Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".

Go down 
+43
Narwhal
crowdog66
EileenK98
Kirby
Hot Cancer
Lysander
Somath Cegem
Knorg
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
saeku
Laika_09
TheHermit
unskilled78
Penguin
Malganis
KGarrett
Sheba
Mikey Go WOOGA
Aggie
Rabid Badger
Baron Chuddlington III
Maximilia
Dr. Professor Science
theweirdkind
InkWeaver
Bamshalam
Lembech
Zeiss Manifold
Miss Prince
Cactus Wren
Sloth
Raine
Seule
Cyberwulf
KelinciHutan
Braigwen
Root Admin
Psy-4
Lapin
Miss Misery
Sorsa A. Jänis
Mae Bedlam
Mafiosa
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". Empty
PostSubject: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Since when was McDonalds picky about who they hired?

Would it shock you if I told you this happened in Florida? I didn't think so.

Quote :
A Florida McDonald's has been sued for refusing to hire a transgender woman. The applicant, 17-year-old Zikerria Bellamy, says that after she didn't check a gender box on the application, then reluctantly selected male, she was refused an interview by two managers, one of whom then left her an bigoted voicemail.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Why. Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy.

Quote :
McDonald's, which received a "corporate equality index" score of 85 out of 100 from the Human Rights Campaign, has since fired the manager who left the voicemail. It's unclear whether another manager who also refused to hire the woman faced any discipline.

Oh what the fuck.

For comparison, IIRC, Target scores perfect on those human rights tests every time. Maybe MickeyD's should watch who they promote.

e: On the bright side, with the money she'll have won from the lawsuit she won't have to work at McDonalds! :downs:
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:26 pm

FFFFFFFFFF florida

Back to top Go down
Sorsa A. Jänis
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sorsa A. Jänis

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm not gonna eat at McDonalds from now on. I never check on the gender boxes either. Makes me very uncomfortable really. I'm so glad I haven't been asked that in any job application so far, because I have no idea what I would put in that. Now that's the end of mememe.

Anyway, I'm gonna boycott the McDonald's from now on.
Back to top Go down
http://sunbeamattack.deviantart.com/
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:17 pm

Quote :
"We don't hire faggots."

We only hire the finest bigoted jackasses Florida has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:19 pm

At least we know where Jack Thompson went after they disbarred him.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
I'm not gonna eat at McDonalds from now on. I never check on the gender boxes either. Makes me very uncomfortable really. I'm so glad I haven't been asked that in any job application so far, because I have no idea what I would put in that. Now that's the end of mememe.

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
I'm not gonna eat at McDonalds from now on. I never check on the gender boxes either.
Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
I'm not gonna eat at McDonalds from now on.
Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
from now on.

Are you implying you ate there in the first place? More than once?
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Haha, you know, I actually applied for a position at a McDonald's last week. I wonder what kind of laughs will happen if I get the phone call, only for them to look at my app while hearing my voice, and go WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS URR HURR HURR. If they do, I'll definitely let you know- but going by this, I doubt they want multiple cases of it occurring. They might just kiss my ass and go "Yes sir, you are HIRED sir. We don't discriminate against gender identity, no sir-ee." And I'll take it, just because a job's a job, and the only free time I have is late at night.

Trollface
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:39 pm

I used to work at McDonald's. It was hell. I was in high school at the time and they would make me stay out past 11pm. Curfew was at 10pm city wide for anyone under 18 years of age. I could have been arrested.

The manager at the time I was hired was a very scary black lady. Why was she scary? The nails of her right hand had been grown out to at least 14 inches. No shitting here. She held her right hand up like it was some sort of fucking trophy with the nails painted blood red.

She would skim our hours. So if we worked 12 hours, she would skim one hour off of our time sheet and say we only worked 11 hours, keeping costs down.

We were then taken over by this Indian guy who turned off all the AC in the middle of fucking SUMMER! He also turned up the temperature in the fridge and freezer and wondered why food was going bad. I finely quit when he demanded that we only get paid for 8 hours even though he would force us to stay for 10.

The health department finely shut the place down because the food was spoiling in the fridge and freezer, there was caked up grease under the fryers. The floor was slippery all the time and no one had cleaned the fry oil in 6 months. No joking.

They tore down the old store and rebuild it. Without that asshole managing it. I never want to work there ever again!
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:

Psy made mention of this a bit, but...

You eat at McDonald's now?!? Why?!? They serve disgusting...things...that purport to have been chicken or beef or potato at some previous and more happy time in their lamentable history, but I have always found that a doubtful claim. More likely it's plastic that has been basted with something that vaguely reminded some poor individual with three functioning taste buds of something food-related at some point. Then there's their color scheme, which was chosen to make customers hungry, thus ensuring maximum despair when said customers discover that McDonald's doesn't actually serve food. And to round out the whole fiasco, they have a gang of highly disturbing mascots that include a theif and a massive purple blob, all led by a clown.

There is no good that can come from McDonald's. None at all.

Last edited by KelinciHutan on Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the M on my keyboard is acting up)
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
The health department finely shut the place down because the food was spoiling in the fridge and freezer, there was caked up grease under the fryers. The floor was slippery all the time and no one had cleaned the fry oil in 6 months. No joking.
Well maybe if you'd bothered to clean the fryers and the floor like you were supposed to, your bosses wouldn't have tried to screw you out of your wages. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Quote :
a very scary black lady.
Quote :
over by this Indian guy who

The fuck is the matter with you?

Why would you mention these people's races when it's completely irrelevant to your most likely bullshit stories? Jesus Christ listen to yourself! And don't think I didn't see that post you made about your sister being racist. Looks like it's ingrained in the whole family.

Quote :
she would skim one hour off of our time sheet and say we only worked 11 hours, keeping costs down.

Except that's really fucking illegal and benefits no one, not to mention no one would stand for it. All it takes is a call to the integrity hotline to stop that shit. And did your store NOT have an electronic timeclock?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Except that's really fucking illegal and benefits no one, not to mention no one would stand for it. All it takes is a call to the integrity hotline to stop that shit. And did your store NOT have an electronic timeclock?
No, their wages were actually docked because they couldn't be bothered to clean the place.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
Curfew was at 10pm city wide for anyone under 18 years of age. I could have been arrested.

Wait, what?
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 pm

I used to work in a McDonald's too. I refused to do any of the unpaid overtime. There were also a bunch of other things that happened after that, such as money vanishing from my drawer (luckily there was one manager on my side who sorted it out for me) and someone locking me in the freezer. The way the managers acted, I wouldn't be surprised if they were behind those things though. Every other shift I was there I found one of the other girls crying in the bathroom from something the managers had said. After getting put on terrible shift hours and positions, having my hand continually pushed into the heat lamps in the fries station (the managers stressed everyone to go faster and less carefully without regard for others), and people I had helped trained being promoted ahead of me and bullying me, I just quit. Working at McDonald's just isn't worth the physical and mental pain.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Quote :
a very scary black lady.
Quote :
over by this Indian guy who

The fuck is the matter with you?

Why would you mention these people's races when it's completely irrelevant to your most likely bullshit stories?

She also mentioned the woman's nails, another irrelevant detail.

Obviously, this betrays a deep-seated prejudice against long-nailed people.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Mythandariel wrote:
Well maybe if you'd bothered to clean the fryers and the floor like you were supposed to, your bosses wouldn't have tried to screw you out of your wages. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Perhaps. If I had not quit before it got that bad.

And as for mentioning races. I mentioned that she was a black lady not because it was her skin color, but that she chose to act stereotypically 'Black'. There is a difference between speaking English and having a darker skin tone and acting 'black'. The whole Ebonics, blinging out all over the place, spandex pants, fake eyelashes so long they went above her eyebrows, gold grill with 'diamonds' on her teeth and calling everyone 'bitch' and 'nigga' when speaking to them are all the things that stereotypical (read that as people trying to act how they think people want them to act.) 'blackness'.

I mentioned Indian guy...well, I do admit that the prevailing opinion around here is that when an Indian guy takes over a place they will typically try to cut corners where ever they go. I have seen it happen many many times where I live. A guy who happens to be from that part of the world takes over a restaurant and immediately tries to cut cost where ever possible. They usually end up getting on the health department's bad side and are shut down within a year. The only exception was a mexican restaurant near where I live and they stayed open for three years before they were finely forced to shut down because of health violations.

Now that I think about it it does seem racist. I suppose I should have put that as someone who was not from America originally. But then it would have been taken as me being anti-foreign or anti-immigration. Either way I would step on someone's toes.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
I mentioned that she was a black lady not because it was her skin color, but that she chose to act stereotypically 'Black'. There is a difference between speaking English and having a darker skin tone and acting 'black'. The whole Ebonics, blinging out all over the place, spandex pants, fake eyelashes so long they went above her eyebrows, gold grill with 'diamonds' on her teeth and calling everyone 'bitch' and 'nigga' when speaking to them are all the things that stereotypical (read that as people trying to act how they think people want them to act.) 'blackness'.

Quote :
I mentioned Indian guy...well, I do admit that the prevailing opinion around here is that when an Indian guy takes over a place they will typically try to cut corners where ever they go. I have seen it happen many many times where I live. A guy who happens to be from that part of the world takes over a restaurant and immediately tries to cut cost where ever possible.

Quote :
Now that I think about it it does seem racist. I suppose I should have put that as someone who was not from America originally. But then it would have been taken as me being anti-foreign or anti-immigration. Either way I would step on someone's toes.

ps shut up Sloth

and stop spoilering shit you cowardly fuck
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
Since when was McDonalds picky about who they hired?
Since the first ten years when they refused to hire any female employees at all. (They wanted to be a family place. Only evil dangerous teenage hangouts hired girrrrrrrrrrrrls.)
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:52 pm

Oh dear. I could handwave the other post away as being descriptive, maybe, but... ahaha, wow. Wow.

WANK TIEM YAY
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 pm

Quote :
Cut the righteous indignation, Cyberwulf Jr.

Also, haha, oh wow.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:08 pm

Mythandariel wrote:

And as for mentioning races. I mentioned that she was a black lady not because it was her skin color, but that she chose to act stereotypically 'Black'. There is a difference between speaking English and having a darker skin tone and acting 'black'.

Then let's split some hairs- where does Eminem stand on this issue? Vanilla Ice? People who emulate today's pop culture emulation of what it means to be anything but white?

Quote :
The whole Ebonics, blinging out all over the place, spandex pants, fake eyelashes so long they went above her eyebrows, gold grill with 'diamonds' on her teeth and calling everyone 'bitch' and 'nigga' when speaking to them are all the things that stereotypical (read that as people trying to act how they think people want them to act.) 'blackness'.

It's a cultural thing, Myth. You are from the outside looking in, and at least I admit to not being a part of African-American culture so I can't comment on it. But my mom's side is Mexican and it has its fashion and its social mores that would drive anyone outside it nuts. I mean come on, cries of "Ah, chingada!" and random smatterings of cursewords and general slang is enough to make someone who doesn't understand it feel left out and therefore insulted.

Quote :
I mentioned Indian guy...well, I do admit that the prevailing opinion around here is that when an Indian guy takes over a place they will typically try to cut corners where ever they go.
That's funny, when I hear "Indian Guy" I think of that really smart kid I used to practice grappling with.

Quote :
I have seen it happen many many times where I live. A guy who happens to be from that part of the world takes over a restaurant and immediately tries to cut cost where ever possible.
Then the prevailing opinion is therefore your opinion.

Quote :
They usually end up getting on the health department's bad side and are shut down within a year. The only exception was a mexican restaurant near where I live and they stayed open for three years before they were finely forced to shut down because of health violations.

A Mexican restaurant owned by Mexicans, or owned by ignorant gringoes who make assumptions, like you?

Quote :
Now that I think about it it does seem racist.

QUICK HIT REVERSE AND HOPE IT HITS 88MPH

Quote :
I suppose I should have put that as someone who was not from America originally. But then it would have been taken as me being anti-foreign or anti-immigration. Either way I would step on someone's toes.

Lol poor communication skills
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
There is a difference between speaking English and having a darker skin tone and acting 'black'. The whole Ebonics, blinging out all over the place, spandex pants, fake eyelashes so long they went above her eyebrows, gold grill with 'diamonds' on her teeth and calling everyone 'bitch' and 'nigga' when speaking to them are all the things that stereotypical (read that as people trying to act how they think people want them to act.) 'blackness'.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:30 pm

For fuck's sake. I wish that for once, Florida would do something the least bit redeeming of itself. It's just one fucking moral event horizon after another.

Hay, wasn't it at some point people were called "black" due to their hair color than their skin color? Not saying that's what was originally meant but...yeah?
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Mythandariel wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
Mythandariel wrote:

Perhaps. If I had not quit before it got that bad.

And as for mentioning races. I mentioned that she was a black lady not because it was her skin color, but that she chose to act stereotypically 'Black'. There is a difference between speaking English and having a darker skin tone and acting 'black'. The whole Ebonics, blinging out all over the place, spandex pants, fake eyelashes so long they went above her eyebrows, gold grill with 'diamonds' on her teeth and calling everyone 'bitch' and 'nigga' when speaking to them are all the things that stereotypical (read that as people trying to act how they think people want them to act.) 'blackness'.

FFFFFFFFFFF-

JESUS CHRIST DON'T FUCKING GET ME STARTED
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:47 pm

Mythandariel wrote:

And how the fuck is this in any way a problem? How the fuck does that make you seem less racist?

I'm tired of idiots ranting about "Ebonics" - fuck you. Good god. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? What right do you have to look down on it?

And "spandex pants" and "fake eyelashes"? Please shut up, Myth. You are seeming more and more like the next Melissa.

THOSE YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS WITH THEIR SPANDEX PANTS AND THEIR VERNACULAR GET OFFA MY LAWN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".   McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots". Empty

Back to top Go down

McDonalds refuses transgendered applicant, "We don't hire faggots".
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next