Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue

Go down 
+8
Chaltab
Ellym
The Unoriginal
PendragonGirl
Rabid Badger
szaleniec
Bamshalam
NicolaQ1987
12 posters
AuthorMessage
NicolaQ1987

NicolaQ1987

Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 am

My very first snark

You can find the fic (if you can call it that) here

Quote :
I don't like the end of Book 7 of Harry Potter... For me this is how
should it endHarry Potter is now married to Euan Abercrombie a
Gryffindor student who enters Hogwarts in Harry's fifth year
Ronald James Potter,
Serius Severus Albus Potter,
Lilian Hermione Potter,
Hermione Granger is now married to Draco Malfoy whom she
lived happily with 2 sons
Harry Draco Malfoy
Severus Ronald Malfoy
Ronald Weasley is now married to Parvati Patil whom live
comfortably with 3 children
Padma Molly Weasley
Hermione Genvieve Weasley
Harry Ronald Weasley

And this is the entire body of the 'story'. Which is why i had so much difficulty in not exposing the whole thing.

Quote :
Harry Potter is now married to Euan Abercrombie

Oh dear someone better tell the Daily Prophet that Harry's turned gay as Euan happens to be a male name. Euan comes from the name Ewan which is a boys name.

Quote :
Ronald James Potter
Serius Severus Albus Potter
Lilian Hermione Potter

with assbabies.

This person read the book but can't spell Sirius' name? And Lily was named after a flower she was not called Lilian and I think it's actually spelt Lillian anyway [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And of course this isn't confusing whatsoever is it?
Quote :
Harry Potter
Harry Ronald Weasley
Harry Draco Malfoy

Yes because Malfoy and Harry are the best of buds now. However I doubt even if they were that Malfoy would name his son after Harry.
Also if Harry is still alive why would Ron name his son after his bestfriend too?

Quote :
Ronald Weasley
Ronald James Potter

If Ron is still alive why would Harry name his son after his
bestfriend?

Quote :
Hermione Granger
Hermione Genvieve Weasley

Oh deary me. Two Her-My-O-Ninnies how utterly confusing boring.

This author (if you can call her that) lacks an imagination as all of the next generation of Hogwarts students are all named after characters already in the books.

Her other 'story' is even shorter than this one.

Last edited by NicolaQ1987 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quotes came out all hickledy pickledy)
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Harry being supposedly gay in this story isn't bad. What's bad (and just plainly fucking ridiculous) is that his husband's surname is Abercrombie. Really, now?
Back to top Go down
szaleniec
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
szaleniec

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Bamshalam wrote:
Harry being supposedly gay in this story isn't bad. What's bad (and just plainly fucking ridiculous) is that his husband's surname is Abercrombie. Really, now?
I think he's actually one of the multitude of canonical named extras in the series. Who, if he entered school in Harry's fifth year, is probably underage when this is set. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://szaleniec1000.livejournal.com/
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 7:27 pm

The question is, is the author even aware that Euan is a man's name? She may honestly think it's a woman (mistaking it for Eowyn in LOTR, which is pronounced pretty much the same way). Which would mean the babies were born by the usual means, though, as szaleniec pointed out, she'd be underage. So Harry's not gay, but he is a pedophile.

And why would you name your children after your friends (and enemies)? I can't think of one person I knew in school who ever named one of their kids after someone they were friends with. It'd just make it confusing; especially with all the Harry's running around.
Back to top Go down
PendragonGirl
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
PendragonGirl

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 1:55 am

I love how everyone else is living "happily" but Ron has to settle for living "comfortably"
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:15 pm

DH is easily my least-favourite book in the eptalogy, but I fail to see how a replacement consisting of three missspelled sentences and a list of baby names would be considered an improvement over the original.
Back to top Go down
Ellym

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:40 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
The question is, is the author even aware that Euan is a man's name? She may honestly think it's a woman (mistaking it for Eowyn in LOTR, which is pronounced pretty much the same way). Which would mean the babies were born by the usual means, though, as szaleniec pointed out, she'd be underage. So Harry's not gay, but he is a pedophile.

I thought Eowyn was pronounced Ay-oh-when, correct me if I'm wrong. In which case it's pretty much not pronounced the same as Euan which is You-wan. Also, Nicola, I'm pretty sure that it is Ewan which is the variant on Euan, coming from the name Eoghan, rather than the other way around.

Also, if the author isn't aware that it's a boys name, s/he didn't read the fifth book terribly carefully as the Harry Potter Wiki has a pretty good description of him from both the sorting and later in the year.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This chart elucidates everything.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:32 am

Chaltab wrote:
This chart elucidates everything.
Thank you - it makes it all so clear.
I even printed the chart and made a pinwheel out of it to help me realise visually how the series actually revolves around Euan. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Never change, HP fandom...
Back to top Go down
Owlish
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Owlish

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:37 pm

I don't think this even qualifies as a story, it just looks like a mishmash of names of the main characters? How unimaginative can you get...
Back to top Go down
FreakEgg
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
FreakEgg

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 am

Euan Ambercrombie is actually a canon character. Hes mentioned once, and is a first year sorted into Gryffindor in book 5, like this 'story' says.

so, I don't know why this 'author' was stoked on a once-mentioned-in-passing character, but the names of the kids are whats really retarded.
more retarded than the name "Albus-Severus" sadly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freak-egg.deviantart.com
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:45 am

It's Harry Potter fandom. Remember when Blaise was a white girl? Then he actually had somethng to do with the story and was revealed to be a black boy? Remember the wanking?
Or how characters named once in passing are suddenly the most important ever? Like that time Draco and Blaise had a bet on who could date Daphne first? Of course in canon Draco did marry Daphne's sister. I think.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 am

karmyn31 wrote:
Remember when Blaise was a white girl? Then he actually had somethng to do with the story and was revealed to be a black boy? Remember the wanking?

I do remember Blaise being mistaken for a girl all the time. I don't remember any wank about it though, please elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:13 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:
Remember when Blaise was a white girl? Then he actually had somethng to do with the story and was revealed to be a black boy? Remember the wanking?

I do remember Blaise being mistaken for a girl all the time. I don't remember any wank about it though, please elaborate.

IIRC, the wank occurred after he finally appeared on screen and was revealed to a a black boy. All the shippers who'd already hooked him up iwth someone important (Harry, Draco, Snape, whatever), spent endless hours complaining about how JK Rowling had 'mislead them' by giving him what was basically a unisex name. Though I always assumed Blaise was a boy's name, and I haven't even read the books.
Back to top Go down
FreakEgg
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
FreakEgg

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:
karmyn31 wrote:

IIRC, the wank occurred after he finally appeared on screen and was revealed to a a black boy. All the shippers who'd already hooked him up iwth someone important (Harry, Draco, Snape, whatever), spent endless hours complaining about how JK Rowling had 'mislead them' by giving him what was basically a unisex name. Though I always assumed Blaise was a boy's name, and I haven't even read the books.

that sounds retarded, as Im pretty sure somewhere in book 5 or 6 J.K says its a guy... at least, I think so, since I never once in my life thought it was a girl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freak-egg.deviantart.com
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:47 pm

In book six he's part of Slughorn's club.
How could Rowling mislead readers about a character who had nothing to do with the story until book six and was mentioned only as the last person to be sorted in book one?
Fangirls are idiots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue   Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter is gay? The 'new' epilogue
Page 1 of 1