it's the god damned silliest thing I've ever heard in my life, that a clump of cells = a human life. However, if I honestly, truly believed that myself, I think I would be aghast at the thought of abortions and likely reckon it with institutionalized murder.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life   Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life - Page 5 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:01 am

Here's some proof that outlawing abortion doesn't actually prevent people from having abortions.

Some more details on the court case mentioned in the last paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life   Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life - Page 5 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Here's some proof that outlawing abortion doesn't actually prevent people from having abortions.

This is the thing. People act like abortion is something new that only came into being in the 1960s. If you've studied history, you'll know that women have been having abortions since someone discovered there are certain plants that, if prepared a certain way, can cause a woman to miscarry. From the early 20th century until abortion was made legal, probably millions of women had abortions-and a good many of them lost their lives or were left sterile because most of the people who performed the procedure were either doctors who'd been disbarred or nurses looking to make a little money on the side. And if the woman died, or was left sterile, every one said "Well, she deserved it; she killed her baby."

I remember my mom telling me that when she was pregnant with my brother Chris in, she changed obstetricians because the doctor told her if it came down to saving her or the baby, he'd save the baby and let her die. Does that mean she wanted my brother dead? No, it means she was fully aware my father was incapable of raising three children (one of them an infant) on his own.

And that was the common sentiment back then; apparently, mother's were interchangeable and easily replaced (just marry some woman who's willing to take on 3-4 kids that aren't hers), but babies were sacred and always came first if there were complications.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life   Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nun excommunicated for saving a woman's life
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5