Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body Empty
PostSubject: Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body   Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:24 pm

Link

Quote :
MOBILE, Ala. – An Alabama evangelist who terrorized his family while impressing audiences at revivals was convicted Friday of murdering his wife and storing her body in a freezer for years.

People who heard Anthony Hopkins' sermons in rural towns around the South sometimes called him a psychic or even a prophet. Yet a prosecutor told jurors that Anthony Hopkins terrorized his wife and young children, isolated them and used the Bible to manipulate them.
No, not that Anthony Hopkins. Though it does make me lol that this guy shares a name with the guy who played Hannibal Lecter.

Quote :
Hopkins was arrested in 2008 while preaching at a revival on charges that he killed 36-year-old Arletha Hopkins. Authorities said they were led to the body of his wife by a teenage relative that Hopkins had abused and impregnated.
Well, I guess it's not just Catholic priests who molest children.

Quote :
It was then he said that he had a calling to become an evangelist and began preaching at churches and revivals around the rural South. He developed a following because many who heard him preach considered him a prophet who could see the future.
Then why didn't he see himself being convicted of murder, rape, and child molestation?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body   Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 10:31 pm

Quote :
Alabama

Oh look the South is still terrible.
Back to top Go down

Preacher convicted of killing wife, freezing body
Page 1 of 1