Share | 

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:37 am

I developed a terrible-sounding cough yesterday, even though I feel fine.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:03 pm

At my 21st b-day party, this conversation:

My very gay guy friend: "I hate iPods. They break so easily. I have a Zune."
Dani's New BF: "That makes you gay!"
(Everyone at the table staring, with eyebrows raised)
Gay Guy Friend: (Very dryly) "Well-spotted."
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:22 am

Better legit gay than a macfag!
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:18 am

Penguin wrote:
Lembech wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Azzandra wrote:
I saw a girl with yellow eyes at the subway. Might be possible they were just very light green, but they definitely looked yellow to me.
Sounds like you missed a chance to get yourself some ADAM.
If we're thinking about the same ADAM here, perhaps it's for the best. Don't want to simultaneously kill everyone within a 500-mile radius now, do we?

I dunno, sometimes I do.

Spoiler:

Evangelion, as always.

Everyone at the South Pole went boom that day. Except Misato.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 am

Oh. Fun show for the first couple episodes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bioshock's better though. =P
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 pm

I went to work and did work stuff all day.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:00 pm

I realized my hair has now passed my waist. I now have to worry I will accidentally pee on my hair.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:52 pm

I casually made a Star Trek reference in a conversation today. I felt nerdy. XD
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 pm

I got an offer to come try out as vocalist for a sorta-local metal band, but they don't know what I sound like or what my vocal style is (it's a couple things but it ain't metal, or at least the flavor they're doing, which is some kinda melodic hardcore)

I want to go give it a shot anyway, but I'm really afraid I'll embarrass myself, and since I'm using public transportation it might be a bitch to get to the rehearsal space. I'm all confused and conflicted, and I need to give them an answer within the next little bit [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:44 am

Do it, mate. You'll never know unless you give it a shot.

I gave advice to someone on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:35 am

So, I bought a muffen thingie for lunch and went downstairs to buy a soda at the vending machine (in my college). I buy my soda and leave, forgetting that there was change. As I heard it fall, the guy sitting next to the vending machine pointed it out. So I went to extract the change, but unfortunately I dropped my muffin on the floor, which i had covered in nutella. So I'm struggling to pick up the muffin, its crumbling, theres nutella everywhere, yada yada.

Now this dude in full view of me and God, seeing what i'm going through trying to pick up the shattered remains of my lunch and making no move to assist me, proceeds to LOOK N THE VENDING MACHINE TO SEE IF ALL THE CHANGE WAS GONE. And then left. I'm assuming because there was no more coinage for him.

That sir, was some epic douchery. I tip my hat to you. *tips*
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Lembech wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Lembech wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Azzandra wrote:
I saw a girl with yellow eyes at the subway. Might be possible they were just very light green, but they definitely looked yellow to me.
Sounds like you missed a chance to get yourself some ADAM.
If we're thinking about the same ADAM here, perhaps it's for the best. Don't want to simultaneously kill everyone within a 500-mile radius now, do we?

I dunno, sometimes I do.

Spoiler:

Evangelion, as always.

Everyone at the South Pole went boom that day. Except Misato.

Dude, if I knew beforehand how many uses yellow-eyed girls had, I would have bagged her.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:05 pm

I saw my bald patch, I'm not sure how I feel about this.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 pm

(Co-worker enters workplace)(I am reading Vogue)
Co-worker: "I am so damn tired."
Me: (Looks up, snerks) "I can tell, because you're wearing eyeshadow on only one eye."
Co-worker: (Slow dawn of comprehension of what I've just said) (Runs to mirrors to check) "Ohmigawd, I went to class like this!"
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:18 pm

So apparently this girl saw me and wants to get with me, so she asked a coworker who knew me to let me know, and after being chased down by him and giving him my contact information to relay to her...

I am freaking the fuck out. I don't know anything about this woman beyond her first name.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Take a deep breath. She is (probably) not psycho, or at least no more so than the average person. Take her out to coffee. It's a nice, neutral (public) space. Make sure your phone is on vibrate / silent. This is so that you can get a call that you 'have to take' if the two of you have absolutely nothing in common. Your phone has to be on vibrate for two reasons: One, so you can fake getting a call so you can GTFO if things are going poorly. Two, and hopefully what will happen, is so that if you're having good time, a phone call doesn't interrupt your conversation. If you have a good time, DO CALL HER BACK / EMAIL FFS.

Good luck. :D
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:21 pm

The neighbors had their cars torched. Wow, that hasn't happened before in at least a decade.

Wonder what the heck happened for them to do that... scratch
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:56 pm

I was hair molested.
Back to top Go down
Princess
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:03 pm

I, like, stayed up until 3 AM this morning waiting for a friend of mine to get on AIM so I could talk to her about stuff, but she didn't come. At about 3:30, I realized it was probably because she had a final today.
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:53 pm

Jesus. wrote:
I was hair molested.
OHMAIGOD CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR
IT'S SO POOFY AND DIFFERENT FROM MINE
*touches it anyway before waiting for an answer*
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:52 am

I woke up, checked my email, and watched some infomercials.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Some guy named Yousef thats been messaging me randomly through broken (read: babelfish translated) english just answered my "Can i help you?" with "I search for the striking of marraige."

*flashes engagement ring*
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am

At the wedding I went to, I was hair molested. "OH ITS SO LONG CAN I TOUCH IT" and then grabbed it before I could answer. I didn't mind too much, but still, annoying.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:59 am

"GURL LOOKIT CHOO. THIS IS REAL? OH MAH GAWD, YOU MUST USE A RELAXER OR A PERM OR SOMTHIN' CUZ IT'S SO SOFT AN' CURL~EH."

This one-sided conversation is guaranteed to occur at least once at my family reunion. Bonus points if they sniff it. It doesn't help that said woman who usually spazzes like this sounds like Lumpy Space Princess.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Why would they sniff it? O.o Trying to see if it smells like chemicals or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   

Back to top Go down

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next