Share | 

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Thu May 31, 2012 11:46 am

It's actually not paper, mikey. It's a form of fabric. *themoreyouknow
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Thu May 31, 2012 12:27 pm

When people refer to non-coin money, do they say "paper money," like anyone who has put paper in the washing machine would? Or do they say "money that is in the form of some type of fabric," like a complete autist? Colbert

It's irrelevant, anyway, as fabric is also typically biodegradable while plastic is not, so the entire point of my post remains intact.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Thu May 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Sakurelf wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
Here I go sounding like a privileged asshole:

I wish I had the money to commission the awesome artists I see for cosplay. So many talented people out there, and I want to be able to support them, but I'm an artist as well, so i can really only be all "Wow, yeah, I know EXACTLY how much work you put into that" and am unable to buy it.

Of course you are welcome to ream at me for not having medical bills, and being able to afford living space and food an internet and wanting to buy cosplay shit. But I want to support fellow artists out there, and I feel like going "I'd love to wear your stuff, but I'm broke as fuck" is kind of a Fuck You to them making a living as well.

I'll never forgive you. Stop having money. Now.

I HATE BEING A GROWN-UP, DOOBIE. I HAVE TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR MYSELF AND THEY ACTUALLY MATTER. THIS SUCKS. AND FUCK, I HAVE HALF A YEAR LEFT OF SCHOOL AND THEN I HAVE TO GET A "REAL JOB" AND ALL THAT SUPPORTING MYSELF SUCKS TOO.

I just wanna be a teenager forever and have a small amount of disposable income to spend on aneemays and pocky and not have to do stuff like income tax. :<

There are times when I'm proud to have worked since I was 16. Today is one of those days.

It's scary but it gets easier. It's like a perpetual rain storm that instead of crying about it a person can learn to maybe dance in and have fun in.

Sounds mundane as fuck but yeah, trust me on this one

Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:30 pm

So I got paid for the first time in nearly 3 months during the week. I decided to fill up my car with petrol, since I had been putting 20 euro at a time in it when needed for the previous few weeks, and constantly watching the fuel light.

93 euro later the car is full.

93 fucking euro for a tank of petrol. Reckon the car will do about 350 miles on it unless I go on a long trip or two.

So that cancels out getting paid, and getting paid cancels out the savage expense of feeding my car, so this post goes in here.
Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 am

So I guess I'm not going to Stockholm and Berlin with my family after all. They're still going, but I'll stay here for a week.

It would be a bad thing, because I really miss Stockholm and I did want to see Berlin, but it's come to a point where going on vacation with my family would be an utter disaster that I'd rather avoid. Hell, living with them in the same house is already incredibly tough and I'm going to be stuck here till at least early 2013. I'd rather not make it worse.

Besides, I'm planning a one week trip to Sweden for the Eurovision next year and I bet it'll be a lot more fun.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:19 pm

I need to stop imprinting people's avatars like a goddamn baby bird.
Today I saw someone's profile, and for an avatar they were using Jay's avatar, and I was all like "Hey, it's Jay!" and then I was like "Oh wait, it's not" and I got all confused and sad.

Also, I tend to think of people who use celebrity avatars as those celebrities. Gackt is a very snotty 13-year-old girl.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:56 am

Sakurelf wrote:
Also, I tend to think of people who use celebrity avatars as those celebrities. Gackt is a very snotty 13-year-old girl.

The other way round, for me. I tend to recognize the celebrity as the person who used them as an avatar.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:00 am

I colored my hair.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 am

I really, really need to stop drinking and internetting.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:19 pm

I was excited because it seemed like it might rain. Instead, we got a few little sprinkles, just enough to really taunt the dying grasseverything. There is a rabbit outside. Pretty sure it's suffering heat exhaustion. There's not shit I can do except watch it die.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:28 pm

rae wrote:
I was excited because it seemed like it might rain. Instead, we got a few little sprinkles, just enough to really taunt the dying grasseverything. There is a rabbit outside. Pretty sure it's suffering heat exhaustion. There's not shit I can do except watch it die.

You can put out a bowl of water and some vegetables for it. It may run away from you, but I'm sure it'll be back after you've left.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Maximilia wrote:
rae wrote:

You can put out a bowl of water and some vegetables for it. It may run away from you, but I'm sure it'll be back after you've left.

You can wait for it to die then WABBIT SOUP
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:54 pm

I started playing Final Fantasy XIII-2 this week. Granting the source material, I'm being unreasonably bothered by the tiniest thing: the last human alive after the world has gone dead, to the point where nothing will grow and yet there are still inexplicably things to hunt and eat, looks like this. No one lacking proper nutrition looks that good.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:25 pm

>No biceps
>no traps
>no triceps
>no delts
>girl forearms
>baggy pants to hide chicken legs
>looks good

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Penguin wrote:

Jack Daniels does more for this place than Mikey ever will
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:34 am

Disco Stu wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Jack Daniels does more for this place than Mikey ever will

1.) >Implying whiskey doesn't fuel Mikey
2.) >Implying Benchmark isn't best whiskey
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
>No biceps
>no traps
>no triceps
>no delts
>girl forearms
>baggy pants to hide chicken legs
>looks good

1. He's pretty. I dig that.
2. He's pretty. How the hell do you stay pretty when you should be a short, bald, nasty, toothless thing due to vitamin deficiency?
3. I'm well aware of how silly a thing this is to be irritated by.
4. Weight-lifters range from eh to hideous.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:33 am

Starting to be hung over. Still drunk. They kinda balance each other out. Trying to limit the damage now by chugging water.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:33 am

My sleep schedule makes sense again. I've been getting up at like, 7 AM sharp every morning.

I don't know how or why this happened. It happened without effort or action on my part.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Went to see The Dark Knight Rises, or as I'm now calling it
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:06 pm

My mom's cousin got me signed up to a genealogy website and editing our family tree. I don't think I've worked this hard on a family tree since the fourth grade.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Snake Bandage wrote:
My mom's cousin got me signed up to a genealogy website and editing our family tree. I don't think I've worked this hard on a family tree since the fourth grade.

Gah. Quite possibly the longest and most mind-numbing weekend of my life was spent helping with translating genealogy notes and research from paper copies onto an online program. On the plus side, only a few more centuries' worth of information, and we can fill in the gaps between the 1400s and the land grant our ancestors got for being on the right side of the Battle of Hastings. *headdesk*

My average thing: I walked around Leiden and took pictures of churches and things. I got my head stuck to a plant (look away for one second to see if I need to dodge a bike, look back, and there's a random thorny thing sticking out at ear level), and I think an old man was making fun of me for accidentally running into this shrub, but my Dutch isn't good enough to know if he was amused or concerned.

Our study abroad instructor said it was probably both. It's okay. We're getting laughed at a LOT here, which is itself rather funny.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Forgot to run no shows last night. Happens every once in a while--just like everyone else, I *GASP* occasionally make mistakes at my job. Fixed the error as best I could, wrote a note to the general manager explaining what I did, that it was fixed, and that the numbers will show up on tomorrow's audit. Honestly, I've done that probably at least three or four times and they have never even noticed.

Woke up today to two texts. One at 9.08 am bitching me out for not watching my numbers, and to make sure everything is done, and blah blah blah. The second at 9.11 am saying, "Oh, got your note." No apology, no nothing. Pretty typical.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:28 am

boyfriend: something something something BITCH

grmbls: Me *what* bitch?

boyfriend: I SAID OH MY GOD YOU DEAF BITCH.

grmbls: ...right. >.>
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: The "Nothing of Note Happened to me Today" thread   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:46 am

Yes, this is a satire. Razz

Today, nothing happened! I could hardly believe my eyes when no events of any significance took place, and the day turned out to be completely uneventful. Barely able to grasp the scope of uneventfulness, I coped with it the only way I knew how: by doing something completely unremarkable and insignificant that I can't repeat because it's of no consequence!

I didn't receive a phone call imparting any unexpected bad news of any kind, and no letters came in the post foretelling an unexpectedly dire situation that might have caused a catastrophe of sorts to occur. Just to make matters no different, the house was not broken into, none of my possessions became damaged in any way, and I did not discover any serious issues that could have potentially forced me to part with huge sums of money to remedy.

On a lighter note, I also did not receive an email informing me that I had actually won last week's Lottery, and I was not granted a Lordship, which was unincidental because I wasn't expecting one.

So, what things didn't happen to you today?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread   

Back to top Go down

The "Something Completely Average Happened to Me Today" thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next