Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yvette's Bridal Formal

Go down 
+47
TheIan
BottledIvan
Grimley Fieendish
Vanilla-villa
Miss Prince
Gamma Vector
Chris91
The Alien from Uranus
Keith Fraser
tim gueguen
Achtung Baby
Azzandra
spoonhead75
Ghost in the Machine
bleachedblackcat
Hot Cancer
Delcat
Miss Misery
Ivo
Fairlight
Saleha
myeerah
Rabid Badger
rae
thebonerules
Reepicheep-chan
Dr. Professor Science
KelinciHutan
gaijinguy
Cyberwulf
Just Chipper
Sarin
Somath Cegem
Seule
Jay/Cris
Jesus.
Adagio
grmblfjx
ZoZo
Verandering
Maximilia
TheHermit
saeku
Eccooz
Mafiosa
Salamas
Blooferlady
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Adagio wrote:
Ack! That picture kept ambushing me on the site. It's all fairly okayish paintings and MSPaint hilarityHELLO, CREEPY-LOOKING MAN.

... Who is that, anyway? The owner of the store/site/whatever the hell it is?

The dude who does all the paintings, apparently. I think. scratch
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:51 pm

what the fuck is this

it's like photobucket and geoshitties had a baby and it puked scabby text and pictures everywhere

beautiful flying Cessna what
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 3:53 pm

It's everything wrong with 90s web design crumpled together, put in a blender, and pureed on WTF.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 pm

I remember we had a thread about these guys on the House and someone emailed the webmistress to see if she'd been hacked.

Was there ever a response?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:32 pm

... Hot mess?
Back to top Go down
Eccooz

Eccooz

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Quote :
Hershey's Kisses are good to eat !! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://ecco51.deviantart.com/
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 9:08 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
I remember we had a thread about these guys on the House and someone emailed the webmistress to see if she'd been hacked.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be hysterical if someone hacked her site and replaced it with one that was classy, informative, aesthetically pleasing, and easy to navigate?
Back to top Go down
thebonerules

thebonerules

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh God. There are at least two maps, both done in ms paint. And then there's, well, I'm not quite sure. They just keep jumping and jumping and I can't figure out why they're there.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks it would be hysterical if someone hacked her site and replaced it with one that was classy, informative, aesthetically pleasing, and easy to navigate?

I think that would be the best hack ever. I'm reasonably certain anyone on WGW could do a better job. Hell, rip out the music, change the background to solid black, correct the punctuation, and make all the text white. Still ugly, but still over 9000% better.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 am

You know, I've never been so glad I have Firefox set to block music unless I allow it in my life. Ten seconds of whatever the hell it is that's playing in the background was enough to make me weep.

Thebonerules, I think the jumping things are demon sprites. They're there to make sure no one tries to change Yvette's layout. If you try to hack her site, they come out of your computer screen and eat your soul.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:34 am

I think they might be eating my soul anyway.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:03 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

Doo eet! Doo eet! Doo eet! That would be awesome. Assuming that there actually is a business operation going on somewhere underneath all of that, it'd probably up her sales as well.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:07 am

I wonder if the terrible design is actually a marketing ploy? The site is like a train wreck, and we all know about watching train wrecks.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:23 am

myeerah wrote:
I wonder if the terrible design is actually a marketing ploy? The site is like a train wreck, and we all know about watching train wrecks.

That reasoning would work if you explicitly want a trainwreck for a wedding... most people tend not to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm

It actually looks like she's decided to make it a bit more professional. The last time I saw this, it had a page dedicated to a child's paper plate drawings, a page of photos of the last big storm and a map that included a swamp and an old mine.
Back to top Go down
Ivo

Ivo

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 pm

KelinciHutan wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

Doo eet! Doo eet! Doo eet! That would be awesome. Assuming that there actually is a business operation going on somewhere underneath all of that, it'd probably up her sales as well.
Up her sales? With a mess like that I'd be surprised if she had any in the first place!
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Ivo wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:
Reepicheep-chan wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

Up her sales? With a mess like that I'd be surprised if she had any in the first place!
Well then, they can hardly go down, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket!! That damn website triggered a migraine.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
... Hot mess?
Hot tranny mess. One big one. Really big, I have a 1680x1050 set-up and it's STILL stretching my screen.

Oh God, this picture is the bleakest thing in the world. It just says--doesn't scream, but says quietly, in a monotone--"This refrigerator is full of irony, tears, and Hot Pockets, and so ever shall it be." Likewise, cheerful desperation drips like oleander honey from Friendship Poem:
Quote :
our Friends make us unique
our
Friends make us live
and at the end
of our human condition time
the
sum of our journey
recorded line by line
shall not be about
short~falls
or lack of acclaim
but reflect in attendance
the
truth of our name
for it is Friends who define us
and make us who
we are
and Friends who will find us
waiting for them among the
Stars ~*
Um...yeah. I'm gonna just go through there and find/replace "friend" with "any one of my 382 precious kitties", is that okay? That's what you meant, right? ...right?
Quote :
Yvette's phone number: (850)~871~3000
Okay, who's gonna man up and call?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:55 pm

Hmm...

*hacks out eyes*
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 12:32 am

What are these 'pink links' I keep getting asked to click? I'm scared that if I go near them my soul is going to get eaten.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 2:18 am

Delcat wrote:
Dr. Professor Science wrote:
... Hot mess?
Hot tranny mess.
... Colbert

I still want to explore its horrors with you all, but man I CANNOT get over the fear just clicking the index link instills in me. It even freaks out my browser.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:34 am

Verandering wrote:
I CANNOT get over the fear just clicking the index link instills in me.

For you, bb: screenshots. Completely link-free. Also complete worksafe, if not brainsafe, and spoilered only for size.

Yvette's Homepage:

Spoiler:

Yvette's resident painter and his art:

Spoiler:

The page where "pink links" takes you, I think it's supposed to be links to designers and stuff:

Spoiler:

The "dancing demons" (they bounce around the entire time):

Spoiler:

Ye Olde MSPaint Pix:

Spoiler:

PS Yvette's is real easy to find.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:55 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Verandering wrote:
I CANNOT get over the fear just clicking the index link instills in me.

For you, bb: screenshots. Completely link-free. Also complete worksafe, if not brainsafe, and spoilered only for size.

I knew you loved m--
OH GOD THE PAIN. brb vomiting up more rainbows.

So... Is the rest of her designer shit as barfed up as her web design? Also, I envy those map skills. >: I'm so lame, I usually print out google maps frames 'cos I can't draw that neatly.
Back to top Go down
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:25 am

Looking at those screen-shots on the previous page made my eyes hurt.

But I think I have figured out one thing. Yvette spells 'classy' with a 'k'.

If you hacked her site and replaced it with something that wasn't eye-searingly atrocious, anyone who actually went to her shop afterwards... Their heads would explode due to cognitive dissonance. Do you really want that on your conscience?

Last edited by Ghost in the Machine on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's a secret!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yvette's Bridal Formal   Yvette's Bridal Formal - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yvette's Bridal Formal
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Why God, Why? :: The Sporking Table :: GodAwful Bullshit-
Jump to: